Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Can the Vikings win 10 games?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fired-Up

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Can the Vikings win 10 games? Reply with quote

This is a team nobody is talking about. It's not really surprising considering their record last year, but I see potential for a 10 win season. Call me crazy.

Look at their schedule. Jags(win), Colts, Rams, Seahawks, Bucs, Cards, Titans, Redskins, Lions twice. There are a LOT of bad QB's in there. Jared Allen will not treat them nicely.

Against the Jaguars they barely beat a bad team, but a win is a win. Christian Ponder isn't going to blow anyone out and I don't think the Vikings have intentions of even trying to blow anyone out.

For the first time since 2008 I saw the Vikings open up holes consistently for the RB's. They did it against quite a formiddable Jags front 7. The Vikings look like they can get consistent 5 yard gains instead of relying on the 40 yarder all the time. It's not like their line was blowing the Bills off the ball. The Jags are a stout run defense.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the Vikings beating the Packers, Bears or Lions, which means they'd have to win the rest of their games to finish with 10 wins. I don't think it'll happen.

Team Stylish
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
1,628 yards, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 82.0 Passer Rating
maladeen3917

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol wut? they are not gonna just walk through some of those teams. They barely won against a bad team last week. Also you just put Det in that category and said in the same breath "bad qb", ok. Minnesota will have a hard time winning one division game in my mind especially when each team in the division besides them is strong. They could easily lose to Seattle, the Skins, and Bucs three teams that are essentially on the upswing. I don't think 10 games will be hit.
Fired-Up

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
I don't see the Vikings beating the Packers, Bears or Lions, which means they'd have to win the rest of their games to finish with 10 wins. I don't think it'll happen.

The Packers almost lost the Vikings last year. I could easily see the Vikings waiting for Stafford to throw a few picks then ground and pound for a win.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not in that division.

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fired-Up wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:

The Packers almost lost the Vikings last year. I could easily see the Vikings waiting for Stafford to throw a few picks then ground and pound for a win.

Just... no.

Team Stylish
Cali2Wisco

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
No.
Ataal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking at the schedule and I'm just not seeing 10 wins. Could you give a breakdown? Which games are the 10 wins?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one of these threads? ugh ...

Well No. I dont see Minny winning 10 games.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maladeen3917 wrote:
lol wut? they are not gonna just walk through some of those teams. They barely won against a bad team last week. Also you just put Det in that category and said in the same breath "bad qb", ok. Minnesota will have a hard time winning one division game in my mind especially when each team in the division besides them is strong. They could easily lose to Seattle, the Skins, and Bucs three teams that are essentially on the upswing. I don't think 10 games will be hit.

The Vikes played two very close games with the Lions last year, I think they will win one this year. The Lions arent really that great of a team and living off a lot of hype from last year. The Packers and Bears will be tough, for sure.

Sure the Vikes wont walk over a lot of teams, but I see 7-8 wins as very possible. Yes they beat the Jags, but why is it assumed the Jags are a bad team. What if the Jags win 8-10 games themselves.

For a lot of rebuilding teams, you cant continue to live in the past and assume that the Vikes will be basically play as they did in 2011. Same for the Jags for that matter. Its too early to see where everyone stacks up, and we should get a more clear picture in the coming weeks, but this entire argument that they beat a horrible Jaguars team is nonsense if your basing them being horrible on 2011.

At this point, all we can really do is sit back and watch. I expect the Vikes to win against the Colts on Sunday. I guess the true test will be week 3 when the 49ers come to the Metrodome. If the Vikes can compete with the 49ers and keep it close, the Vikes very well could be a good team this year. If the 49ers walk over the Vikes with ease, they probably are no better than a 6-8 win team.

I think the biggest hindrance will be Ponder. Not that I dont have hope for him, I just expect a bit of a roller coaster season for him.

10 games likely wont happen for MN, but 7-8 is very reasonable.

Last edited by vikingsrule on Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fired-Up

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
I'm looking at the schedule and I'm just not seeing 10 wins. Could you give a breakdown? Which games are the 10 wins?

Wins- Jags, Colts, Rams, Seahawks, Cards, Titans, Redskins, Lions (once), Packers (Once)

I'm predicting that the defense steps up. Look at all those bad QBs. The Packers struggle against the run. I see them losing against the Vikings week 17. They barely beat the Vikings last year during 1 game. Look for AP to go nuts again, but this time finish the job.

I see a 10-6 season for the Vikings.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Can the Vikings win 10 games? Reply with quote

Fired-Up wrote:
This is a team nobody is talking about. It's not really surprising considering their record last year, but I see potential for a 10 win season. Call me crazy.

yes, you're crazy.

highly unlikely the Vikings can win 10 games this year. they have improved, yes, and show some promise, but are also very thin and untested in several squad categories.

it's a learning year for the Vikes, basically. not a 10 win year.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Fired-Up

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every year there is a shock team. This year I think it is the Vikings. This is the NFL. Somebody shocks the league every year.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Can the Vikings win 10 games? Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Fired-Up wrote:

yes, you're crazy.

highly unlikely the Vikings can win 10 games this year. they have improved, yes, and show some promise, but are also very thin and untested in several squad categories.

it's a learning year for the Vikes, basically. not a 10 win year.

I can see 6. That's about it. 10 wins? C'mon man Laughing Do you have all the NFCN teams winning 10+ games?

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

PSN: ShiiNyIV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 1 of 31

Jump to: