Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Grimes Done for Year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
FalconsMVP wrote:
Was thinking the same thing. Anyone know whos out there?? Even trade maybe. Definetly draft high next year I think.

Sucks for Grimes, wont get the massive deal he was hoping for now!

Def a 2nd round or higher need. DE is still a 1st round need IMO. I wonder who is out there for the taking? What draft pick would the team be willing to give up in a trade. I'd have to think that whomever they would look at couldnt be worth more than a 5th rounder just because teams aren't eager to let go of top flight CB's.

This sucks especially because our pass rush is horrible. Dunta and Asante have double work now. Chris Owens in the slot? Help us all!
Should be Owens on the outside, and Dunta in the slot. Btw, I dont trust TD when it comes to drafting cb's or o-lineman whatsoever. Owens is the best cb he's ever drafted in 5 years. And not 1 olineman he's drafted is worth a damn. Ryan, Weatherspoon, Lofton, Julio. Thats about it, when it comes to TD and good draft picks. And NONE of them are olineman or cb's. Chevis, Owens, Franks, etc.......... Thank God that Grimes was already here when TD arrived.

Every corner and o-linemen (except Baker) that TD has drafted was a late rounder. I understand Chevis/Owens/Johnson were 3rd rounders, but not many 3rd rounders become starters.

You shouldn't expect TD to hit on every pick and find a gem in every round.

He picked good depth in Reynolds and Hawley. Hawley is a fringe starter, and Reynolds is a stop gap starter. Not too shabby in the 4th/5th.

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Peters comes back stronger than ever to help nullify this loss. Sucks, but we gotta move on. We still have a chance at that ring.

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
Lentz33

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This makes trading for Asante an even bigger move. I think we need to go for a vet CB and keep our 1st round pick for a DE.

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
Karma is a [inappropriate/removed]

Wow... No class what so ever, huh?
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is good news for your opponents in the next 15+ games. It's horrible news for you guys. Hopefully he comes back 100%. I hate to see injuries like that, even for a division foe.

What kind of depth do you guys have? Last I knew you had Samuel and Robinson. Anybody else noteworthy?

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 12 Games | 133 Tackles (16 for loss) | 1 Sack | 4 PDs | 3 FFs | 1 FR
GrimeyKid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
This is good news for your opponents in the next 15+ games. It's horrible news for you guys. Hopefully he comes back 100%. I hate to see injuries like that, even for a division foe.

What kind of depth do you guys have? Last I knew you had Samuel and Robinson. Anybody else noteworthy?

None after those 2 are up to par, i see us adding a vet in the mix

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:

Not really.nwe'll just have to see how Owens and franks do. They're still young so it's not like they can't improve. Theyre already at least servicable
Olympia Martin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man does this one sting. Its like a bee sting that just keeps marinating and doesn't go away. I was really surprised to hear of this injury since it was originally thought to be a calf. Huge blow to our pass defense. Someone is going to have to step up. Maybe Franks will have a chip on his shoulder.
Patro14

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olympia Martin wrote:
Man does this one sting. Its like a bee sting that just keeps marinating and doesn't go away. I was really surprised to hear of this injury since it was originally thought to be a calf. Huge blow to our pass defense. Someone is going to have to step up. Maybe Franks will have a chip on his shoulder.
I think it will be Owens who will replace Grimes, keeping Dunta in the inside. I didn't get a good view on what happened after Grimes left the game but I'm pretty sure that's what happened.
Willthethrill_H

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To everyone acting like Grimes is done as a falcon, he is obviously a very smart man, and if the organization still wants him come time for negotions, then he would be stupid to leave, no matter the pay. Now on the other hand, is his franchise tag guaranteed? If it would be worth it, I can easily see them cutting him and signing a vet this year and then sign a big free agent next year.

Either way, I'm scared for our secondary. Our safeties are playing at a pro bowl level but I haven't been impressed by Samuel or Robinson and our corners after that may as well be in college.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willthethrill_H wrote:
To everyone acting like Grimes is done as a falcon, he is obviously a very smart man, and if the organization still wants him come time for negotions, then he would be stupid to leave, no matter the pay. Now on the other hand, is his franchise tag guaranteed? If it would be worth it, I can easily see them cutting him and signing a vet this year and then sign a big free agent next year.

Either way, I'm scared for our secondary. Our safeties are playing at a pro bowl level but I haven't been impressed by Samuel or Robinson and our corners after that may as well be in college.

The tender is all guaranteed to Grimes. There is no way the Falcons can get anything back from it if we cut him or not. We are still at around $1 million is left over cap space. The only way we could sign someone else is if we restructure some contracts.
coors

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is absolutely terrible for us. outside of losing Matt Ryan or like a Abe for the year, losing Grimes could be one of the worst things that could happen..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I caught the play he got hurt. They threw it to Bowe and Grimes tackled him, and got up limping. Not sure but he might have tried to stay in, but I think he came to the sideline immediately.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Owens and Franks can finally step up. I mean this is their last chance at some kind of redemption. I still think our pass rush improving is the key though. If we can pressure Manning we will be fine on the back end.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
chipperboy1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get back from Ireland to see THIS?!?!?!?!?!?!

WTF???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: