Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

College Basketball Recruiting Thread I
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phillipraz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
phillipraz wrote:
ninerfanwheelz wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
2014 5* SF Stanley Johnson (Mater Dei, CA) has cut his list down to UNLV, Oregon, SDSU, NC State, Kentucky, Arizona, Louisville, USC, Syracuse & UCLA.

ANY chance he ends up a Duck?

always a chance. i say he will def end up in the Pac 12....

I definitely see him ending up at UNLV, Oregon, SDSU, Arizona, USC, or UCLA.

who USC hires will be huge for recruiting
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phillipraz wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
phillipraz wrote:
ninerfanwheelz wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
2014 5* SF Stanley Johnson (Mater Dei, CA) has cut his list down to UNLV, Oregon, SDSU, NC State, Kentucky, Arizona, Louisville, USC, Syracuse & UCLA.

ANY chance he ends up a Duck?

always a chance. i say he will def end up in the Pac 12....

I definitely see him ending up at UNLV, Oregon, SDSU, Arizona, USC, or UCLA.

who USC hires will be huge for recruiting

I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up luring Jamie Dixon away from Pittsburgh which would help us a lot on the trail.

Stanley Johnson and Shaaquan Aaron are my two favorite prospects on the west coast for the 2014 class if we hire a solid head coach we should be players in both of their recruitments.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2013 4* PF Jermaine Lawrence (Springfield Gardens, N.Y) has committed to Cincinnati.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kentucky has started to recruit 3* SF/PF MiKyle Mcintosh (Jackson, KY). He already has an offer from UCLA and Miami. North Carolina, Kansas, UConn, and Florida have also expressed interest in him lately too.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw Tyler Ennis balling at the gym earlier today with his entourage (...or friends lol.) Dude is a little freakin hoodrat, it was a full court game and this kid was complaining and calling every little bump. I only covered him for a little, he was pretty weak I was manhandling him physically... As far as his actual basketball ability? Yeah he is pretty nasty... obviously. He was probably only going at 50% and wasn't really trying to shoot but was just throwing the sickest passes and his handles were amazing. The people who didn't know who he was were just in awe watching him.

~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
1,628 yards, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 82.0 Passer Rating
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Kentucky has started to recruit 3* SF/PF MiKyle Mcintosh (Jackson, KY). He already has an offer from UCLA and Miami. North Carolina, Kansas, UConn, and Florida have also expressed interest in him lately too.

Yeah he's a pretty interesting prospect. Not even ranked/rated on most major recruiting sites except for ESPN and has attended several different schools. His team now isn't even a real HS basketball team in the traditional sense, it's a traveling team made up of international guys from around the area. That along with injuries are why people are speculating he hasn't been noticed until now. Got to wonder how good his game tape was for it to attract major schools like UNC, Kansas and Kentucky.

~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
1,628 yards, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 82.0 Passer Rating
bkobow05

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/226017/Wiggins-Scores-57-In-Response-To-Article-Questioning-Effort-Intensity

Quote:
Andrew Wiggins scored 57 points on 24-of-28 shooting, grabbed 13 rebounds and blocked 4 shots in Huntington Prep's 111-59 win over Marietta College JV on Thursday night.

#JDI
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Yeah he's a pretty interesting prospect. Not even ranked/rated on most major recruiting sites except for ESPN and has attended several different schools. His team now isn't even a real HS basketball team in the traditional sense, it's a traveling team made up of international guys from around the area. That along with injuries are why people are speculating he hasn't been noticed until now. Got to wonder how good his game tape was for it to attract major schools like UNC, Kansas and Kentucky.

At the very least he'll be a solid combo forward that can guard multiple positions, rebound, and get garbage points. Plus he'll most likely be a four year guy and every program needs guys like that. I wouldn't expect an instant impact but over the course of his career he should be a very solid role player for a big program.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/226017/Wiggins-Scores-57-In-Response-To-Article-Questioning-Effort-Intensity

Quote:
Andrew Wiggins scored 57 points on 24-of-28 shooting, grabbed 13 rebounds and blocked 4 shots in Huntington Prep's 111-59 win over Marietta College JV on Thursday night.

Not to take anything away from Wiggins but it was a DIII school's JV team which is worse than most high school varsity basketball teams that play at any sort of competitive level.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:

Quote:

Not to take anything away from Wiggins but it was a DIII school's JV team which is worse than most high school varsity basketball teams that play at any sort of competitive level.
It was more of the fact that he shot 85.7% from the field in an organized competition. I don't care about the competition. Laughing

Yes, he probably had his way with them in the paint but still, 85% is 85%.

#JDI
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
It was more of the fact that he shot 85.7% from the field in an organized competition. I don't care about the competition. Laughing

Yes, he probably had his way with them in the paint but still, 85% is 85%.

I wouldn't really call playing the JV team from a DIII school with a bunch of guys that suck at basketball organized competition. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
I wouldn't really call playing the JV team from a DIII school with a bunch of guys that suck at basketball organized competition. Laughing
Have you ever shot 28 times on a court? Laughing

You could be wide open and not make 24 of them.

#JDI
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:

When the majority of them are at the rim it's not that hard. It was essentially a glorified shoot around for Huntington Prep.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:

When the majority of them are at the rim it's not that hard. It was essentially a glorified shoot around for Huntington Prep.
Still the #1 player in his class. His game is 100% made for the NBA though. As has been said before, Jabari is going to be the better college player while Wiggins is the guy you want 5 years from now.

#JDI
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
]Still the #1 player in his class. His game is 100% made for the NBA though. As has been said before, Jabari is going to be the better college player while Wiggins is the guy you want 5 years from now.

Andrew Wiggins is ranked number one based more off potential than anything. He has better long term potential than Jabari Parker but as of now Parker is by far a more complete offensive player.

Jabari Parker is basically a carbon copy of Carmelo Anthony without the character concerns. While Andrew Wiggins is a combination of Scottie Pippen and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.

You can't go wrong with either guy. And the thing I like about both of them is that they come from strong families with parents that have been around professional and high major college athletics so they know how to handle it. Plus both guys are really humble and well spoken, which isn't something you usually see from elite superstar players like Wiggins and Parker.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 43 of 100

Jump to: