Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top 10 Offenses in the NFL
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
streetlight3989

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Top 10 Offenses in the NFL Reply with quote

We've had 5 weeks of football so far and teams are starting to define themselves. So I bring up the question who are the top 10 offenses in the NFL to this point and going forward? I'll post my list below and you guys post and debate your own lists.

1. New England Patriots
2. Atlanta Falcons
3. New York Giants
4. Houston Texans
5. Green Bay Packers
6. New Orleans Saints
7. Pittsburgh Steelers
8. Detroit Lions
9. San Diego Chargers
10. Baltimore Ravens

Honorable Mentions: Dallas Cowboys, San Francisco 49er's, Denver Broncos
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hesitate to put the Lions in the top 10. Sure they may have a lot of yards, but they havent shown to have an efficient run game, or pass game. From the times I have seen Stafford, he just looks out of sync.
streetlight3989

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely see where you're coming from. I agree with you for the most part. Stafford has looked out of sync this year and their run game is iffy. I think Matt Stafford will get it together and start playing like the top 10 quarterback he's shown us he's capable of playing like. That in combination with Calvin Johnson and their talented receiving corp made it hard for me to keep them out of the top 10.

I can see why you're skeptical though. It honestly comes down to how Matt Stafford plays from here on out. I think he'll start playing well which is why they're in my top 10. If I did take them out of the top 10 I'd slide everybody up a spot and plug the Niners in at 10.
HighMotorGuy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Stafford = Jeff George

The only thing the Lions are good at is padding their yardage stats in garbage time.
streetlight3989

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was too young to remember Jeff George when he was playing, but from what I remember he was a pretty average QB. Maybe Stafford now is what Jeff George was in his prime, but he's young and he has a lot of time to develop into a very good passer. He's already shown he has the talent with what he did last year.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some QBs can get by with very little support from the run game over the long-term. I dont believe that Stafford is one of those QBs. He is simply asked to throw the ball too much at this point in his career. The Lions failure to address the ground game has really hindered them this year. And I dont think LeShoure i the answer and I dont think he will ever be a 4.0+ yd/carry type back.
streetlight3989

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I honestly think Calvin Johnson is good enough to trump some of those weaknesses though. A running game would help Stafford's development and take a lot of pressure off of him, and I agree LeShoure is not the long term answer, but I think he'll be a serviceable stop gap.

I probably did rate the Lions a little too high, and I was skeptical putting them there, but I think they'll produce at the level of a top 12 or so offense this year.
o_0

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 Rush offense in the NFL
#3 Scoring offense in the NFL

I would definitely put the Niners in the top ten. Probably somewhere just outside the top 5.

✰★✰ In Harbaugh We Trust ✰★✰
BP wrote:
One late season surge and postseason run doesn't make Kaep a better QB than Carson Palmer
yupyup

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o_0 wrote:

I would definitely put the Niners in the top ten. Probably somewhere just outside the top 5.

All you have to do is get a quick lead on SF and the offense falls apart. Not exactly top 10 worthy.

Aaron Rodgers becomes a top 10 QB again [X]
USC looks like a top 15 team []
Todd Gurley becomes a household name []
streetlight3989

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Niners between 7 and 11. I could see an argument for them as high as 7, I just like the QB's of the teams I ranked ahead of them better. Alex Smith has been great this year though, but I'd like to see them sustain this level of success a little longer, especially after struggling on offense last year in certain situations.
o_0

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yupyup wrote:
o_0 wrote:

All you have to do is get a quick lead on SF and the offense falls apart. Not exactly top 10 worthy.

Based on what exactly? Rolling Eyes

✰★✰ In Harbaugh We Trust ✰★✰
BP wrote:
One late season surge and postseason run doesn't make Kaep a better QB than Carson Palmer
yupyup

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o_0 wrote:
yupyup wrote:
o_0 wrote:

Week 3?

Aaron Rodgers becomes a top 10 QB again [X]
USC looks like a top 15 team []
Todd Gurley becomes a household name []
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt put the Steelers in the top 10. If we can run like we did this past week and Ben can keep playing at a really high level..sure. But we couldnt run on anything prior to the game vs the Eagels. Some say it was Mendy's return, but I still want to see how this looks going forward in the run game.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
DetroitSpirit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighMotorGuy wrote:
Matt Stafford = Jeff George

The only thing the Lions are good at is padding their yardage stats in garbage time.

I don't even know what you're talking about.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o_0 wrote:
yupyup wrote:
o_0 wrote:

I wont go as far as to say what he did, but he isnt far off.

The 49ers are not a team who going to win shootouts or play catchup usually. The Bills defense is just laughably bad which padded their stats a bit and made their offense look uncannily good.

The 49ers are built like the Steelers of the early-mid 2000s were. Great defense, great running game that controlled the tempo on offense, and a QB that can make plays but is rather limited.

Steelers were built to play with a lead, not to play catch up. 49ers are the same way. Thats not to say they CANT...but they arent built that way.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: