Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bucs CB Ronde Barber named defensive player of the week
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RB4TampaBay

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
I get that this was Barber's 200 start but it wasn't close to been his 200th game, he actually played 226 career games overall.

Actually, it was his 200th CONSECUTIVE start, and that is really tough to do.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
Pretty crazy how he's been practicing at safety all TC and pre-season and right before the game gets the start at CB and gets defensive player of the week

I hope he's not on PED's or something, because he's playing like it Smile

I was under the impression that since this would be his 200th career start at CB that Schiano promised to start him at CB in the nickle package for the first play of the game so that he would get that accolade. No?

Yup, he got start at CB just to earn the accolade and then he shifted back to safety for the rest of the game.

oh ok
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man Ronde makes me a proud bucs fan. True professional in every aspect of the game and off the field...

The tough decision to me is gonna be do I want to go to Canton for Brooks or Barbers HOF inductee...

anyone else thinking about doing that BTW? Brooks is I think 2 years away now...He IMO is a first ballot

Thinking about it, Ronde will get dogged for a couple years, like he has his entire career....

so it's settled, ill go to both...see you all there LOL

but man am I excited to see Ronde play the rest of the year, he looks the same as he's been for the last 10 years. He now has even more freedom, how many picks you think he end up with? Ill go with 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: