Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We need to hire the 49ers LB coach to be our DC

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Blazed-


Joined: 25 Dec 2011
Posts: 545
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: We need to hire the 49ers LB coach to be our DC Reply with quote

They are so good. They are great in coverage, blitzing and wrapping and all 4 of them have a shot at the pro bowl.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RuskieTitan


Joined: 29 Apr 2007
Posts: 37722
Location: Front lines of Titania
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teaching guys how to play their position, and actually designing and calling plays are two entirely different things.
_________________

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TT4Life7


Joined: 25 Feb 2009
Posts: 356
Location: Erie, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
Teaching guys how to play their position, and actually designing and calling plays are two entirely different things.


Defensive Coordinators do have to start from somewhere Ruskie.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RuskieTitan


Joined: 29 Apr 2007
Posts: 37722
Location: Front lines of Titania
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT4Life7 wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
Teaching guys how to play their position, and actually designing and calling plays are two entirely different things.


Defensive Coordinators do have to start from somewhere Ruskie.


I prefer to keep the rookie playcalling experimentation to other teams, thank you very much.
_________________

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TITANSEATPEOPLE


Joined: 02 Feb 2009
Posts: 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to fire Gray and get Kirby Smart at the end of the year. Incorporate a new 3-4 4-3 Hybrid till we get the personnel, then 3-4 full time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Titans_31


Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Posts: 246
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jusr because there players play well at that position doesn't mean he would be a good dc. We could just offer him more money to come here rather than stay here. Its not like madden Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Titans_31


Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Posts: 246
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TITANSEATPEOPLE wrote:
We need to fire Gray and get Kirby Smart at the end of the year. Incorporate a new 3-4 4-3 Hybrid till we get the personnel, then 3-4 full time.


Were built like a 4-3 team and we keot building on it last offseason werr not moving to a 3-4 with muncheck as are head coach imo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TITANSEATPEOPLE


Joined: 02 Feb 2009
Posts: 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans_31 wrote:
TITANSEATPEOPLE wrote:
We need to fire Gray and get Kirby Smart at the end of the year. Incorporate a new 3-4 4-3 Hybrid till we get the personnel, then 3-4 full time.


Were built like a 4-3 team and we keot building on it last offseason werr not moving to a 3-4 with muncheck as are head coach imo.


Dude...everyone was built a different way before they switch defenses. We have had like, 3 D coords that play the same defense. 4-3 zone, no pressure, 10 yrds off coverage. Change it up. It is tedious watching them every Sunday doing the same thing and losing for it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Titans_31


Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Posts: 246
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TITANSEATPEOPLE wrote:
Titans_31 wrote:
TITANSEATPEOPLE wrote:
We need to fire Gray and get Kirby Smart at the end of the year. Incorporate a new 3-4 4-3 Hybrid till we get the personnel, then 3-4 full time.


Were built like a 4-3 team and we keot building on it last offseason werr not moving to a 3-4 with muncheck as are head coach imo.


Dude...everyone was built a different way before they switch defenses. We have had like, 3 D coords that play the same defense. 4-3 zone, no pressure, 10 yrds off coverage. Change it up. It is tedious watching them every Sunday doing the same thing and losing for it.


Theres nothing wrong with the style of defense we play we just have no defensive line. Or safetys. Look at how the giants defend is built or the eagles or any defense for.that matter you need a defensive line if u want to be a top or elite defense. Last time the titans had that was what 2008? Look how they turned out that year easily a top 3 defense
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanSS


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 2844
Location: My house
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans_31 wrote:
TITANSEATPEOPLE wrote:
Titans_31 wrote:
TITANSEATPEOPLE wrote:
We need to fire Gray and get Kirby Smart at the end of the year. Incorporate a new 3-4 4-3 Hybrid till we get the personnel, then 3-4 full time.


Were built like a 4-3 team and we keot building on it last offseason werr not moving to a 3-4 with muncheck as are head coach imo.


Dude...everyone was built a different way before they switch defenses. We have had like, 3 D coords that play the same defense. 4-3 zone, no pressure, 10 yrds off coverage. Change it up. It is tedious watching them every Sunday doing the same thing and losing for it.


Theres nothing wrong with the style of defense we play we just have no defensive line. Or safetys. Look at how the giants defend is built or the eagles or any defense for.that matter you need a defensive line if u want to be a top or elite defense. Last time the titans had that was what 2008? Look how they turned out that year easily a top 3 defense


The defensive line is getting pressure. But when they do and were playing a soft zone with receivers wide open... and I don't mean they have a guy on them and he's just not in good position to defend the pass... i mean these receivers we've faced are WIDE OPEN.. noone for 5 yards wide open... then you're not going to have much luck rushing the passer. The QB will just step up in the pocket and deliver it right down the seam for an easy gain.

We need to drop the soft [inappropriate/removed] zone coverage and start playing a lot more man coverage. More bump and run. Our outside corners are a lot better than I think we give them credit for.. let them play.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group