Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

4evera9er's SF 49ers 1-3 Round Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4evera9er

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: 4evera9er's SF 49ers 1-3 Round Mock Draft Reply with quote

Just how I'd like to see the first part of the draft unfold.

1-31) Jessie Williams - DT - Alabama
2-2) Zach Ertz - TE - Stanford
2-29) DJ Swearinger - S/CB - South Carolina
3-12) Trade for 2014 2nd
3-31) Marcus Lattimore - HB - I forget but we all know him

I'd be down with moving up for Swearing too, as I think it might be a stretch to still have him there at 2-29
Forge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 4evera9er's SF 49ers 1-3 Round Mock Draft Reply with quote

4evera9er wrote:

3-12) Trade for 2014 2nd

I'd be down with moving up for Swearing too, as I think it might be a stretch to still have him there at 2-29

My own personal preference would not like the first two picks. I still don't get the love for Williams; sure his measurables are great, but he had limited production at Alabama, and nothing I saw in him suggests he can get to the quarterback or transition between the middle and end at the nfl level. His lack of production and inability to get to the quarterback really worry me though. I know his position at Alabama wasn't one that is supposed to generate flashy statistics, but still, it's a concern. I don't know if he has the lower body strength to really push up the line if he's in the middle. Obvsiously, there's potential there based on his measurables and agility and the versatility the experts say he has, but I just don't see it. I think he's a one to two down player in our scheme and I think this draft class is far too deep in players at that position to waste our first on him. I'd much rather go with Jones or Carradine if either is available there as they are much more natural on the ends and have the ability to get to the qb.

I've made my stance on Ertz pretty clear on the board. I think picking him here (or any tight end, though i think this is early for Ertz a little) lacks value for us more so than most teams. He is not a very good blocker, and I don't think he's a "stud" tight end. I think he's a security blanket that someone like Alex Smith would have taken advantage of, but someone like Kaep may not value as much. I just don't see much of a difference between what we'd get from Ertz at the top of 2 that we wouldn't get from someone like Vance MacDonald or Travis Kelce in round 3.

The rest of it I'm very good with; although I'm hoping that Lattimore will slip to round 4 or 5.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
AndyLeesAunt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 4evera9er's SF 49ers 1-3 Round Mock Draft Reply with quote

[quote="Forge"]
4evera9er wrote:

3-12) Trade for 2014 2nd

My own personal preference would not like the first two picks. I still don't get the love for Williams; sure his measurables are great, but he had limited production at Alabama, and nothing I saw in him suggests he can get to the quarterback or transition between the middle and end at the nfl level. His lack of production and inability to get to the quarterback really worry me though. I know his position at Alabama wasn't one that is supposed to generate flashy statistics, but still, it's a concern. I don't know if he has the lower body strength to really push up the line if he's in the middle. Obvsiously, there's potential there based on his measurables and agility and the versatility the experts say he has, but I just don't see it. I think he's a one to two down player in our scheme and I think this draft class is far too deep in players at that position to waste our first on him. I'd much rather go with Jones or Carradine if either is available there as they are much more natural on the ends and have the ability to get to the qb.

I'd have to agree with ^^ about Williams... Would we want to spend a 1st round pick on someone who is not even going to play every down?

Just food for thought
4evera9er

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, I reckon Williams would flourish under Harbaugh as his attitude and determination are through the roof. Plus my thinking is that with the line we have now we can gradually develop him into a 3 down kind of guy.

He's mean and nasty and has played all over the line. I just reckon we could get a lot of production out of him.

And my logic sort of applies the same with Ertz. These are two players that I might have skipped on were I a supporter of a different team or if we still had a previous coaching staff.

I just reckon a total mauler and a Stanford kid would be good fits for us who can become so much more than what they already are. And to be completely honest, I really want a solid back up in case Vernon goes down (fingers crossed he doesn't).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: