You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Bears Thoughts 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SOCalBearsFan54


Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 1006
Location: Los Angeles
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
HuskieBear wrote:
Quote:
Iglesias, meanwhile, spent 2013 in the Canadian Football League and signed to play with the Helsinki Wolverines of the American Football Association of Finland.


Laughing

I don't remember if it was Mark Bradley or Iglesias, but there was a story about during one training camp. (this is paraphrased) Cutler completed a pass to one of them and they celebrated and pumped their fists and yelled. Cutler ran over, grabbed them by the collar, and said "it's training camp and you've accomplished nothing; get your @$$ back to the huddle."


That sure sounds like something Cutler would say.
_________________
DaMike wrote:
Illiterate wrote:
Not a fan of this pick at all.
Well you can't read so how smart can you be....

Wr #17 Alshon Jeffery
33-Catches 492-Yards 53-TGTS 2-TD's
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 13187
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCalBearsFan54 wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
HuskieBear wrote:
Quote:
Iglesias, meanwhile, spent 2013 in the Canadian Football League and signed to play with the Helsinki Wolverines of the American Football Association of Finland.


Laughing

I don't remember if it was Mark Bradley or Iglesias, but there was a story about during one training camp. (this is paraphrased) Cutler completed a pass to one of them and they celebrated and pumped their fists and yelled. Cutler ran over, grabbed them by the collar, and said "it's training camp and you've accomplished nothing; get your @$$ back to the huddle."


That sure sounds like something Cutler would say.

It was Iglesias and if I remember correctly he tried to one-handed catch a pass and Cutler was having none of it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G08


Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 6916
Location: World Championsville
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
SOCalBearsFan54 wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
HuskieBear wrote:
Quote:
Iglesias, meanwhile, spent 2013 in the Canadian Football League and signed to play with the Helsinki Wolverines of the American Football Association of Finland.


Laughing

I don't remember if it was Mark Bradley or Iglesias, but there was a story about during one training camp. (this is paraphrased) Cutler completed a pass to one of them and they celebrated and pumped their fists and yelled. Cutler ran over, grabbed them by the collar, and said "it's training camp and you've accomplished nothing; get your @$$ back to the huddle."


That sure sounds like something Cutler would say.

It was Iglesias and if I remember correctly he tried to one-handed catch a pass and Cutler was having none of it.


It was Iglesias doing a one-handed catch and Cutler ran over to him and screamed, "If you ever do that again I'll never throw you the ball, ever!"

Good God we're such losers for remembering this Laughing
_________________
topwop1 wrote:
My point is you can find a franchise guy like [Derek] Carr in every draft


"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 13187
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
SOCalBearsFan54 wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
HuskieBear wrote:
Quote:
Iglesias, meanwhile, spent 2013 in the Canadian Football League and signed to play with the Helsinki Wolverines of the American Football Association of Finland.


Laughing

I don't remember if it was Mark Bradley or Iglesias, but there was a story about during one training camp. (this is paraphrased) Cutler completed a pass to one of them and they celebrated and pumped their fists and yelled. Cutler ran over, grabbed them by the collar, and said "it's training camp and you've accomplished nothing; get your @$$ back to the huddle."


That sure sounds like something Cutler would say.

It was Iglesias and if I remember correctly he tried to one-handed catch a pass and Cutler was having none of it.


It was Iglesias doing a one-handed catch and Cutler ran over to him and screamed, "If you ever do that again I'll never throw you the ball, ever!"

Good God we're such losers for remembering this Laughing

I remember my first bank account number (closed when I was about 10) and know my entire 26-digit system generated wifi password. My mind is a steel trap for obscure info lol.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G08


Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 6916
Location: World Championsville
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
G08 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
SOCalBearsFan54 wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
HuskieBear wrote:
Quote:
Iglesias, meanwhile, spent 2013 in the Canadian Football League and signed to play with the Helsinki Wolverines of the American Football Association of Finland.


Laughing

I don't remember if it was Mark Bradley or Iglesias, but there was a story about during one training camp. (this is paraphrased) Cutler completed a pass to one of them and they celebrated and pumped their fists and yelled. Cutler ran over, grabbed them by the collar, and said "it's training camp and you've accomplished nothing; get your @$$ back to the huddle."


That sure sounds like something Cutler would say.

It was Iglesias and if I remember correctly he tried to one-handed catch a pass and Cutler was having none of it.


It was Iglesias doing a one-handed catch and Cutler ran over to him and screamed, "If you ever do that again I'll never throw you the ball, ever!"

Good God we're such losers for remembering this Laughing

I remember my first bank account number (closed when I was about 10) and know my entire 26-digit system generated wifi password. My mind is a steel trap for obscure info lol.


I remember the codes in Punch Out to fight Tyson and Macho Man Laughing
_________________
topwop1 wrote:
My point is you can find a franchise guy like [Derek] Carr in every draft


"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 18010
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Chicago Bears ‏@ChicagoBears 1m
LM: #Bears LB Khaseem Greene switches to No. 52 to honor paralyzed former Rutgers teammate Eric LeGrand. Link:


Real nice gesture. That LeGrand story is real sad.
_________________
👮


AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bkokot


Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Posts: 3148
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Quote:
Chicago Bears ‏@ChicagoBears 1m
LM: #Bears LB Khaseem Greene switches to No. 52 to honor paralyzed former Rutgers teammate Eric LeGrand. Link:


Real nice gesture. That LeGrand story is real sad.


It's a bit unusual that he used a pro LB number in college otherwise that wouldn't be possible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HuskieBear


Joined: 16 Feb 2009
Posts: 1813
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkokot wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Quote:
Chicago Bears ‏@ChicagoBears 1m
LM: #Bears LB Khaseem Greene switches to No. 52 to honor paralyzed former Rutgers teammate Eric LeGrand. Link:


Real nice gesture. That LeGrand story is real sad.


It's a bit unusual that he used a pro LB number in college otherwise that wouldn't be possible.


?

legrand was a center in college, and was #52, thats not uncommon at all...
_________________
Madmike90 wrote:
Hurting after today tho is Denzel Washington...5-10 1/2" is a concern...Chris Borland helps him but the 1st round is out of reach now if it wasn't already.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Moderator
Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 26828
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The New York Daily News reports FS Will Hill is likely "done" with the Giants after failing another drug test.

Hill is facing a lengthy suspension, one that could cost him six games or an entire calendar year. It'll be Hill's third suspension in as many seasons, though he does plan to appeal. Whether he wins that appeal or not isn't expected to matter in terms of saving his job with the Giants. The team is reportedly "livid" at Hill's continued drug issues. He was PFF's No. 2 overall safety in 2013.


Hill obviously has his issues…but if he is cut I would have no problem taking a chance on him over some of the other guys on our roster…even if we only had him for 10-12 games he would be a major upgrade on a small contract.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear...Adrian Amos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IronMike84


Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Posts: 8306
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:
The New York Daily News reports FS Will Hill is likely "done" with the Giants after failing another drug test.

Hill is facing a lengthy suspension, one that could cost him six games or an entire calendar year. It'll be Hill's third suspension in as many seasons, though he does plan to appeal. Whether he wins that appeal or not isn't expected to matter in terms of saving his job with the Giants. The team is reportedly "livid" at Hill's continued drug issues. He was PFF's No. 2 overall safety in 2013.


Hill obviously has his issues…but if he is cut I would have no problem taking a chance on him over some of the other guys on our roster…even if we only had him for 10-12 games he would be a major upgrade on a small contract.

I'd add Clinton-Dix as a possible target of the Giants at 12.
_________________
Rotoworld.com wrote:
...internet mock drafts, which have ridiculously become the measuring stick for where players are "supposed" to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roadrunner


Joined: 20 Mar 2013
Posts: 1157
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:
The New York Daily News reports FS Will Hill is likely "done" with the Giants after failing another drug test.

Hill is facing a lengthy suspension, one that could cost him six games or an entire calendar year. It'll be Hill's third suspension in as many seasons, though he does plan to appeal. Whether he wins that appeal or not isn't expected to matter in terms of saving his job with the Giants. The team is reportedly "livid" at Hill's continued drug issues. He was PFF's No. 2 overall safety in 2013.


Hill obviously has his issues…but if he is cut I would have no problem taking a chance on him over some of the other guys on our roster…even if we only had him for 10-12 games he would be a major upgrade on a small contract.

I'd add Clinton-Dix as a possible target of the Giants at 12.


I'd be happy/relieved if they made that pick. One more player falls....I have nothing against HCD, just not thrilled with idea of S at #14.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 7270
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:
The New York Daily News reports FS Will Hill is likely "done" with the Giants after failing another drug test.

Hill is facing a lengthy suspension, one that could cost him six games or an entire calendar year. It'll be Hill's third suspension in as many seasons, though he does plan to appeal. Whether he wins that appeal or not isn't expected to matter in terms of saving his job with the Giants. The team is reportedly "livid" at Hill's continued drug issues. He was PFF's No. 2 overall safety in 2013.


Hill obviously has his issues…but if he is cut I would have no problem taking a chance on him over some of the other guys on our roster…even if we only had him for 10-12 games he would be a major upgrade on a small contract.

I'd add Clinton-Dix as a possible target of the Giants at 12.
If this leads to Haha to the Giants and Donald falling to us then Im buying Hill his next bag.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roadrunner


Joined: 20 Mar 2013
Posts: 1157
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:
The New York Daily News reports FS Will Hill is likely "done" with the Giants after failing another drug test.

Hill is facing a lengthy suspension, one that could cost him six games or an entire calendar year. It'll be Hill's third suspension in as many seasons, though he does plan to appeal. Whether he wins that appeal or not isn't expected to matter in terms of saving his job with the Giants. The team is reportedly "livid" at Hill's continued drug issues. He was PFF's No. 2 overall safety in 2013.


Hill obviously has his issues…but if he is cut I would have no problem taking a chance on him over some of the other guys on our roster…even if we only had him for 10-12 games he would be a major upgrade on a small contract.

I'd add Clinton-Dix as a possible target of the Giants at 12.
If this leads to Haha to the Giants and Donald falling to us then Im buying Hill his next bag.


.....and I will buy him a CASE of White Owls. Wink Those are for amateurs...what a person with skills uses are the Swishers, forget Phillies. Can you tell I might have smoked a cigar or two in my day?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TytybearsFan21


Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Posts: 22173
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard the bears play the packers twice this year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chisoxguy7


Joined: 17 Dec 2007
Posts: 4051
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
I heard the bears play the packers twice this year

We get a bye week too
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 99 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group