Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Grimes Done for Year
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FalconsMVP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Grimes Done for Year Reply with quote

Just said in press conference Sad

Quote:
Jay Adams ‏@FalconsJAdams

Brent Grimes' season is over. Will be placed on IR with Achilles injury. Will have more on it as it comes.
Retweeted by Atlanta_Falcons

Adopt A Falcon:

Desmond Trufant (2 tackles, 1 PD)
adam9

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awful news. We need to sign a vet.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was thinking the same thing. Anyone know whos out there?? Even trade maybe. Definetly draft high next year I think.

Sucks for Grimes, wont get the massive deal he was hoping for now!

Adopt A Falcon:

Desmond Trufant (2 tackles, 1 PD)
devils1854

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karma is a [inappropriate/removed]

#JDI
tech2186

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconsMVP wrote:
Was thinking the same thing. Anyone know whos out there?? Even trade maybe. Definetly draft high next year I think.

Def a 2nd round or higher need. DE is still a 1st round need IMO. I wonder who is out there for the taking? What draft pick would the team be willing to give up in a trade. I'd have to think that whomever they would look at couldnt be worth more than a 5th rounder just because teams aren't eager to let go of top flight CB's.

This sucks especially because our pass rush is horrible. Dunta and Asante have double work now. Chris Owens in the slot? Help us all!

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
adam9

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next year I say we draft a RB, CB, and DT in the first 3 rounds now. We need some help this year though...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I unfortunately, get to see of how good and how underrated of a CB Grimes is, two times a season.

Tough loss, hope he can bounce back next season.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HUGE blow to our defense. Grimes along with Dunta and Asante were the strong points of our defense and we built around our corners. It was part of the reason we only kept 5 linebackers.

We really need some help at the position now. Good thing we signed Franks but I doubt he or Owens (who is battling injuries also) will be able to fill the void Grimes is leaving now.

While this is a big blow Im happy its happening earlier in the year rather than later. We have time to adjust and make changes before we go into the playoffs. We didnt have that luxury last year when Brent got hurt.

Next year's draft will be a crucial one. This injury leaves a hole at CB. Turner is beginning to fade fast making RB a need. Tony G is retiring and we need to begin looking for a TE. DE/DT has been a major need the past 2 drafts. And we really need major help on the oline; they played well against KC but I dont trust them against a healthy top defense. Im praying Dimitroff still has some tricks in his bag this year.
SpicyMcHaggis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our top pick next year, DB.

what a loss...................
terrell123

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kja92 wrote:
HUGE blow to our defense. Grimes along with Dunta and Asante were the strong points of our defense and we built around our corners. It was part of the reason we only kept 5 linebackers.

We really need some help at the position now. Good thing we signed Franks but I doubt he or Owens (who is battling injuries also) will be able to fill the void Grimes is leaving now.

While this is a big blow Im happy its happening earlier in the year rather than later. We have time to adjust and make changes before we go into the playoffs. We didnt have that luxury last year when Brent got hurt.

Next year's draft will be a crucial one. This injury leaves a hole at CB. Turner is beginning to fade fast making RB a need. Tony G is retiring and we need to begin looking for a TE. DE/DT has been a major need the past 2 drafts. And we really need major help on the oline; they played well against KC but I dont trust them against a healthy top defense. Im praying Dimitroff still has some tricks in his bag this year.
Um Really? They didnt look like that great to me yesterday. Owens sux in the nickel, but he's a lot better at left and right corner than most of you give him credit for. Its a big loss, but not one that will make or break the season. If we cant get pressure on the qb, it doesnt matter who's at cb. OLINE IS STILL MY BIGGEST CONCERN.
Hotlanta12

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sucks. If we didn't give him a long term deal we're definitely not going to next year. I feel as though this was his last snap as a Falcon.
SpicyMcHaggis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Mike Jenkins from Dallas is on the block... anyone else?
terrell123

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
FalconsMVP wrote:

Def a 2nd round or higher need. DE is still a 1st round need IMO. I wonder who is out there for the taking? What draft pick would the team be willing to give up in a trade. I'd have to think that whomever they would look at couldnt be worth more than a 5th rounder just because teams aren't eager to let go of top flight CB's.

This sucks especially because our pass rush is horrible. Dunta and Asante have double work now. Chris Owens in the slot? Help us all!
Should be Owens on the outside, and Dunta in the slot. Btw, I dont trust TD when it comes to drafting cb's or o-lineman whatsoever. Owens is the best cb he's ever drafted in 5 years. And not 1 olineman he's drafted is worth a damn. Ryan, Weatherspoon, Lofton, Julio, William Moore. Thats about it, when it comes to TD and good draft picks. And NONE of them are olineman or cb's. Chevis, Owens, Franks, etc.......... Thank God that Grimes was already here when TD arrived.

Last edited by terrell123 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This injury really hurts us, and I am almost positive Grimey's Falcon years are over. Unless he takes a dramatic paycut, I can't see him staying with us.

Some notable FA:

Chris Johnson
Kelly Jennings
Lito Sheppard
Rod Hood
Justin Tyron
Bryant McFadden
William Blackmon

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
tech2186

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
kja92 wrote:

Um Really? They didnt look like that great to me yesterday. Owens sux in the nickel, but he's a lot better at left and right corner than most of you give him credit for. Its a big loss, but not one that will make or break the season. If we cant get pressure on the qb, it doesnt matter who's at cb. OLINE IS STILL MY BIGGEST CONCERN.

I agree for the most part that this doesnt destroy the season. We still have Asante and Dunta who are a bit above average CB's. Owens sucks but he is serviciable. I think we will be able to find a band-aid guy like Kelvin Hayden again. Dline and Oline are the biggest concerns tho. Yes, the Oline looked good but the Chiefs were missing their best pass rusher and the CHiefs were also missing starters in the secondary.

For those who think a DE is not a priority in 1st round of the the draft, I think you need to look at that KC game again. DE and CB are positions of need. RB is a low round area.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: