Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft/Free Agency Thread II Sparkly Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
htfryar wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
htfryar wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Blogging The Boys ‏@BloggingTheBoys

Quote:
Someone's off. @RobRang says #Cowboys take NCSU QB Mike Glennon in 1st @Drafttek says they take him in the 5th! NFP says Glennon best QB

CBS Sports, which partners with nfldraftscout.com, has Glennon rated as the 5th best QB, the 52nd best overall prospect and a 2nd rounder. Looks like everyone has a different opinion of him. He is either a 1st, 2nd or 5th rounder, depending on which website you like to believe.

I dunno about you, but I'd absolutely invest a 5th round pick in him.

I definitely would take him in the 5th if he was still there. I do not want him in the 1st or 2nd rounds though. There are much bigger needs than QB for this coming draft.

Agreed. And this is a bad QB draft to begin with. QBs who would (and probably should) be drafted in lower rounds in years with better talent at the position will be pulled up to higher rounds due to the lack of other viable candidates at the position. I'd rather not reach on a guy when the value isn't there.

Plan this draft is better for qb's than what is being projected over the next couple of years. Only Bridgewater right now is considered a big time prospect. If Mettenberger takes the next step he too will have a chance to rise. With Bray coming out this makes it one of the better drafts at the qb position. I just don't think you will see the instant success of rookie qb's that you saw this year.

Does any these names excite you ?

Mettenberger
McCarron
Bo Wallace
Tyler Russell ( I think he actually has a chance to be very good)
Driskell
Murray
Mariota
Tahj Boyd
Carr

Bryn Renner may be the safest pick of all the qb's if Bridgewater doesn't come out next year.

I really like Renner. I'm on his bandwagon as of this moment.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the team does announce Kiffen as the DC today, which FAs could the team target?

I think Henry Melton shoots to the top of the list. It will take a huge contract (7 years, $50M at a minimum), but he's only 26 years old and a quick, penetrating DT.

Cliff Avril could also be a target to upgrade the DE position, although he would be similar to Ware and a pass rusher first. Michael Bennett is also another candidate. He's a bit bigger than Avril and plays LDE. He emerged as a solid pass rusher this year (9 sacks) and is good against the run. Acquiring either player will cost quite a bit (guesstimate - 6 years, $36M to $40M).

In the secondary, I would expect the team to go hard after William Moore of Atlanta. He's a good zone safety and has good ballhawk skills. Kenny Phillips of the Giants would be another possible safety candidate.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see Melton here, definitely a player who would fit right in with Kiffin's scheme, but I don't see the Bears letting such a young, talented guy walk.

I almost would be tempted to give Glenn Dorsey a shot. I always thought he was out of place in a 3-4, so it'd be interesting to see what he could do in a 4-3 at this level.

^^^Deadpulse
ware94

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bama's Fluker, Milliner, and Lacy's to skip Senior year, enter NFL Draft.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/alabama-crimson-tide-eddie-lacy-dee-milliner-dj-fluker-enter-nfl-draft-011113
NCAA- Auburn Tigers
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ware94 wrote:

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/alabama-crimson-tide-eddie-lacy-dee-milliner-dj-fluker-enter-nfl-draft-011113

I wish that Lacy would fall to us in the 4th round, but it just isn't going to happen.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
ware94

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
ware94 wrote:

I wish that Lacy would fall to us in the 4th round, but it just isn't going to happen.

That would be nice. Although, Murray wasn't supposed to fall to the third round either.
NCAA- Auburn Tigers
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheStarStillShines wrote:
If the team does announce Kiffen as the DC today, which FAs could the team target?

I think Henry Melton shoots to the top of the list. It will take a huge contract (7 years, $50M at a minimum), but he's only 26 years old and a quick, penetrating DT.

Cliff Avril could also be a target to upgrade the DE position, although he would be similar to Ware and a pass rusher first. Michael Bennett is also another candidate. He's a bit bigger than Avril and plays LDE. He emerged as a solid pass rusher this year (9 sacks) and is good against the run. Acquiring either player will cost quite a bit (guesstimate - 6 years, $36M to $40M).

In the secondary, I would expect the team to go hard after William Moore of Atlanta. He's a good zone safety and has good ballhawk skills. Kenny Phillips of the Giants would be another possible safety candidate.

Not a longterm solution, but how about Osi Umenyiora?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think the hiring of Kiffin really changes much. We still need OG, RT, C, DL and S.. and I would anticipate that we focus on those areas in FA and the draft.

I wouldnt drastically change the plans we had put forth - with the exception that our DL are now at their natural position. The hiring of Kiffin, to me, just means that I would go OL before thinking about the DL (as long as its BPA).

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
StarStillWining

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's tj McDonald projected to go in the draft Would he be a good fit?
BigD88

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since were now in a new scheme defensively and will need interior pass rushers and an OLB.
A couple guys we should look at are Penn State DT Jordan Hill and OLB Herald Hodges in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
Hodges can absolutely fly as a LB.

KingofSTATS wrote:

Witten is just too slow and nonathletic to be a dominant force in the receiving game.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigD88 wrote:
Since were now in a new scheme defensively and will need interior pass rushers and an OLB.
A couple guys we should look at are Penn State DT Jordan Hill and OLB Herald Hodges in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Hodges would be a fantastic Will, but we already have a fantastic candidate in Carter. What we need is a Sam. Someone who is bigger, stronger, and can take on blockers. This is what Albright and Wilber will be competing for IMO. I do like Jordan Hill also though.

plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StarStillWining wrote:

He's a projected 3rd round pick, and he'd be a decent pick in a Cover 2 defense. D.J. Swearinger would be a better fit, IMO, and he'll be drafted around the same time.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
BigD88

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
BigD88 wrote:

Hodges would be a fantastic Will, but we already have a fantastic candidate in Carter. What we need is a Sam. Someone who is bigger, stronger, and can take on blockers. This is what Albright and Wilber will be competing for IMO. I do like Jordan Hill also though.

Hodges played SAM this past season so Mauti could play WILL and preserve his knees. He excelled there too (he's a lot stronger than he gets credit for).
Agree though it depends on what they think of Wilber and Albright.

And don't get me wrong I'm not overrating them because I go to PSU and am a fan or am saying that they're better than others who might be a fit. I just know from being familiar with both rosters that Hill and Hodges are good fits for the system.

KingofSTATS wrote:

Witten is just too slow and nonathletic to be a dominant force in the receiving game.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigD88 wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
BigD88 wrote:

Hodges played SAM this past season so Mauti could play WILL and preserve his knees. He excelled there too (he's a lot stronger than he gets credit for).
Agree though it depends on what they think of Wilber and Albright.

And don't get me wrong I'm not overrating them because I go to PSU and am a fan or am saying that they're better than others who might be a fit. I just know from being familiar with both rosters that Hill and Hodges are good fits for the system.

Gotcha. Didn't realize that about Hodges. He may go to early for us to justify taking another LB when we have so many other needs.

StarStillWining

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
StarStillWining wrote:

He's a projected 3rd round pick, and he'd be a decent pick in a Cover 2 defense. D.J. Swearinger would be a better fit, IMO, and he'll be drafted around the same time.
thanks yeah i been hearing good things about D.J. Swearinger

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 56 of 57

Jump to: