Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

On the Hot Seat with HT - update on Pg 17
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
htfryar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: On the Hot Seat with HT - update on Pg 17 Reply with quote

A few weeks ago, T_O7 approached me with a great idea of doing an interview type thread that helps us get to know some of our members a little bit better. Let's face it, we already know all we need to know about guys like Slam, Matts, Plan and all the other vets that have been on here forever. But, this forum is full of great posters that we don't know that much about.

So, once every 1-2 weeks, I will be conducting an interview with a selected member. I will pick someone at random and send them a questionnaire. After they respond, I will turn it into an interview and post it in this thread. This thread will be similar to the Guest Book that we already have, but with more fun, pics and commentary.

Interviewed thus far...

flyingmonkey30
Runaway Jim
JWingate
canadaluvsdalla
Rtnldave
Dirk Gently
WizardHawk
CowboysTilIDie
hitstreak07
DalCowboyzRule
be WARE94
Spends
DKDALfan
CT Cowboy Fan
buckwild
Football Mensa
Tony7188
mco65
Northland
HDsportsfan
cromagnum
gofrogs
MightyMouse07
Dboys88-82
Ace5
htfryar
retrolock
Justin Hoover82
TSSS
Desperado82
Texas_OutLaw7
The Squirrel
Dallasfan1313
textaz03
DaBoys
cav_fan2

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Last edited by htfryar on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:25 am; edited 45 times in total
htfryar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, the first member to sit on the Hot Seat is flyingmonkey30. He has been a member here since March 2007 and is a great poster. Let's get to know him a little bit better...

We all know you as fm30, what is your real name?

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Jared

Ok Jared, where do you live?

Quote:
Dallas, TX, but I go to school at UMass

Still in college, so how old are you?

Quote:

Wow, you are still just a pup. When and how did you become a Dallas Cowboy fan?

Quote:
Not really sure, but I have been watching games with my dad for as long as I can remember. Guess it comes with growing up in Dallas.

What is your marital/relationship status?

Quote:
I have had a girlfriend for almost two and a half years.

Do you have any kids?

Quote:
No sir, don't even want to think about that at this point. :lol:

You might be in the wrong forum then, this seems to be a pretty fertile place. What is your occupation?

Quote:
Student, but I would like to get into the sports industry. Not entirely sure what I want to do yet, but spoke to an agent about possibly interning over winter break.

Wow, it would be cool if one of our member went on to be a sports agent. You might end up representing a Cowboy player someday. Speaking of which, who is your favorite current player? And your all-time favorite player?

Quote:
My favorite current player is Demarcus Ware. He is just so dominant week in and week out, and is a class act off the field. I would have to say my favorite all-time player is Troy Aikman. He was really the first star player that I personally remember. I remember watching the movie "Like Mike", getting a new pair of shoes, and said "make me like Troy" the first time I put them on.

Hard to go wrong with Ware and Aikman. So, do you have any pets? If so, what kind and how many?

Quote:
Yeah, two dogs, but one of them is pretty old. We have a cocker spaniel/poodle mix, and she is like 15, I think, named Murphy. And we have a black lab that is about 7, named Pepper.

We all know that Des likes to do dog shows with his pets, what about you? Do you have any hobbies or special interests?

Quote:
Well, I would like to consider myself an amateur scout. In addition to that, I also like to consider myself a magician, and I am trying to get a few gigs at school to make a little extra cash.

Wow, that's pretty cool. I always liked magic shows. How did you come up with that awesome screen name?

Quote:
Oh man, its a long story, but I'll shorten it up a bit. Basically, I was like 13 when I joined the forum (sorry for anything I posted during my younger years) and something happened in my science class where I determined that I was a flying monkey with gills and rainbow eyes. I don't really remember the whole thing, but basically, I didn't want to type that whole thing out as a screen name, so I went with Flyingmonkey. And my favorite number is 30, because that was my number when I played hockey.

That. Is. Awesome. Someday, you need to post the whole story. I know our members would love to hear it. Which do you prefer: beer, fruity drinks or neither?

Quote:
I'm underage, and surprisingly, I don't drink at college. Just not my thing i guess. So definitely fruity drinks. Kool-aid for life. Red or blue though, I didn't like the other colors.

Nice to see a responsible young man who doesn't buckle under to peer pressure. I'm impressed that you are focused on school instead of booze. Seriously though, you should give iced tea a try. I highly recommend Tetley British Blend. Well fm30, good luck to you in your pursuit of a career in the sports injury. When you become the next Ari Gold, don't forget us here in the Cowboys Forum.

Guys, I had asked fm30 to give me a pic to use to represent him during this interview. Instead of posting the one he gave me, I think this one is better...

Special thanks to ac62 for the photoshop work on the pic. Tune in next week for another segment of On the Hot Seat with HT.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Last edited by htfryar on Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Applause Applause

That was fantastic, especially the picture. Thanks for the opportunity HT!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:

Glad to do it man. I thought you would like the pic. AC62 did a great job on the "flying monkey with gills and rainbow eyes". Your answer to that question is going to be hard to top. Whoever I interview next has a tough act to follow.

Last edited by htfryar on Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:

Glad to do it man. I thought you would like the pic. Your answer to the how did you pick your screen name question is going to be hard to top. Whoever I interview next has a tough act to follow.

Haha, its a true story Laughing

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

So FM is a flying monkey with gills and rainbow eyes that when he put on shoes he wished to become 'like troy' and does magic.

This is great stuff!

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Dallasfan1313

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a great idea. We've all heard matts' midget fetish, Slam's McQuistian fetish and TO_7's Reagan fetish (lotta fetishes around here. Starting to think this place is turning into an S&M forum) an ungodly amount of times. Good to get to know some of our other members.

Also gives me more ammo for Cowpoke commercials Twisted Evil

R.I.P. B2TB and S.A.

ianlewis16 wrote:
you're my favourite poster

Matts4313 wrote:
DF1313 + Anger = Win for the forum.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing

So FM is a flying monkey with gills and rainbow eyes that when he put on shoes he wished to become 'like troy' and does magic.

This is great stuff!

Yes. This is all 100% true Laughing

Wait till you hear the full story Embarassed

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umass huh, excited for their move to the big leagues? Kinda sucks they have to play at Gillette and not on campus though.

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea, and the interview was fantastic.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHSTE92 wrote:
Umass huh, excited for their move to the big leagues? Kinda sucks they have to play at Gillette and not on campus though.

We're gonna get whooped this year, no doubt about it. And yeah, as cool as it would be to go to Gillette, I really don't want to take a bus 2 hours each way. Takes up way to much time out of my day

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work

Sig courtesy of mack.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job putting this together ht!

Love the pic Laughing

^^^Deadpulse
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, when I first opened this thread, I half expected to see a pic of ht sitting on the toilet ripping a deuce. Thank heaven it was just a really good interview with FM30.

Oddly enough, I'm ripping a deuce as I type this

DEZ88PLAYMAKER2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job HT GREAT idea

Thanks for the sig mike23md

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: