Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The All Things Eugene "Geno" Smith Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
He'll be a 1st round prospect by April if he already isn't one.

I think he already is, and know a few people that have him #2 (QB) in the class.

I know I do, right behind Barkley. If he keeps playing the way he did last week he'll move up ahead of Bark in no time.

And no, I don't ride Logan Thomas' jock like most of you around here.

Had him ranked high for what he flashed and the upside, the last 2 weeks, I'm just not seeing it...However, Geno has shown it.

Yea, a lot of you had him ranked highly for that reason whereas I've been steady on saying I need to see him develop more consistency for me to move him ahead of Barkley. Thomas still needs work.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smith is my #2. And yes, Thomas does need development. However, Barkley still has glaring mechanical issues and obvious physical deficiencies that imo will keep him from being the top QB drafted.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
yupyup

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Smith is my #2. And yes, Thomas does need development. However, Barkley still has glaring mechanical issues and obvious physical deficiencies that imo will keep him from being the top QB drafted.

Like what?
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yupyup wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Like what?

Throwing off his backfoot. Putting his entire body into throws.

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

I think it's okay to say that some of you need to cool it on the Thomas hype. It got very out of hand this offseason when several posters made it sound as if he was already a top 5 prospect. That's why I always showed that my rankings were at the current time, not how I projected them to be by April. You can't just assume progression for every prospect.

And I think the back foot complaint with Bark is a bit overstated. It just seems like nitpicking on a generally great prospect. It tends to throw off his backfoot when he's throwing the deep touch pass because that's how he floats it. I'm really not that against it as he still shows accuracy on those plays though the strength is inconsistent. It's an easy fix, regardless, which just lets me look past it with even more confidence.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

I think it's okay to say that some of you need to cool it on the Thomas hype. It got very out of hand this offseason when several posters made it sound as if he was already a top 5 prospect. That's why I always showed that my rankings were at the current time, not how I projected them to be by April. You can't just assume progression for every prospect.

And I think the back foot complaint with Bark is a bit overstated. It just seems like nitpicking on a generally great prospect. It tends to throw off his backfoot when he's throwing the deep touch pass because that's how he floats it. I'm really not that against it as he still shows accuracy on those plays though the strength is inconsistent. It's an easy fix, regardless, which just lets me look past it with even more confidence.

The ball tends to sail when he does it and it hangs in the air.

And he does it more than just on the deep ball. It's an issue that tips his hand.

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

And he does it more than just on the deep ball. It's an issue that tips his hand.

I've never noticed it on anything more than his deep ball, but yes, it does hang in the air for a terribly long time. Like I said though, that's a pretty easy fix with NFL coaching. That's just nitpicking a good prospect.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

I've never noticed it on anything more than his deep ball, but yes, it does hang in the air for a terribly long time. Like I said though, that's a pretty easy fix with NFL coaching. That's just nitpicking a good prospect.

It's really not. It can point to other issues. I had a similar problem with Jimmy Clausen(there was more with Clausen though).

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
It's really not. It can point to other issues. I had a similar problem with Jimmy Clausen(there was more with Clausen though).

What other issues are you insinuating it points to then? No point making an empty statement like that without backing it up. I think you're just nitpicking.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

What other issues are you insinuating it points to then? No point making an empty statement like that without backing it up. I think you're just nitpicking.

Namely, arm strength.

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Namely, arm strength.

Okay....so it takes away from his arm strength on those specific plays which I've already agreed with. He does float it on those plays. The original point was, it's an easy fix. You fix him throwing off his backfoot on those plays, you fix the zip on those balls. The point from the very beginning is that it isn't some huge hurdle.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Namely, arm strength.

Okay....so it takes away from his arm strength on those specific plays which I've already agreed with. He does float it on those plays. The original point was, it's an easy fix. You fix him throwing off his backfoot on those plays, you fix the zip on those balls. The point from the very beginning is that it isn't some huge hurdle.

I don't think you understand. I'm not saying it CAUSES other issues, I'm saying it POINTS to them.

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Namely, arm strength.

I don't think you understand. I'm not saying it CAUSES other issues, I'm saying it POINTS to them.

I guess you'll have to elaborate because you're right, I don't understand what you're saying.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Namely, arm strength.

I guess you'll have to elaborate because you're right, I don't understand what you're saying.

Pointing to a lack of arm strength.

Chiefer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares, this isn't a Barkley thread?

Geno Smith is gonna be a good one, got a good feeling on him. Hope the Chiefs draft him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 2 of 23

Jump to: