Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The New Brew Crew Thread - Satan Himself >> STL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hrubes20

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
hrubes20 wrote:
Mitch Haniger hit a bomb the other day in Fall Instructs against the Cubs (off of Duane Underwood) and Damien Magnifico was supposedly wowing everyone there with his terrific fastball.

Those are the only two names that I saw for the Brewers, but the pitching as a whole threw a 4 hit shutout (although none of Jorge Soler, Albert Almora and Dan Vogelbach played in the game).
Thanks for the update.

Are you going to the games?

No problem. I wish I could see the games, but I don't live in Arizona. Cubs have a huge fan that lives in Arizona that attends all the EXST and Instructs games and posts results. I know how sparse the info is for other teams, so I try to pass along the info to interested parties such as yourself whenever I can.

Big thanks to Big_Palooka on the sig!
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrubes20 wrote:
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
hrubes20 wrote:
Mitch Haniger hit a bomb the other day in Fall Instructs against the Cubs (off of Duane Underwood) and Damien Magnifico was supposedly wowing everyone there with his terrific fastball.

Those are the only two names that I saw for the Brewers, but the pitching as a whole threw a 4 hit shutout (although none of Jorge Soler, Albert Almora and Dan Vogelbach played in the game).
Thanks for the update.

No problem. I wish I could see the games, but I don't live in Arizona. Cubs have a huge fan that lives in Arizona that attends all the EXST and Instructs games and posts results. I know how sparse the info is for other teams, so I try to pass along the info to interested parties such as yourself whenever I can.
Oh nice. Do you have a link for the Cubs fan?

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
hrubes20

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
hrubes20 wrote:
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
hrubes20 wrote:

Thanks for the update.

His name is Arizona Phil. He's a contributor at thecubreporter.com. The rest of the site is garbage, but I don't know if you can find the stuff he shares anywhere else.

Big thanks to Big_Palooka on the sig!
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrubes20 wrote:
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
hrubes20 wrote:
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
hrubes20 wrote:

Thanks for the update.

His name is Arizona Phil. He's a contributor at thecubreporter.com. The rest of the site is garbage, but I don't know if you can find the stuff he shares anywhere else.
Awesome. I will be looking at this on a regular basis.

The one source I've always wanted is an instructs guy.

Title Town USA wrote:
Pugger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
Title Town USA wrote:
Well, it's been a frustrating, yet entertaining season fells. At least we do have something to look forward to for next season.

Special shout out to ramssuperbowl99 for basically being the heart and soul (and brain) of this forum. Beautiful work as always. I read every last one of your posts, whether I comment on them or not. Much appreciated brother.
Thanks! Much appreciated - if people read, I'll keep posting!

Yes, nice job ram. Let's continue to post = hot stove league!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only got to one game in Appleton (Timber Rattlers) when I was in GB for the summer but I was very impressed with Ron Roenicke's son Lance.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
I only got to one game in Appleton (Timber Rattlers) when I was in GB for the summer but I was very impressed with Ron Roenicke's son Lance.
Noteworthy caveat, Lance Roenicke is 24 already.

A good organizational player, but not really a pro prospect.

(And yes, lots of fun hot stove items to discuss! Even if the Brewers won't be that active on the FA market.)

Title Town USA wrote:
SplashDive

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
Pugger wrote:

(And yes, lots of fun hot stove items to discuss! Even if the Brewers won't be that active on the FA market.)

Need to get some pitchers for sure and they could make a few small trades probably. Other than greinke possible no big names though probably.

Props to Jamison. for the sick sig!!
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SplashDive wrote:
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
Pugger wrote:

Need to get some pitchers for sure and they could make a few small trades probably. Other than greinke possible no big names though probably.
RR pretty much said they aren't giving a pitcher $120 M, so take that as "Greinke isn't coming back."

Which is fine, the Brewers have to be more economical about contracts than to give him that type of money. I would expect the Brewers to bring in 2 FA bullpen arms - one of whom is a closer/set up man type. I would expect them to look around at the starters market, but I don't see any perfect fit. Ultimately, I think they go with the kids.

Then they add a bench SS, and maybe swing a trade with Mat Gamel.

Title Town USA wrote:
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
SplashDive wrote:
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
Pugger wrote:

RR pretty much said they aren't giving a pitcher $120 M, so take that as "Greinke isn't coming back."

Which is fine, the Brewers have to be more economical about contracts than to give him that type of money. I would expect the Brewers to bring in 2 FA bullpen arms - one of whom is a closer/set up man type. I would expect them to look around at the starters market, but I don't see any perfect fit. Ultimately, I think they go with the kids.

Then they add a bench SS, and maybe swing a trade with Mat Gamel.

To be fair, Doug absolutely loves Zack Greinke in a way no GM has ever truly loved a player that I've seen before, so I don't take Ron's comments to mean much. If they really wanna be true contenders, Greinke would put them in the picture and not need a slew of career years like we may have gotten this year.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad we came up 3 K's short of the record...

#JDI
ajhawk5047

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me, or do you guys think the brewers should put Mark Rogers and possibly even Tyler Thornburg in the bullpen permanently?

Rogers was good in his few starts this year, but he's obviously had his injuries in the past and i think he has the stuff to dominate out of the bullpen. I think this would maximize his potential as I don't see him being better than a 3/4 starting pitcher.

Thornburg was great in the minors as a starter but he was never an innings eater. It obviously won't be easier when he's with the brewers full-time. I think he also has the stuff to be absolutely dominant in the bullpen.

I feel like a Rogers/ Thornburg 8th/9th inning tandem would be monstrous.

What say all of you?
bkobow05

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to agree about Thornburg and Rogers being bullpen arms. It's just unfortunate that a lot of our top pitching prospects are of the same mold. Guys that would be much better out of the BP than as a starter.

If we can address the pitching rotation and Wily Peralta can lock down a spot in the rotation, I'd love Thornburg and Rogers to be the 7th and 8th inning guys (or 9th if Ax can't get it done but he'll get another shot next year).

#JDI
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajhawk5047 wrote:
Is it just me, or do you guys think the brewers should put Mark Rogers and possibly even Tyler Thornburg in the bullpen permanently?

Rogers was good in his few starts this year, but he's obviously had his injuries in the past and i think he has the stuff to dominate out of the bullpen. I think this would maximize his potential as I don't see him being better than a 3/4 starting pitcher.

Thornburg was great in the minors as a starter but he was never an innings eater. It obviously won't be easier when he's with the brewers full-time. I think he also has the stuff to be absolutely dominant in the bullpen.

I feel like a Rogers/ Thornburg 8th/9th inning tandem would be monstrous.

What say all of you?

I'm more inclined to say yes with Thornburg. He pitches up in the zone far too much for my liking as a starter. He also doesn't have a wipeout breaking ball, and with his short frame the whole stamina/durability is always a question.

I'm more hesitant on Rogers. To be fair to him, since his shoulder got put back together several years ago he hasn't had any injury you could call chronic. I mean, hereditery carpal tunnel? Plus, he has the stuff to be dominant and his command isn't a hinderance to the point where I feel he's a bullpen guy. I give him a shot to start next year and if he proves that he couldn't do it, relegate him to the pen in the future.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fellow Brewers fans I am just curious as to who you guys are pulling for in the postseason. For me personally I am going with the O's or Tigers and the Braves.

Props to Jamison. for the sick sig!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 36 of 40

Jump to: