Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DeSean Jackson donates to the Wounded Warrior Project
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: DeSean Jackson donates to the Wounded Warrior Project Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
Desean Jackson actually came out to my base in DE and talked to us. I gave him a tour of the plane and got to talk to him for a while. It was a good time. Really down to earth.

That is awesome! Thanks for sharing that with us Blagasse67.

thesickness89 wrote:
the company I work for raised like 20,000 dollars for this, nice gesture by Jackson.

Nice!

Sephyre_Aus wrote:
Given its accepted practice to post about players off the field negatives, it would be great to read more about the charity work NFL guys do.

It wouldn't cause a detriment to the other coverage, and the more NFL news the better.

+1
Gmen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A $50,000 donation gets you a thread? Players regularly donate upwards of a million dollars, and we here little more than a peep about it.

Eli raised and donated 2.9 million dollars for a children's hospital last summer. Where was his thread?

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
A $50,000 donation gets you a thread? Players regularly donate upwards of a million dollars, and we here little more than a peep about it.

Eli raised and donated 2.9 million dollars for a children's hospital last summer. Where was his thread?

You could have started one. Rolling Eyes
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:

Probably not posted for the same reasons you didn't post them.

Plus, the Giants made Eli the highest paid NFL player in 2009... so it's not like it's a big surprise he has a ton of money to donate.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:

Start one so you can feel better.

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: DeSean Jackson donates to the Wounded Warrior Project Reply with quote

Integrity wrote:
I know its not exactly football related news

It's not. Great story, can go in NFL Gen.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
c0insnap

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprised. DeSean isn't a bad dude, but he gets a bad rap because he likes to dance and because he felt he deserved to be paid.

Beast
jetsmarine26

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant to post this when I saw it come out yesterday, forgot cause work came up.

Being a Wounded Warrior Project Alumni, I was extremely moved by this. Many players donate to charity, but the fact it helps me hits close to home. WWP has been cutting edge in helping veterans transition to life and cope with the issues that war presents. They organize many events free of charge to Alumni that they otherwise would not have dreamed of. They aid in research of PTSD and offer referrals, as well as assisting the vet with paying for things such as prosthetics.

I just wanted to say thank you to Desean for not only being so kind, but also putting WWP more public and hopefully helping to expand the program to reach out and help more of those who have had so much taken from them.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to step up DeSean. Never been a fan of your play/style on the field, but that doesn't mean I can't respect you for stepping up off the field.
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smh at the people belittling this thread. This is a great thing that DeSean did and I wish there were more of these threads on here. Especially for players who are viewed negatively by the general public due to their on field persona. A few very charitable players that come to mind who seem to get a bad rep are Ndamukong Suh, Cortland Finnegan and Philip Rivers.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sucks that ESPN and other social media outlets don't choose to publish this stuff, but instead focus on negative things.

Good for him!

BlaqOptic wrote:
Salty about Dennis Pitta? Please... Dude is average as average goes...
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good PR move for Desean right here

PSN: ShiiNyIV
Gmen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
smh at the people belittling this thread. This is a great thing that DeSean did and I wish there were more of these threads on here. Especially for players who are viewed negatively by the general public due to their on field persona. A few very charitable players that come to mind who seem to get a bad rep are Ndamukong Suh, Cortland Finnegan and Philip Rivers.

I just don't understand why there is a thread singling out Jackson and patting him on the back when there are other players around the league donating 60 times more. It's not like Jackson is some sort of Saint. He's probably amassed 50K in fines for stupid behavior on the field.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
cp0k2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sephyre_Aus wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
This should probably be in NFL Gen or the Eagles forum.

Disagree.

Given its accepted practice to post about players off the field negatives, it would be great to read more about the charity work NFL guys do.

It wouldn't cause a detriment to the other coverage, and the more NFL news the better.

I wasn't aware of the Nadin Khoury story, really classy what DeSean, Jackson and Heremans did for him.

"Negative" stories qualify as news because they can effect the player(s) standing with their team(s) and the league. They can lead to suspensions, benchings, fines, and ultimately termination of their job which affects their team, the league, and the game. As Webby often has to say in threads within the news forum, "discuss football," "stick to football," "what impact does this have on football;" this story, while positive and uplifting, doesn't have any effect on football.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow maybe D-Jax has grown up...

Good for you Desean. Great foundation too! Had tons of my fellow buddies get injured and spend time in wounded warriors.

I get the Wounded Warrior line from Under Armour when I can....

Good to hear!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: