Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders Vs Steelers- GAMEDAY TODAY LETS WIN THIS ISH
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How Much We Win By?
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Who Cares, JUST WIN
82%
 82%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 23

Burgesskills

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys guys guys.....we're going to lose this game.

There are a few RB's that can look good in our zone blocking scheme. Foster wouldn't look this bad. I still think D-Mac is an all around better back than Foster, but D-Mac won't have a good year in this scheme, nor would he in Houston.

The zone blocking scheme is designed for patience and a big cut. McFadden is fast and can cut most of the time. It sucks watching him struggle, but I knew he would all summer.

He has no patience, they give him the ball and he explodes, he out runs the lineman before they even move the hole. The hole moves in the ZBS and the RB needs to be patient and use vision to see where the hole is and then hit it.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:

There are a few RB's that can look good in our zone blocking scheme. Foster wouldn't look this bad. I still think D-Mac is an all around better back than Foster, but D-Mac won't have a good year in this scheme, nor would he in Houston.

The zone blocking scheme is designed for patience and a big cut. McFadden is fast and can cut most of the time. It sucks watching him struggle, but I knew he would all summer.

He has no patience, they give him the ball and he explodes, he out runs the lineman before they even move the hole. The hole moves in the ZBS and the RB needs to be patient and use vision to see where the hole is and then hit it.

While I do agree that certain backs are better in the ZBS than others, they all require their offensive line to actually execute before they can succeed. Yes, in a correctly-run ZBS, Foster would (and does) tear it up. However, our line isnt running it correctly, and Foster would look like a chump in our offense at the present. Maybe McFadden doesnt have the patience, but we cant really tell for sure, and it doesnt even matter, because our line is built for the power scheme and cant get the holes open for any RB to hit- patient enough or not.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:

Are you seriously comparing the Texans offensive line to ours? Like, seriously? Laughing
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DMC will be shut down yet again. It's sad. He's a hell of a player and he isn't being put in a situation to succeed completely. Remember when the Raiders didn't want him to do these other things, and just keep doing what he's good at? Asked him what he prefers? He was unconscious running the ball! I'll wait 2 more weeks before completely throwing in the towel on this season for my boy DMC, I feel if Moore gets brought along more in the offense it will open up alot of other things. Let's see.

Anyways, here is to being 0-4 going into the bye week.

If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
NickButera

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see this week being the week to turn it around. We've played good football 2 weeks in a row now.... for some of the game. We can't sustain a good game nor can we seem to find the endzone. In reality the first half of both SD and Miami games were actually ok and we were in the game, then let it go in the second half. Defense couldn't keep up their success and our offense couldn't put points up to keep up.

With Antonion Brown, Sanders and Wallace.... and our lack of depth and injured Bartell in the backfield.... I see a big game for Big Ben. Hopefully after 2 weeks, Allen sits down with his staff and they start adding a few things in that worked last year, like the screen pass. For goodness sake it was the only play in the last 2 weeks that's worked for McFadden, use it.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Dessie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
#Raiders coach Dennis Allen says both Shawntae Spencer (right foot) and Khalif Barnes (groin) have "significant" injuries

We are in a hole at CB. Shocked
#clueless
ch8878

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
SMH... I never said we are going to dominate their offensive line, dude. I said the only thing we have in our favor for this game is that their offensive line is bad and so is Redman. Did I say we would dominate their line? No. Did I say we would sack Ben a ton? No. I just said thats about the only thing we have going for us. In other words, I don't think we stand a chance since they can easily beat us in every other area. And for the record, I also said "if our defensive line plays up to their potential", then we have a chance to attack Ben a lot... so obviously that means I have doubts about them playing to the best of their ability.

I just don't see the D-Line living up to their "potential" though I wish they would I mean I want the Raiders to turn it around and hopefully the Chargers and Broncos drop 2 games but Richard Seymour and Tommy Kelly just seem like there age has caught up to them they got fatigue very fast and the LB's and DB's couldn't tackle.

On the offense of side Cooper Carlisle couldn't play RG last year why they though he could play LG is beyond me and Khalif Barnes looks like the guy the Jags cut a few years ago, also not sure if Mike Brisiel is worth the money they payed him.

We all knew CB's might be an issue but really Palmer and Myers seem to be the only players really playing good.
NickButera

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Quote:
#Raiders coach Dennis Allen says both Shawntae Spencer (right foot) and Khalif Barnes (groin) have "significant" injuries

It's a good thing we're not playing anyone like Brown and Wallace this week.... o wait.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
our line is built for the power scheme and cant get the holes open for any RB to hit- patient enough or not.

I'm not sure that's true. Carlisle and Brisiel are ZBS Gs. Veldheer has the athleticism required to play in that scheme as well. Wiz could really struggle in it though. And Barnes isn't very good no matter the scheme.
Thing is our oline coach had never been more than assistant before this year and apparently he's not off to a good start.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to get this right. McFadden can run in ANY SCHEME. The issue is the Raiders can't block the ZBS.

You put McFadden in Washington or Houston and he will dominate.

The ZBS requires 5 guys all clicking and blocking their man correctly. One whiff and it's blown up. There are no cutback lanes opening for DMC, that's the issue. He knows where the hole is suppose to be, but someone isn't getting their man on the ground to open it.

With the running game stalled, the passing game fails. You can't run a run heavy, play action offense w/out proper blocking.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
our line is built for the power scheme and cant get the holes open for any RB to hit- patient enough or not.

I'm not sure that's true. Carlisle and Brisiel are ZBS Gs. Veldheer has the athleticism required to play in that scheme as well. Wiz could really struggle in it though. And Barnes isn't very good no matter the scheme.
Thing is our oline coach had never been more than assistant before this year and apparently he's not off to a good start.

Yea, perhaps saying they were built for the power scheme was inaccurate. What I meant was the fact that that is what all those guys (aside from Brisel) have been running the last couple years and thats what they got good at.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:

Yea, perhaps saying they were built for the power scheme was inaccurate. What I meant was the fact that that is what all those guys (aside from Brisel) have been running the last couple years and thats what they got good at.

No doubt. Last year's oline was the best it had been in years. No wonder so many people, including myself, don't understand the need for change there.
Django

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All knapp and no score makes jake a dull boy. All knapp and no score makes jake a dull boy. All knapp and no score makes jake a dull boy. All knapp and no score makes jake a dull boy. All knapp and no score makes jake a dull boy. All knapp and no score makes jake a dull boy. All knapp and no score makes jake a dull boy.
All knapp and no score makes jake a dull boy. All knapp and no score makes jake a dull boy. All knapp and no score makes jake a dull boy. All knapp and no score makes jake a dull boy. All knapp and no score makes jake a dull boy. All knapp and no score makes jake a dull boy. All knapp and no score makes jake a dull boy. All knapp and no score makes jake a dull boy. All knapp and no score makes jake a dull boy. All knapp and no score makes jake a dull boy. All knapp and no score makes jake a dull boy. All knapp and no score makes jake a dull boy.
All knapp and no score makes jake a dull boy. All knapp and no score makes jake a dull boy. All knapp and no score makes jake a dull boy. All knapp and no score makes jake a dull boy. All knapp and no score makes jake a dull boy. All knapp and no score makes jake a dull boy. All knapp and no score makes jake a dull boy. All knapp and no score makes jake a dull boy. All knapp and no score makes jake a dull boy. All knapp and no score makes jake a dull boy. All knapp and no score makes jake a dull boy. All knapp and no score makes jake a dull boy.
All knapp and no score makes jake a dull boy. All knapp and no score makes jake a dull boy. All knapp and no score makes jake a dull boy. All knapp and no score makes jake a dull boy. All knapp and no score makes jake. a dull boy.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused

anyway, how did Willie Smith look yesterday??
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Quote:

oh gawd.

Pat Lee/Joselio Hansen/Chekwa????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 3 of 63

Jump to: