Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The All Things Eugene "Geno" Smith Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TheFootballDude


Joined: 02 Sep 2012
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: The All Things Eugene "Geno" Smith Thread Reply with quote

The guy threw for over 4,300 yards last season with 31 TDs and only 7 INTs.

He's already in the heisman race this season after tearing apart the Marshall defense on his way to 323 yards and 4 touchdowns and nearly completed 90% of his passes!

From what I hear he's a smart guy, quick learner, and a good leader for a West Virginia team that could make some noise in the Big 12 this season.

He has a little bit of a windup in his throwing motion but it doesn't effect his release at all. He gets the ball out quick, on time, and in rhythm. His best trait might be his ability to throw the deep ball. He's one of the best in College football at throwing to the sideline and the back of the endzone. He gets nice arc and has the arm strength to drive the ball deep down the field allowing his receivers to run under the ball.

I see Smith as a riser as this season progresses and wouldn't be shocked if he ends up as the second or third QB taken in the draft. Matt Barkley is the clear-cut #1, after him I could see a fight for the #2 spot between Tyler Wilson, Logan Thomas, and Geno Smith. He's going to be a fun one to watch this season.

What's your opinion on Smith and who do you have as your top 5 QBs at this point?

ESPN.com Player Profile
2013 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Notes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coors


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 7770
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First Post..? Pretty good writeup for a first post.

But on Geno Smith.. people are talking about him. At least on FF, a lot of people are very high on him. I, included. I've been pimping him on these forums since he was a sophomore in I believe 2010. I love the guy.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
keepnitgangsta1


Joined: 27 Feb 2006
Posts: 15371
Location: St. Louis
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are talking about him...

A lot. Especially on this forum.
_________________

My NFL Draft Thread
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
FREDDY T


Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 5345
Location: NY
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres something about WVU Qbs that rubs me the wrong way.

I think the stigma regarding WVU Qbs will hurt his draft stock
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Supersuavesky


Joined: 23 Nov 2008
Posts: 29562
Location: Anywhere But Here
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read the Title and Said: "WHAAATT???!!!!"


coors wrote:
First Post..? Pretty good writeup for a first post.

But on Geno Smith.. people are talking about him. At least on FF, a lot of people are very high on him. I, included. I've been pimping him on these forums since he was a sophomore in I believe 2010. I love the guy.
This guy's been talking him up sense a frosh. Wink
_________________
PSN: Suavesky

RIP Robin Williams
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coors


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 7770
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supersuavesky wrote:
Read the Title and Said: "WHAAATT???!!!!"


coors wrote:
First Post..? Pretty good writeup for a first post.

But on Geno Smith.. people are talking about him. At least on FF, a lot of people are very high on him. I, included. I've been pimping him on these forums since he was a sophomore in I believe 2010. I love the guy.
This guy's been talking him up sense a frosh. Wink


winner Applause
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 49689
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are talking about him.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Freakout


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 3121
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FREDDY T wrote:
theres something about WVU Qbs that rubs me the wrong way.

I think the stigma regarding WVU Qbs will hurt his draft stock


WVU QB's have a stigma?

You had Bulger, who played under Nolan back when the BIG EAST was actually a strong conference.

Then maybe Pat White but he was never know as a passer.

Really struggling to see how there is a stigma.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 17131
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's growing on me.

Now who does need a hype man is Tavon Austin...
_________________
Hokie wrote:
Yall remember that one time Burifict made a tackle and didn't have to leave the game? Good times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll be a 1st round prospect by April if he already isn't one.
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
jyod21


Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 1713
Location: Morgantown, WV
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freakout wrote:
FREDDY T wrote:
theres something about WVU Qbs that rubs me the wrong way.

I think the stigma regarding WVU Qbs will hurt his draft stock


WVU QB's have a stigma?

You had Bulger, who played under Nolan back when the BIG EAST was actually a strong conference.

Then maybe Pat White but he was never know as a passer.

Really struggling to see how there is a stigma.


Yeah, I have no idea where that came from. Unless by "stigma", you mean Rich Rod's QB's weren't Pro-style QB's. I think there is more of a stigma against QB's coming from the Mike Leach/Dana Holgorsen system than anything tied to the university.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Its A Sabotage


Moderator
Joined: 14 May 2010
Posts: 35886
Location: Do. Your. Job.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
He'll be a 1st round prospect by April if he already isn't one.


I think he already is, and know a few people that have him #2 (QB) in the class.
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
He'll be a 1st round prospect by April if he already isn't one.


I think he already is, and know a few people that have him #2 (QB) in the class.


I know I do, right behind Barkley. If he keeps playing the way he did last week he'll move up ahead of Bark in no time.

And no, I don't ride Logan Thomas' jock like most of you around here.
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 27663
Location: #JDI
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno Smith is my #1. While everyone was all goo goo eyes over Logan Thomas, I'm all goo goo eyes over Geno Smith.
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew



R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Its A Sabotage


Moderator
Joined: 14 May 2010
Posts: 35886
Location: Do. Your. Job.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
He'll be a 1st round prospect by April if he already isn't one.


I think he already is, and know a few people that have him #2 (QB) in the class.


I know I do, right behind Barkley. If he keeps playing the way he did last week he'll move up ahead of Bark in no time.

And no, I don't ride Logan Thomas' jock like most of you around here.


Had him ranked high for what he flashed and the upside, the last 2 weeks, I'm just not seeing it...However, Geno has shown it.
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 1 of 23

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group