Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Any hope for the O-Line?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IbleedBLUE24

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many fans want to criticize JR for his lack of drafting o-lineman when really there is not fault to be blame there. If you take a look by look at the draft since 2007 (when JR took over) you will see he was in right not to spend a high draft choice on players.

2007: Ross(1st) next OL taken Joe Staley and Ben Grubbs, Smith(2nd) next OL taken Ryan Kalil and Samson Satele, Alford(3rd) next OL taken Yanda. Jeremy Bushrod(4th- was only other linemam drafted past 3rd round to make probowl. It is easy to look at this and be like JR made a bunch of misses in regards to OL. However don't forget our line was not considered to be aging at this point. Ross IMO was a big miss and Staley/Grubbs would be welcome additions to the team. Smith was a great Giant despite a terrible departure although Kalil would be nice, but can't fault JR for this. Alford had a big sack in the superbowl and once again our Oline was not considered aging at this point.

2008: Phillips (1st) next OL taken Mike Pollak and John Greco(not till 3rd), Thomas next OL taken Greco and Oniel cousins. Carl Nicks(5th) only player after 1st round to make probowl
wouldn't trade the picks based on the next best OL either.

2009: Nicks(1st) next OL Eric Wood and OT Eben Britton, Sintim (2nd) and Beatty (2nd). JR used a high draft choice on Beatty who I actual preferred to Nicks in the first. Definitely glad JR went Nicks there now.

2010: JPP(1st) next OL taken OT Bryan Bulaga, Joseph(2nd) next OL taken OG Vladimir Ducasse. Both player are key core guys on the Dline.

2011: Amukamara(1st) next OL taken OT Castonzo/ Carpenter/ Carimi, Austin(2nd) next OL taken Gilbert. Prince needs to start playing like a first rounder with all the players at CB hurt, and Austin just needs to see the field. Prince was a huge drop though and got high praise by many fans and experts alike.

2012: Wilson(1st) next OL taken Schwartz/ Glenn/ Martin, Randle(2nd) next OL taken Stephenson. I am not a fan of either of the tackle prospects beside Wilson in the first. Despite the fumble Wilson seems to be primed for big things. Randle was almost our first round lick while Stephenson is no name in 3 years IMO.

The 2013 class is shaping up to be loaded and I expect that 1 if not both high picks will be used on our line.
LikesHAM

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it will be serviceable but I think we are looking at an OL in the first round next year. Maybe even the first 2. Picks #32 and #64 of course.

We just don't have that guy that we can depend on anymore. IMO.
R2theDizzlE

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still believe in Chris Snee. That being said, however, I have very little faith in the rest of the line save for maybe David Baas. I just have a feeling he's going to turn it around this season.

I dont debate with KoS anymore. Period. I am at too much of a disadvantage when the person I am debating with isnt bound by reality like I am. Wink
reckless123

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Beatty may start vs bucs, which is a huge boost. hopefully he can improve the running game.

"Champagne"..."Mountain Range"..."Hugs".
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if eli is as elite as we say he is, i think its time we start spreading it out some more and put the ball in his hands like the other great QBs in the league (brady brees rodgers all throw much more) im not saying abandon the run but make defenses expect pass first... we still do pass more than we throw but we dont spread defenses out that much
IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMENNATION wrote:
if eli is as elite as we say he is, i think its time we start spreading it out some more and put the ball in his hands like the other great QBs in the league (brady brees rodgers all throw much more) im not saying abandon the run but make defenses expect pass first... we still do pass more than we throw but we dont spread defenses out that much

If you won't say it, I will....

ABANDON THE RUN!!!!!
...and maybe spit in it's face as we run out on it. Laughing

We can use the short passing game with 3 or 4 WRs on the field to make managable downs. Beatty will help in pass protect, but he is no stud when it comes to run blocking. We are built to pass the ball, lets play to our strength. I'd rather come out passing and using the hurry up intermittently to put points up, THEN mix some more running plays in to work the clock and keep the defense off the field.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR0NM1KE wrote:
GMENNATION wrote:

If you won't say it, I will....

ABANDON THE RUN!!!!!
...and maybe spit in it's face as we run out on it. Laughing

We can use the short passing game with 3 or 4 WRs on the field to make managable downs. Beatty will help in pass protect, but he is no stud when it comes to run blocking. We are built to pass the ball, lets play to our strength. I'd rather come out passing and using the hurry up intermittently to put points up, THEN mix some more running plays in to work the clock and keep the defense off the field.

We passed it 63% of the time last week...that's not exactly committing to the run Razz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More cowbell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: