Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dri Archer - Kent State
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stein07

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject: Dri Archer - Kent State Reply with quote

Sweet mother of pearl, just saw a highlight video of this kid and he can ball. What are people's opinion about him? He looks small but that doesn't scare me at all. What round is he projected to go?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX4IAY3d2io

(I need to update my sig haha)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A project, who can run fast. 7th rder as far as I'm concerned.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
buddy_z34

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good return man and screen man. Maybe a Dexter McCluster type if used sporadically. Wouldn't mind if the team drafts him late. Say 6th or 7th round. Take over the return game for Harris.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buddy_z34 wrote:
Good return man and screen man. Maybe a Dexter McCluster type if used sporadically. Wouldn't mind if the team drafts him late. Say 6th or 7th round. Take over the return game for Harris.

Take over for Harris? Why?

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Hoover82 wrote:
buddy_z34 wrote:

I second this question. Harris as a return man and special teamer was an impact player for us.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Hoover82 wrote:
buddy_z34 wrote:

Because watch his highlights

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
Justin Hoover82 wrote:
buddy_z34 wrote:

I second this question. Harris as a return man and special teamer was an impact player for us.

Harris rite now is the #3 guy as far as WR's. As it sits rite now, Harris seems like he will be used more on the offensive side of the ball. Having him return kicks full time will only add to him getting injured. As a guy who will be called upon more on offense I would want to reduce his chance of injury by having him return kicks. Allows him to focus more on offense as well.

I'm not saying Harris isn't a good return guy. Just would want him to focus more on offense and reduce his chance of injury. Keep him fresher as well.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We probably would have lost 2 more games last year if not for Harris' work on special teams. He's JAG at receiver. I'd be far more inclined to draft someone that can take over his WR duties than his ST duties.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
We probably would have lost 2 more games last year if not for Harris' work on special teams. He's JAG at receiver. I'd be far more inclined to draft someone that can take over his WR duties than his ST duties.

This. Harris caught 9 balls last yr and was targeted a whooping 14 times. He has little to no value as a WR. Outside of Bailey, Harris was far and away the MVP of special teams.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
buddy_z34

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:

Just saying this team has six 7th round draft picks. I do believe Archer is a better return guy than Harris and is faster as well. If Harris is JAG then it also saves the team from having to re-sign him seeing as the team just drafted his replacement on special teams.

I think Harris will also be more productive at WR if the team allowed him to focus on his WR duties.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take play makers and find a way to make them work after the 5th in my books. Guys like Howard Jones, Nikata Whitlock, Dri Archer have a place just need to find it for them. Cowboys issue is we like to do that in the second and 3rd............

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buddy_z34 wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:

Just saying this team has six 7th round draft picks. I do believe Archer is a better return guy than Harris and is faster as well. If Harris is JAG then it also saves the team from having to re-sign him seeing as the team just drafted his replacement on special teams.

I think Harris will also be more productive at WR if the team allowed him to focus on his WR duties.

He's not a JAG in his role, he's an impact player. He's a JAG in the role you want to put him in. Would be a shame to let him walk.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
buddy_z34 wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:

He's not a JAG in his role, he's an impact player. He's a JAG in the role you want to put him in. Would be a shame to let him walk.

An I said Archer can possibly have a bigger impact than Harris in the return game. Can be used how the Chiefs use McCluster, in the slot an on screens an gimmick plays. (Reverses and such) an it saves the team money from having to resign Harris in the future.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buddy_z34 wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
buddy_z34 wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:

An I said Archer can possibly have a bigger impact than Harris in the return game. Can be used how the Chiefs use McCluster, in the slot an on screens an gimmick plays. (Reverses and such) an it saves the team money from having to resign Harris in the future.

You think Archer would be a top ~5 return man in the NFL?

^ made by CalhounLambeau
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not bad, but he's not going to be a guy who can get more than 6-8 touches per game. Definitely would bring a new element to this offense though, so I'd consider him with one of our 7ths.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: