Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New 2 Round Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baconrad3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: New 2 Round Mock Reply with quote

1. Cleveland Browns: Matt Barkley QB USC

2. Arizona Cardinals*: Geno Smith QB West Virginia

3. Indianapolis Colts: Sam Montgomery DE/OLB LSU

4. Jacksonville Jaguars: Barkevious Mingo DE/OLB LSU

5. St. Louis Rams: Robert Woods WR USC

6. Minnesota Vikings: Star Lotulelei NT Utah

7. Miami Dolphins*: Keenan Allen WR California

8. Buffalo Bills: Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas

9. Kansas City Chiefs**: Tyler Bray QB Tennessee

10. St. Louis Rams: Barrett Jones T/G/C Alabama

11. Carolina Panthers: David Amerson CB NC State

12. New York Jets: Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia

13. Oakland Raiders: Logan Thomas QB Virginia Tech

14. New Orleans Saints: Jackson Jeffcoat DE Texas

15. Detroit Lions: Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State

16. Philadelphia Eagles***: DJ Fluker OT Alabama

17. Cincinnati Bengals: Eric Reid S LSU

18. Tennessee Titans**: Manti Te'o ILB Notre Dame

19. Atlanta Falcons: Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina

20. New York Giants: Johnathan Hankins DT Ohio State

21. Pittsburgh Steelers: Johnthan Banks CB Mississippi State

22. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Chris Faulk OT LSU

23. New England Patriots****: Chance Warmack G Alabama

24. Denver Broncos: Chase Thomas OLB Stanford

25. Seattle Seahawks***: Justin Hunter WR Tennessee

26. Dallas Cowboys****: Jake Matthews OT Texas A&M

27. Green Bay Packers: TJ McDonald S USC

28. San Diego Chargers: DeMarcus Milliner CB Alabama

29. Baltimore Ravens: Brandon Jenkins DE/OLB Florida State

30. Chicago Bears: Kawann Short DT Purdue

31. San Francisco 49ers: Bjoern Werner DE Florida State

32. Houston Texans: Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M

*Miami trades the 2nd overall pick to Arizona for the 7th pick, 2nd round pick, a 2014 1st round pick, and a 2015 first round pick

**Tennessee trades the 9th overall pick to Kansas City for the 18th pick, 3rd round pick, 4th round pick, and a 2014 2nd round pick.

***Seattle trades the 16th overall pick to Philadelphia for the 25th pick, 3rd round pick, and 5th round pick.

****Dallas trades the 23rd pick to New England for the 26th pick and 3rd round pick.

33. Cleveland Browns: Da'Rick Rogers WR Tennessee Tech

34. Miami Dolphins: Alex Okafor DE Texas

35. Miami Dolphins: Tony Jefferson S Oklahoma

36. Jacksonville Jaguars: Taylor Lewan OT Michigan

37. St. Louis Rams: Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame

38. Minnesota Vikings: Marquess Wilson WR Washington State

39. Miami Dolphins: Johnny Adams CB Michigan State

40. Buffalo Bills: Terrance Williams WR Baylor

41. Tennessee Titans: Desmond Trufant CB Washington

42. Denver Broncos*: Matt Elam S Florida

43. Carolina Panthers: Beanie Logan DT LSU

44. Tampa Bay Buccaneers**: William Gholston DE Michigan State

45. Cincinnati Bengals: Carrington Byndom CB Texas

46. Detroit Lions: Sean Porter OLB Texas A&M

47. Seattle Seahawks: Kareem Martin DE North Carolina

48. Cincinnati Bengals: Giovanni Bernard RB North Carolina

49. Kansas City Chiefs: Jonathan Jenkins NT Georgia

50. Atlanta Falcons: John Simon DE Ohio State

51. New York Giants: Oday Aboushi OT Virginia

52. Pittsburgh Steelers: Shayne Skov ILB Stanford

53. New York Jets**: Knile Davis RB Arkansas

54. Dallas Cowboys: Jesse Williams DT/DE Alabama

55. St. Louis Rams*: Jonathan Brown OLB Illinois

56. Philadelphia Eagles: Robert Lester S Alabama

57. San Diego Chargers***: Margus Hunt DE SMU

58. Green Bay Packers: Alec Ogletree ILB Georgia

59. New England Patriots***: Micah Hyde CB Iowa

60. Baltimore Ravens: Khaled Holmes C USC

61. Chicago Bears: Jonathan Cooper OG North Carolina

62. San Francisco 49ers: Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State

63. Houston Texans: Tyrann Mathieu S LSU

*St. Louis trades the 42nd pick to Denver for the 55th pick and 4th round pick.

**New York Jets trade the 44th pick to Tampa Bay for the 53rd pick and 5th round pick

***New England trades the 57th pick to San Diego for the 59th pick and 6th round pick.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain

Last edited by baconrad3 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks fine to me.

#JDI
kansas bob

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Short is still available when Denver picks and they don't draft him I will be astonished! They have DJ Williams and Miller at OLB, but have needed DT help for years.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, a few observations:
Honey Badger's likely not declaring. The kid seems genuinely to be making every effort to get back onto the LSU roster in 2013, and Miles looks like he's doing whatever he can - within the rules - to aid him in that effort.

Al Davis isn't running the Raiders anymore, and Reggie McKenzie isn't the type to use a 1st round pick on a 3rd round prospect just because the guy is "athletic". Literally, right now Logan Thomas has shown little more than the Raiders already have in Terrelle Pryor. Right idea with a mobile QB (assuming they keep Greg Knapp - which they really shouldn't, but could) given that the only time a Knapp-run offense has succeeded has been when he has a mobile QB (Palmer is much more of a pocket passer), but it's needlessly wasteful with the pick.

Brandon Jenkins is going to have to make a heck of a comeback from the injury he suffered week 1 to boost himself to 1st Round stock when he was only receiving 2nd and 3rd round grades at the end of last season and didn't have the opportunity to do anything to boost that stock with performance.

If the Jets elect to stick with Sanchez, and this is no knock against Jarvis Jones, but I have a really hard time seeing Rex pass on Lattimore. Greene's been blassez. Neither McKnight or Bilal Powell are going to challenge for the starter's spot. And in Rex's ideal scheme, they're grounding and pounding, which means they need an effective rushing game.

Chargers' pick look good... hopefully he's still there by that point (I can see Atlanta being a team to target a CB as well as the Giants.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Bengals draft

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
baconrad3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you can see from my mock....Miami has the potential to really, really improve their team through this draft.

I think that they'll end up picking top 5, probably top 3. They aren't going to give up on Tannehill yet.

They should trade their top pick to one of the teams looking for a quarterback. I have them trading the 2 pick for the 7th pick, a 2nd rounder, and 2 more 1st rounders in 2014 and 2015. That's about around what they'd get. They should absolutely pull the trigger if they can do that.

I'd say that the Fins "won" this mock draft. Keenan Allen, Tony Jefferson, Alex Okafor, and Johnny Adams in the first two rounds would be a great draft for them.

LBC......I'd like to address what you said about Thoms and the Raiders.

First off, Thomas is a much better prospect than Pryor was. Thomas isn't a 3rd round talent. A lot of people, myself included, think he is worthy of a first round pick.

Now, I think he is the 5th best QB prospect in this class. If the Raiders can get any of the other 4 guys (Barkley, Wilson, Bray, Smith) then they absolutely should. But, as you can see, I have them taking Thomas because the other four were drafted first.

Thomas is a great prospect. He isn't a good prospect just because he is "athletic" as you insinuated. He has accuracy issues, but he has a cannon of an arm and has the physical tools to be a franchise QB. He reminds me a lot of Freeman. Yes, he is a mobile QB. But he is still a pocket passer as well who just happens to be able to run it.

I vehemently disagree with you that he's no better of a prospect than Pryor. Pryor is horrid as a passer, whereas Thomas has shown that he has a ton of potential in that area and already is a pretty good one now. [/b]

Nobody

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty go Colts pick, but I don't think we pass on Barrett Jones unles we make a big FA signing at G. We have a lot of cap room.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
As you can see from my mock....Miami has the potential to really, really improve their team through this draft.

I think that they'll end up picking top 5, probably top 3. They aren't going to give up on Tannehill yet.

They should trade their top pick to one of the teams looking for a quarterback. I have them trading the 2 pick for the 7th pick, a 2nd rounder, and 2 more 1st rounders in 2014 and 2015. That's about around what they'd get. They should absolutely pull the trigger if they can do that.

I'd say that the Fins "won" this mock draft. Keenan Allen, Tony Jefferson, Alex Okafor, and Johnny Adams in the first two rounds would be a great draft for them.

LBC......I'd like to address what you said about Thoms and the Raiders.

First off, Thomas is a much better prospect than Pryor was. Thomas isn't a 3rd round talent. A lot of people, myself included, think he is worthy of a first round pick.

Now, I think he is the 5th best QB prospect in this class. If the Raiders can get any of the other 4 guys (Barkley, Wilson, Bray, Smith) then they absolutely should. But, as you can see, I have them taking Thomas because the other four were drafted first.

Thomas is a great prospect. He isn't a good prospect just because he is "athletic" as you insinuated. He has accuracy issues, but he has a cannon of an arm and has the physical tools to be a franchise QB. He reminds me a lot of Freeman. Yes, he is a mobile QB. But he is still a pocket passer as well who just happens to be able to run it.

I vehemently disagree with you that he's no better of a prospect than Pryor. Pryor is horrid as a passer, whereas Thomas has shown that he has a ton of potential in that area and already is a pretty good one now. [/b]

My point is that literally all he's got right now is upside. You can't just lump what he has as "accuracy issues" and call it a day. His deep ball accuracy is poor (we're talking Jake Locker poor), largely because he seems to have little concept of how to put touch on a ball versus just cranking full-throttle with his arm. Now some of this is mechanical, but this is one of those sort of mechanical issues that typically gets sorted out early in college for most intelligent QB's (it's like a pitcher learning to throw a curveball, they have to learn to ratchet back the velocity but they also have to consciously do it, Thomas hasn't shown a willingness to do that yet).

His decision-making in and of itself isn't something that isn't correctable, but when looked at alongside the reasons why his deep ball accuracy is so poor or that his best moments typically come running a two-minute offense when a defense isn't afforded the opportunity to set-up and play that game of mental chess against him, it definitely draws some questions about the guy's football IQ. Thomas could be Josh Freeman, he could be a slightly better Brock Osweiler or Ryan Tannehill. As of right now, I don't believe he's shown enough to merit a 1st round selection. He certainly seems far more in the Osweiler/Locker camp right now in terms of being a guy who either doesn't grasp or is completely ignoring the nuanced approach to the game from its most important position.

I'm not saying he won't go in the 1st if he declares - the premium put on QB's and particularly ones with ideal size slides those odds considerably more in his favor - just that that will be more a product of inflation due to perceived scarcity as opposed to actually "deserved" status. And the other part of my point was that Reggie McKenzie comes from the Ted Thompson school of drafting - which places a HEAVY emphasis on football IQ. Simply being athletically-gifted with a ton of potential isn't enough to get you drafted by a Thompson/McKenzie, unless they're getting you at a significant discount (I could see McKenzie drafting Thomas at say the top of the 2nd or even trading back and targeting him in the very late 1st, but spending a Top 15 pick on him "just because he's the last one left" isn't his style. He'd sooner be a candidate to trade up and try to outbid the Chiefs for Bray (whose prowess in the mental approach to the game is well over two-fold better than Thomas') at Tennessee's pick.

That Thompson mode of attack in the draft involves following one of two avenues: Take the value that falls through the cracks even if the player is not an immediate need (see Aaron Rodgers, Derrick Sherrod, to an extent Brian Bulaga, BJ Raji) or identify the guy that you absolutely have to have that fills a need while meeting your other checklist items and make a move for him (see Clay Matthews, Morgan Burnett). It's certainly not a type of staff that's gun-shy about trading back if they see a guy they like/want but don't see the value in picking him where they're originally slotted (see Jordy Nelson, Brandon Jackson).

Honestly, I'm probably just a bigger critic of mocks because I think the plug and play approach is lazy (not meant to be an insult, just that if you're going to do something it would seem like considering all factors rather than just a couple would be advisable). And being the last among the teams with eyes fixed on a QB would seem like one of those instances where I could see a particular type of GM like Reggie McKenzie looking to trade back if he was really going to target a prospect like Thomas, versus just outright take him at the natural pick.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, would suck to pick 15th, but getting Rhodes and Porter? Shocked Very good.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
kansas bob

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have Tony Jefferson going to Miami and Denver?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
skinsfan68

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the Redskins don't get a second round pick in this draft? They didn't trade away their second round pick to St Louis this year also.
baconrad3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinsfan68 wrote:
So the Redskins don't get a second round pick in this draft? They didn't trade away their second round pick to St Louis this year also.

That was just a brain fart on my end. I was looking at the first round order when doing the 2nd round, so that's why I had St. Louis picking twice. Didn't even realize it.

Oh well don't feel like changing it. Sorry Skins fans now you guys don't have a 1st or 2nd rd pick this year

Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see anyway Arizona makes that trade.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
Duffman57

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: New 2 Round Mock Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
28. San Diego Chargers: DeMarcus Milliner CB Alabama

57. San Diego Chargers***: Margus Hunt DE SMU

I dont think we'd take another DE early after taking DE in rounds 1 and 2 in back to back drafts, and he would be our 3rd if not 4th DE, though he's got the upside to where we could develop him for a year or two till someone is gone.

I'd say take Travis Frederick here. Guys a monster and if he's still available, he's a monster in the run game, exactly what we need.

But the first round pick...

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both would be great picks for the Bears.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: