Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles Cut Mike Patterson's Salary In Half
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Eagles Cut Mike Patterson's Salary In Half Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Did he play despite having a significantly higher "disaster risk than any other player last year?

Maybe.

His choice. He took the money to play. End of story.

If you're finished asking silly questions I assume we're done?

I didn't think you understand. He's not asking if they forced Patterson to play or if they were within their rights to reduce his salary. I think we all know the morally correct thing to do.nWhy didn't they do it?
iPwn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Eagles Cut Mike Patterson's Salary In Half Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Did he play despite having a significantly higher "disaster risk than any other player last year?

Maybe.

So he risked himself in ways that no other player did, but it's not even worth asking if the team should have shown a little good faith his way after he did so?

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
iPwn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Eagles Cut Mike Patterson's Salary In Half Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Maybe.

I didn't think you understand. He's not asking if they forced Patterson to play or if they were within their rights to reduce his salary. I think we all know the morally correct thing to do.nWhy didn't they do it?

This. I'm not saying they have to, or decry them as a morally corrupt team for not doing so, but it just seems like they should have done things differently because of the entire set of circumstances in this situation.

- Best since day one -
incognito_man

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Eagles Cut Mike Patterson's Salary In Half Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
So he risked himself in ways that no other player did, but it's not even worth asking if the team should have shown a little good faith his way after he did so?

New Headline:

In good faith gesture, Eagles pay Patterson over $1 million despite not playing

Storyline:

EXACTLY THE SAME
iPwn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Eagles Cut Mike Patterson's Salary In Half Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
iPwn wrote:

New Headline:

Storyline:

EXACTLY THE SAME

Except they can't cut his salary below what they're currently giving him, so no, it's not even close to the same.

- Best since day one -
incognito_man

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Eagles Cut Mike Patterson's Salary In Half Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
iPwn wrote:

New Headline:

Storyline:

EXACTLY THE SAME

Except they can't cut his salary below what they're currently giving him, so no, it's not even close to the same.

No, the storyline is exactly the same. You can't rewrite the actual events that already happened Laughing
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Eagles Cut Mike Patterson's Salary In Half Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
iPwn wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
iPwn wrote:

New Headline:

Storyline:

EXACTLY THE SAME

No, the storyline is exactly the same. You can't rewrite the actual events that already happened Laughing

Explain how it's a good faith gesture. They want him to contribute going forward and to stay on the team. Theyre paying him as little as possible for that to happen.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Eagles Cut Mike Patterson's Salary In Half Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:

Explain how it's a good faith gesture. They want him to contribute going forward and to stay on the team. Theyre paying him as little as possible for that to happen.

Maybe they want him back, maybe not.

They could have cut him outright.

Also, something that hasn't been stated in here is that Philly needs $15 free from this year to carry forward into next year just to get at the cap for 2013.
iPwn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Eagles Cut Mike Patterson's Salary In Half Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:

It's not a good faith gesture. They have to pay him that to allow him to be able to return this season as they have designated him to. So you're the one rewriting events that already happened, not me.

- Best since day one -
iPwn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Eagles Cut Mike Patterson's Salary In Half Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
Also, something that hasn't been stated in here is that Philly needs $15 free from this year to carry forward into next year just to get at the cap for 2013.
They already had $24 million free. I don't think that $15 million would have been a problem.

- Best since day one -
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Eagles Cut Mike Patterson's Salary In Half Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

Maybe they want him back, maybe not.

They could have cut him outright.

Even with that 15 mil that had plenty of room. And it sure seems like they want him on the team judging from comments made by Andy Reid and Jim Washburn. Can you link something that says they are evn thinking about getti g rid of him or this is just to help him out?
incognito_man

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Eagles Cut Mike Patterson's Salary In Half Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

It's not a good faith gesture. They have to pay him that to allow him to be able to return this season as they have designated him to. So you're the one rewriting events that already happened, not me.

What did I rewrite?

Quote:
They already had $24 million free. I don't think that $15 million would have been a problem.

What are your credentials to speak about Philadelphia's cap situation? Do you have extensive knowledge of who needs extensions, how much they will be and when they will need them? Do you think they might have some guys they want to lock up in-season?
iPwn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Eagles Cut Mike Patterson's Salary In Half Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
iPwn wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

What did I rewrite?
That paying him $1million is a good faith gesture.

Quote:
What are your credentials to speak about Philadelphia's cap situation? Do you have extensive knowledge of who needs extensions, how much they will be and when they will need them? Do you think they might have some guys they want to lock up in-season?
What are your credentials to suggest that they want to lock up players in-season?

- Best since day one -
incognito_man

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Eagles Cut Mike Patterson's Salary In Half Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:

Well, we don't know that yet do we. Might very well be. Some people could interpret it that way.

Quote:
What are your credentials to suggest that they want to lock up players in-season?

I said they might want to use that money to extend players.

The only credentials needed to make that statement is the ability to make a statement.
iPwn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Eagles Cut Mike Patterson's Salary In Half Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Well, we don't know that yet do we. Might very well be. Some people could interpret it that way.

How could you interpret it that way at all? It looks like that he should be able to play sometime this season. They want him to play this season. They designated him as the sole player that can return from the IR, and as such they cannot remove his entire contract. They removed everything they could from his contract while still reserving the ability to play him this season. That's not good faith in any form. That's the team trying to play him this season still.

Quote:
I said they might want to use that money to extend players.

The only credentials needed to make that statement is the ability to make a statement.
And all I said was that 24 million is more than 15 million. The only credentials needed for that is a 2nd grade education.

- Best since day one -

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: