Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My QB Tiers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fired-Up

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: My QB Tiers Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Fired-Up wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Fired-Up wrote:
In comparison to Brady and Rodgers a 90 RTG is bad. That's why Brees is in a tier lower than Brady and Rodgers. Basically they are better QB's.
Well if were going to go by RTG.

Brady has a QB Rating above 100.0 - 4 times.
Brees has a QB Rating above 100.0 - 3 times.

Case in point Brees is an all world QB and deserves to be in the same class as Aaron Rodgers who has a much smaller sample size of stats comapred to Brees.

We get it, you LOVE Aaron Rodgers, but Peyton Manning and Drew Brees are in the same category as him, and are frankly IMO just as good, if not better than him.

Tom Brady will NEVER throw 22 picks. I can't even believe you would say Brees is better than Brady. Tom Brady has 2 MVP's. Brady had a 50/8 season. Brady constantly wins games. Brees doesn't have a great QB record. This is mind boggling to me. Brees is not as good as Brady. He's just not.

Please re-read the bolded part, at no point did I say they would are better than Brady, I said they are just as good or better than Aaron Rodgers.

Brick wall Rodgers has an MVP. Rodgers is the active leader in Y/A, TD%, INT%, RTG, etc. He has the stronger arm, better downfield accuracy, better mobility, better at just about everything. Rodgers had a 45/6 season with a 9.2 Y/A. I can't believe you would say Brees is better than Rodgers.
Fired-Up

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: My QB Tiers Reply with quote

Archimedes wrote:
Fired-Up wrote:
Brees has INT concerns. He thew 22 in 2010. He has consistency concerns considering 2010 was just simply not a good year for him. Brees hasn't won an MVP. That's basically a media admission that you are the best player in the NFL. Tier 1 is "the best player in the league" type of tier.

From 2009 to 2011, Brees has an over 100 qb rating, just like Brady and Rogers, he's thrown over 100 tds just like both, he's completed over 65% of his passes, just like both, won at least 35 regular season games, just like both, and thrown for over 14,000 yds, which neither have done. Oh by the way, he defeated one of the five greatest qbs all time head to head in a superbowl. I think all that offsets the few more picks and it damn sure qualifies him as consistent.

Picks lose games. Period. Brees simply cannot keep the ball out of the other teams hands. That's a deal breaker. His Y/A is too low as well.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: My QB Tiers Reply with quote

Fired-Up wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Fired-Up wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Fired-Up wrote:
In comparison to Brady and Rodgers a 90 RTG is bad. That's why Brees is in a tier lower than Brady and Rodgers. Basically they are better QB's.
Well if were going to go by RTG.

Brady has a QB Rating above 100.0 - 4 times.
Brees has a QB Rating above 100.0 - 3 times.

Case in point Brees is an all world QB and deserves to be in the same class as Aaron Rodgers who has a much smaller sample size of stats comapred to Brees.

We get it, you LOVE Aaron Rodgers, but Peyton Manning and Drew Brees are in the same category as him, and are frankly IMO just as good, if not better than him.

Tom Brady will NEVER throw 22 picks. I can't even believe you would say Brees is better than Brady. Tom Brady has 2 MVP's. Brady had a 50/8 season. Brady constantly wins games. Brees doesn't have a great QB record. This is mind boggling to me. Brees is not as good as Brady. He's just not.

Please re-read the bolded part, at no point did I say they would are better than Brady, I said they are just as good or better than Aaron Rodgers.

Brick wall Rodgers has an MVP. Rodgers is the active leader in Y/A, TD%, INT%, RTG, etc. He has the stronger arm, better downfield accuracy, better mobility, better at just about everything. Rodgers had a 45/6 season with a 9.2 Y/A. I can't believe you would say Brees is better than Rodgers.
I also said Peyton is better to. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that too. You are getting too caught up over stats, Brees beat Peyton Manning (argubaly a top 5 QB of all time) in a super bowl. I also said that Brees is just as good, if not better than ARod. Again, it doesnt matter who has better mobility or a better arm, if that was the case then Mike Vick would be the best QB in the NFL, and JaMarcus Russell would still be slinging TDs in OAK.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: My QB Tiers Reply with quote

Fired-Up wrote:
Picks lose games. Period. Brees simply cannot keep the ball out of the other teams hands. That's a deal breaker. His Y/A is too low as well.

Picks lose games, but 300 yd/3 td/70% passing wins games, i.e. Brees.

And Y/A too low??? He was 8.3 last year!
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: My QB Tiers Reply with quote

Archimedes wrote:
Fired-Up wrote:

I gotta ask, why does Y/A matter? If each player throws for 3,900 yards but player A throws the ball 50 times less than player B, they still threw 3,900 yards so why does that make a difference? ... Yards per CARRY for a RB is a big deal, but I dont think yards per ATTEMPT for a QB carries too much weight.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: My QB Tiers Reply with quote

Archimedes wrote:
Fired-Up wrote:

Brees throws too many picks. Turnovers are the #1 stat in football. No disputing that. Brees is not on the level of Brady and Rodgers.
Fired-Up

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: My QB Tiers Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Archimedes wrote:
Fired-Up wrote:

I gotta ask, why does Y/A matter? If each player throws for 3,900 yards but player A throws the ball 50 times less than player B, they still threw 3,900 yards so why does that make a difference? ... Yards per CARRY for a RB is a big deal, but I dont think yards per ATTEMPT for a QB carries too much weight.

They do. Typically the QB with the higher Y/A wins the game more often than the one with the lower Y/A. Brees stats simply cannot compare to Rodgers.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: My QB Tiers Reply with quote

Fired-Up wrote:
Archimedes wrote:
Fired-Up wrote:

Brees throws too many picks. Turnovers are the #1 stat in football. No disputing that. Brees is not on the level of Brady and Rodgers.

So thats all you got? Brees throws too many picks? Hmm well good on ya.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: My QB Tiers Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Archimedes wrote:
Fired-Up wrote:

Well, I disagree with that. Y/A actually gives you a better idea of efficiency than comp%.
Fired-Up

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: My QB Tiers Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Fired-Up wrote:
Archimedes wrote:
Fired-Up wrote:

So thats all you got? Brees throws too many picks? Hmm well good on ya.

Picks and Y/A. But really the fact that Brees throws too many picks is the killing blow. He's not in the same tier as Brady and Rodgers largely because of the picks. It's a killing blow. Checkmate, really.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: My QB Tiers Reply with quote

Fired-Up wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Archimedes wrote:
Fired-Up wrote:

They do. Typically the QB with the higher Y/A wins the game more often than the one with the lower Y/A. Brees stats simply cannot compare to Rodgers.

So what stats arent the whole thing ... Brees has a Super Bowl ring, so does Rodgers. Yes Rodgers has an MVP award, but Brees won AP Off Player of the year that same year. Stats arent everything, but it seems like they are for you, so go on keep reading WAYY to much into the stats.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: My QB Tiers Reply with quote

Fired-Up wrote:

Just as good as those two? I would say not quite... But good enough to be on the same level? YES! EASILY!
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: My QB Tiers Reply with quote

Archimedes wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Archimedes wrote:
Fired-Up wrote:

Well, I disagree with that. Y/A actually gives you a better idea of efficiency than comp%.

Well I never really thought of it that way.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: My QB Tiers Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Archimedes wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Archimedes wrote:
Fired-Up wrote:

Well I never really thought of it that way.

Make no mistake, I'm not saying numbers are everything, cause they're not. But if two qbs attempt 30 passes, the one with the higher Y/A will ALWAYS have more yds, whereas that's not necessarily true with comp%. But I still agree with you that Brees is in their class.
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much to say other than Lol regarding the tier Gabbert is in.

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13

Jump to: