Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tramaine Brock Agrees to a 4 Year Extension
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Tramaine Brock Agrees to a 4 Year Extension Reply with quote

Quote:
Bill Williamson ‏@BWilliamsonESPN 3m
#49ers has signed cornerback Tramaine Brock to a four-year, $16 million extension. It includes a $7 million guarantee.

Not too surprising, but looks like we have some certainty for next season. Now, do we re-sign Brown?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to but don't we typically resign guys in tier last year either during or before the season starts? Which means at the moment, TB and donte look to be goners.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if it means Whitner is gone, but does seem like they are prepared to move on from Brown. I'm fine with that even if he is our best CB. Brown is going to be 30 years old soon and we have seen others lose a few steps around that range. Not only that, but I'm sure another team offers him more money.

Whitner is the leader of the secondary and the coaching staff really likes him. He has been great this season, and will be a tough blow if he leaves.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
I'm not sure if it means Whitner is gone, but does seem like they are prepared to move on from Brown. I'm fine with that even if he is our best CB. Brown is going to be 30 years old soon and we have seen others lose a few steps around that range. Not only that, but I'm sure another team offers him more money.

Whitner is the leader of the secondary and the coaching staff really likes him. He has been great this season, and will be a tough blow if he leaves.

For those very reasons, I hope we keep whitner.
xXFlyteXx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

For those very reasons, I hope we keep whitner.

I agree Whitner has been so great this season and not only in a leadership role but as a mentor Eric Reid has been playing so well for a rookie and a ton of credit is owed to Donte. I hope they keep him around personally.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember during the 2011 playoffs he tweeted to Culliver to come to his house, so he could help him understand the offensive schemes of both teams (DET/NO). He is great for any young member of the secondary. For all Whitner's bad moments, he has rarely ever blown any assignment. Whitner is a very smart player that has worked hard to improve on his coverage skills. Obviously he may never he one of the best in that area, but it is night and day compared to last year.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this likely means that Brown is gone; I don't think we ever had serious intentions of resigning him anyway. Generally, we hear about it before we re-sign key guys to contract extensions. He's a pretty good corner and will probably be seeking an amount that we are not comfortable with. However, should he not find the market favorable, I could see us pulling a Goldson and resigning him to a 1 year deal at more favorable team terms which would allow him to try and increase his value.

On this topic though, I really like this deal. 7 million guaranteed isn't too bad, and 16 mil over 4 years could be an absolute steal. He's a gambler, but there have been times this season where I think we have all been impressed with his play. While it's possible that he never gets much better than this year, if he does, this deal becomes an absolute steal for us. I like this the same way I liked Boone's deal a couple of years ago in that I think it's a small gamble that could pay big dividends. I think that's a pretty successful way to run your salary cap in this day of the NFL; small risks that have big rewards. I think this is a very good deal and a shot very much worth it.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This deal is similar to the one we gave Brown a few years ago. So next year for sure we will have Brock, Culliver, and Wright. I'm fairly certain we keep Morris as well, and we likely draft a CB in the first two rounds. Honestly, that isn't bad at all but time will tell how good of a slot CB Wright is.

We could go after Brandon Browner though Laughing .

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
This deal is similar to the one we gave Brown a few years ago. So next year for sure we will have Brock, Culliver, and Wright. I'm fairly certain we keep Morris as well, and we likely draft a CB in the first two rounds. Honestly, that isn't bad at all but time will tell how good of a slot CB Wright is.

We could go after Brandon Browner though Laughing .

Pretty sure Wright is a free agent after this year. Rogers will still be under contract, though he's going to have to restructure or be cut. There's no way we are carrying his cap hit into next year, and almost all his dead money was on this year. Right now we have Cully and Brock under contract, and I'm sure Morris will be back as well. Other than that, I don't think there's any other corner under contract. Cox would have been a restricted free agent and likely to be resigned had we kept him, but obviously that no longer applies.

Also, I actually do expect us to inquire about Browner, though I think his price range will be way above what we want to give a corner. He's big and physical and that seems to be what we want in our cornerbacks; it's why I don't expect us to draft guys like Ifo or Verret this year because they're simply too small. We may look at Roby even though he's only 5'11 just because he's a pretty physical 5'11 and plays like he's bigger than that (plus, he has a pretty good vertical), but I expect us to look more at guys like Colvin, Fuller, Purifoy

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
struby3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My records show the following stats for our corners so far this year:

Player-TGT-COM-%-YDS-TDs-INT-PD-Pen-Rating
Carlos Rogers-52-27-51.9-323-1-1-1-3-69.6
Tarell Brown-54-31-57.4-384-1-0-9-5-85.7
Tramaine Brock-35-20-57.1-314-3 -4-5-0-76.1

Tarell was probably our best corner last year, but I think he has had a down year in 2013 both on film and statistically. Tramaine is also three years younger. I just hope that he is able to play this well consistently and is not just having a hot streak right now. Overall, I feel the contract is pretty fair for both sides and I'm glad we are keeping him around.
49ersfan2152

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Brock signing not alot of money and hes a good solid player. Been liken him since I first saw him play when him an Culliver were battling it out hes a good player.

Deff makes me wonder whats gonna happen with Brown. I think its likely they move on from him but he will be very interesting to follow come FA. He may not get that big deal I meen look at what Sean Smith got last year, 3 years 18 mill 11 in guarantees. So mybe Brown ends up with something Similar id be willing to give him a deal like that.

gridiorngreat thnk you for the sig

Favorite Teams
Redsox, 49ers, Celtics, Uconn BB, Bruins, LSU FB
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see any way Rogers stays unless he severely restructures his deal. Wright is a FA, but I could see him coming back on a one year deal or something.

Browner would be nice but he will just command too much money. Not only that, but he's not that young either.

Brown hasn't played up to his 2012 level and that is the truth. Brock is about four years younger and comes cheaper obviously.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just had contact with a source, who informed me of Tramaine Brock’s new deal, which has a $3.75 million signing bonus, along with yearly $320,000 roster bonuses, tied into the 46-man active gameday roster, and yearly $130,000 workout bonuses. He also has playing time incentives.

His base salaries are, $800,000(2014), $1.85 million(2015), $2.7 million(2016), $3.1 million(2017).

His $1.323 million base salary stays the same for 2013. His $800,000 2014 base salary is guaranteed.

His cap numbers are as follows.

2014- $2 million

2015- $3.05 million

2016- $3.9 million

2017- $4.3 million

Update: Brock’s 2015 base salary becomes guaranteed on April 1st, 2015, as long as he is on the 49ers roster. And his incentives are $250,000 for 60% playing time and/or 6 INTs, and an additional $250,000($500,000 in total) for 80% playing time and/or 6 INTs.

http://ninercaphell.com/2013/11/23/tramaine-brocks-contract-details-according-to-a-source/

As usual, beautiful structuring by Marathe and Baalke.
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to look at signing Alterraun Verner in the offseason. He's young and clearly has talent. Could maybe lock him down to a reasonable contract if he hits free agency.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
oldman9er

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big fan of that contract... thanks for posting the details of it, struby3.

I would also like to see Alterraun Verner as a 49er, but he will be looking for HUGE money. Been playing like a top 5 corner.

I think we will lean on Brock and Culliver as our starters, but might get a bargain vet in FA to go along with a a high draft pick CB. I get the feeling that Whitner stays a 49er somehow also.

___

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: