Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos Forum Intro/Random Thoughts Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donut

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Eric Winston became one of my favorite players in the NFL tonight. Kudos to him for calling out the $&@^!*@ Chiefs fans who cheered Matt Cassell getting hurt.

You can boo, you can jeer, you can call for changes to made. You DO NOT cheer someone getting hurt. KC fans just descended the level of Philly fans in my book and every REAL football fan should applaud Eric Winston for rightfully calling them out!

And the Jets fans. I still remember Jarvis Green injuring Pennington and him almost breaking his ankle if green didnt let up on the sack. He was trying his hardest to get up and play while fans celebrated he was injured.

I hope KC stays bad and fails. I understand not liking a player but not to point I'd want them injured for not being good. I respect Winston fully for saying it though. it's just sickening to get joy because a guy you dislike got hurt. Especially since Cassel is a really nice guy.
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Eric Winston became one of my favorite players in the NFL tonight. Kudos to him for calling out the $&@^!*@ Chiefs fans who cheered Matt Cassell getting hurt.

You can boo, you can jeer, you can call for changes to made. You DO NOT cheer someone getting hurt. KC fans just descended the level of Philly fans in my book and every REAL football fan should applaud Eric Winston for rightfully calling them out!

And the Jets fans. I still remember Jarvis Green injuring Pennington and him almost breaking his ankle if green didnt let up on the sack. He was trying his hardest to get up and play while fans celebrated he was injured.

I hope KC stays bad and fails. I understand not liking a player but not to point I'd want them injured for not being good. I respect Winston fully for saying it though. it's just sickening to get joy because a guy you dislike got hurt. Especially since Cassel is a really nice guy.

Loved what he said about the situation. Nothing he said was wrong either. Also loved that he said he's been in some bad spots, on some awful teams and has never been more embarrassed by fans than he was yesterday. Great sound bite, rippin Chef fans... awesome.

Completely nailed that speach. Good job.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
Donut wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

Loved what he said about the situation. Nothing he said was wrong either. Also loved that he said he's been in some bad spots, on some awful teams and has never been more embarrassed by fans than he was yesterday. Great sound bite, rippin Chef fans... awesome.

Completely nailed that speach. Good job.
He doesn't look like the kind of guy you'd want to mess with.

But still pathetic display by Chiefs fans, it's one thing to dislike someone but to boo them when injured or hope for injury is sickening.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to think I'm a pretty tough guy on the field, but if anything ever got to me on a football field it would be getting injured and then cheered for getting injured. The best way to respond though is to have a great game so you can rub it in their faces.

On this note, I'm rooting for you Matt Cassel.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
broncospride95

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I don't think Cassel is all that bad. I think Chief fans use him as their scapegoat to explain why their top 5 talented team is playing like a bottom 5 talented team. I think Cassel is an average QB; nothing more, nothing less. I actually root for him to play well and the Chiefs to lose so I can see who the Chief fans would blame then. Cassel deserves better than the Chiefs, and seeing them cheer when he got hurt really made me hate the Chiefs that much more. After hearing all about the Chiefs hype this off-season and the cheering for Cassel being injured really has made me hate the Chiefs more than the Raiders.

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncospride95 wrote:
Honestly I don't think Cassel is all that bad. I think Chief fans use him as their scapegoat to explain why their top 5 talented team is playing like a bottom 5 talented team. I think Cassel is an average QB; nothing more, nothing less. I actually root for him to play well and the Chiefs to lose so I can see who the Chief fans would blame then. Cassel deserves better than the Chiefs, and seeing them cheer when he got hurt really made me hate the Chiefs that much more. After hearing all about the Chiefs hype this off-season and the cheering for Cassel being injured really has made me hate the Chiefs more than the Raiders.
They'll start cheering for him again if Brady Quinn gets under center.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
Donut

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncospride95 wrote:

When I was able to present a story about Cassel helping a woman get out of her home when there was a fire just shows who he is. He's got the attitude you want. The one yr he was a probowler was really the yr he had a decent playcaller. He is the scapegoat. All the INTs are being blamed on Cassel even the one that hit bowe's hand and head.
If he has a good playcaller again honestly he'd be managing this team well. Though he has had moments he's missed opportunities because he's hesitated. I'd lol if he went to a team to game manage and gos back to being a solid QBing option and just pwns them.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had a Mod tell me my avatar is too big. I've had this one since 2009. Confused
howie102

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://withleather.uproxx.com/2012/10/paul-wood-ruptured-testicle-twitter

Quote:
During his teamís 26-18 loss to Leeds on Saturday, Wood not only experienced a ruptured testicle, but he played the entire game with the injury.

Just how we roll in the UK.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

howie102 wrote:

Quote:
During his teamís 26-18 loss to Leeds on Saturday, Wood not only experienced a ruptured testicle, but he played the entire game with the injury.

Remarkable. British trademark self-irony on full display even in the wake of having lost a marble.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
howie102 wrote:

Quote:

Remarkable. British trademark self-irony on full display even in the wake of having lost a marble.

They make prosthetic testicles now. Shocked
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
howie102 wrote:

Quote:

Sure. They aren't necessary but (testicular cancer) patients often choose to get some for aesthetic reasons.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
howie102 wrote:

Quote:

It didn't work out for Half-Sack very well.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today is a very good day. I hope every one has had just as great of a day as I have had.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGeorge2 wrote:
Today is a very good day. I hope every one has had just as great of a day as I have had.

Made me think of the Ice Cube song...

Remember when Ice Cube used to be a bad 'a'?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 12 of 100

Jump to: