Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos re-sign DB Carter and DT Unrein

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutler06

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Broncos re-sign DB Carter and DT Unrein Reply with quote

Per rotoworld, Carter and Unreign both have resigned

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5601/tony-carter

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
elliot878

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ERFA's, both are worth more than their tender cost, and they can't go anywhere as ERFA's. A necessary move by the front office, bringing back players worth more than their contracts.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bailey, Harris, Bolden, Carter... I don't think we need to dish out a lot of money at CBs or draft one high this offseason.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
ERFA's, both are worth more than their tender cost, and they can't go anywhere as ERFA's. A necessary move by the front office, bringing back players worth more than their contracts.

And not a penny of the contracts are guaranteed so both have to make the team to get paid. I think Unrein is all but assured to make the team, Carter I think may have a harder time.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Bailey, Harris, Bolden, Carter... I don't think we need to dish out a lot of money at CBs or draft one high this offseason.

I disagree. Some on the coaching staff thinks Carter plays lazy and doesn't have it all upstairs. They also worry about his ability to hold up over the course of a full season given his diminutive stature. Lastly, there have been more than a few reports calling CB our #1 need.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
Winder23

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
elliot878 wrote:

And not a penny of the contracts are guaranteed so both have to make the team to get paid. I think Unrein is all but assured to make the team, Carter I think may have a harder time.
I think Unrein is a Bronco for years to come. He is living his dream, playing for his home team. I thought it was awseome when he caught the TD pass last year. He is quickly becoming one of my favorite Broncos.

I agree with you on Carter. I think the Broncos want another veteran and a early to mid round pick. That would make 6 to 7 viable player competing for 5 spots. When you play as much man coverage as the Broncos do you have to have at least 4 players that can play at a high level.
mke1010

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corner back is critical in Elway's eyes. Last year we had Bailey, Harris, Carter, drafted Bolden and we still signed Porter as well as Florence.

I think it is a near certainty we will go after a corner in free agency and don't be surprised if we draft one very high too. Bailey is getting older. Bolden is still an unknown quantity. There are durability questions about Carter and he seems to be an up and down player.

The team may decide against signing Carter long term when he hits unrestricted status and with Bailey getting older by the day, Corner certainly remains a need in my humble view.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: