Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Give Me Your Top 10 Power Ranking...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ketchup

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Insane82 wrote:
I swear there is this ATL BALT hate thrown back and forth between each other all because of 2 people from the 2008 NFL Draft. but of coarse most people involved wont admit it

The Falcons are probably my favorite team in the NFC. The animosity from Ryan-Flacco is overblown. They weren't selected even close to each other, and there was no doubt on draft day who the better prospect was. Flacco wasn't even the consensus number 2 prospect. I could see Brohm-Flacco being a thing if Brohm wasn't terrible.

Can't someone be pessimistic about a team's outlook without some basis in 'hate'?
Never did get the hate between the two fanbases. From an outsiders view, i always liked Ryan more and nothing that him or Flacco have done has changed my view point. But The Ravens fans got a QB that has won them a ton of games and have gotten them to the AFC Champ game more then once so why hate. Falcons got what they wanted and Ravens got who they wanted within reason.

Kempes on the custom sig!
VikeADunn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Texans
2. Falcons
3. 49ers
4. Ravens
5. Bears
6. Patriots
7. Giants
8. Eagles
9. Vikings
10. Cardinals

[quote="tylerdouglass"]VikeADunn, you're my hero.[/quote]

2013 Adopt-A-Viking: DT Sharrif Floyd
Tk: 2 Sk: Stf: PD: 2 FF/FR:
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranking teams based on what they've accomplished so far is too boring and easy. I'm going to rank the teams based on how likely I think it is for them to win the superbowl, based on what I've seen.

1. San Francisco 49ers - Amazing defense and a brilliant coach who will find a way to bring the offense.

2. New England Patriots - They are great. But, everyone knows it and will bring their best shot to avoid being embarrassed like the Bills when they let up in the second half of their game.

3. New York Giants - Eli's offense is scary good. Perhaps, on the same level as the Pats. I think the D can step up again when needed. Biggest problem will be maintaining the focus needed to make the playoffs. If/when they do that, they may be the most dangerous team.

4. Pittsburgh Steelers - The most overlooked team in nfl right now, so I'm going to go ahead and overrate them a little. Not even close to hitting their stride, but Ben has been good enough to keep them afloat.

5. Houston Texans - Why so "low"? Schaub scares me. Not because he's bad, but because he's pretty good. Their secondary could give up an early lead and I'm not sure if they will be patient enough to stick with Foster and the running game, with Schaub back there. But Schaub doesn't have the weapons to keep up in a shootout, anymore. They need a certain type of game to perform at their best. But the biggest reason for this "low" ranking is because I think they'll match up terribly with a likely playoff opponent in the Patriots. A team that can contain the run on defense and has perfected a quick passing offense with a variety of weapons will be a nightmare for the Texans. I think the Steelers' passing targets have a better chance of exploiting the Pats secondary, hence the higher ranking.

6. Atlanta Falcons - They have been playing about as well as they can play recently. Their best is really good, but it's not overwhelming. Like Houston, they need a specific type of game, and they may not be able to dictate the style of all 3-4 playoff games. I don't think they lack toughness, but I'm not sure they can win ugly. I really wish they had a better back.

7. Chicago Bears - Their defense has looked as good as any. They have skill players that can carry an offense when they're "on".

8. Green Bay Packers - Really looking like a slump year, but still have time (and talent) to turn it around

9. Philadelphia Eagles - I think they are even better than this, but can't ignore the likelihood that Vick implodes on a given playoff game

Note: I'm not ranking the Ravens because it's impossible for me to think objectively about them, but I'm sure I'd place them somewhere in my top 10.

Again, I like the outlook of all of these teams (if the fact that they are in the rankings isn't clear) and could see them all winning the super bowl. The criticisms are relative to the other teams I am predicting big things for.
streetlight3989

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. San Francisco 49ers - This team is scary good. Their defense is the best I've seen in a a very long time and now they have an offense to go with it. They are without a doubt the most dominant team in the NFL.

2. Houston Texans - While the 49ers may be the most dominant team in the NFL, Houston is the most complete. Their defense while not quite as good as the Niners, isn't far off, and their offense is better. This team has the best running game in the league and their passing game isn't anything to scoff at.

3. Atlanta Falcons - Another complete team. Looking up and down their roster it's hard to find a weakness. Matt Ryan is looking like an MVP and their dynamic duo of receivers have secondaries looking absolutely silly.

4. New England Patriots - Look out, now they have a running game. This balance will help the Patriots offense dominate games, not that they were having any trouble with that when they didn't run the ball.

5. Baltimore Ravens - This team perplexes me. Their offense is at times anemic and their defense isn't what it used to be, but they still find a way to consistently win against good teams. They're just flat out good.

6. Chicago Bears - That defense is really good. If Jay Cutler would stop playing Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde this team can climb even higher in these rankings. The scary thing is I don't think we've seen their best football yet.

7. New York Giants - In terms of talent, the Giants are probably top 3 in the league, but as we all know, this team can't seem to ever play a consistent four quarters of solid football. Their offense is scary. They can score from anywhere on the field and they can pile it on. They're getting David Wilson and Rueben Randle involved now, this team seems to have an endless supply of weapons. Not to mention they'll eventually get back Hakeem Nicks, who hasn't been healthy for the past three games. If this team can get their pass rush going again to help mask their depleted secondary, another deep playoff run is not out of the question.

8. Philadelphia Eagles - I had a hard time putting the Giants in front of the Eagles after the Eagles beat them last week, but Mike Vick is too shaky. He's a turnover machine and this offense hasn't gelled at all in any of their 5 games. Their defense however is one of the top units in the league and if Mike Vick can somehow get his turnover problem fixed watch out.

9. Arizona Cardinals - This team has a top 3 defensive unit in the league. The problem is that their offense is horrid. So far they've won 4 games almost solely on stellar defensive play, and that's a testament to how good this defense is. The party seems to be coming to an end though. Unless Larry Fitzgerald finds a way to start throwing the ball to himself I don't think this team will produce enough offense to consistently win. They're still at least one very good year of rebuilding on offense.

10. Minnesota Vikings - 4-1 doesn't lie, this team is playing lights out right now. Their defense is aggressive and fast with a good mix of youth and veterans. This team may finally have their QB of the future in Christian Ponder and this offense has some key pieces in place. So far they have been playing great football and it wouldn't shock me if they continued to hang in contention until the very end.

Honorable mentions - Pittsburgh Steelers, Green Bay Packers, San Diego Chargers, Seattle Seahawks, St. Louis Rams, Cincinnati Bengals, Denver Broncos
renndawg37

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. San Francisco 49ers
2. Houston Texans
3. New England Patriots
4. Atlanta Falcons
5. Baltimore Ravens
6. Chicago Bears
7. Pittsburgh Steelers
8. Denver Broncos
9. New York Giants
10. Philadelphia Eagles

Just missed: Vikings, Cardinals, Packers, Chargers

Zach Brown
George Wilson
Falastine

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Food for thought:

Quote:
With the best single-game performance by any team so far this year, the San Francisco 49ers this week leap ahead of the rest of the league and into the top spot of the Football Outsiders DVOA ratings. The 49ers' rating for Weeks 1-5 is so strong that it overwhelms their (now clearly erroneous) mediocre preseason forecast so that they are also No. 1 in our DAVE ratings. The DVOA gap between the 49ers and the No. 2 Houston Texans is larger than the gap between the Texans and No. 10 Seattle. Surprisingly, the 49ers are dominating even though our prediction of regression towards the mean does seem to be coming true in one area: San Francisco is currently only 24th on special teams. If that unit comes around, they'll be even better.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2012/week-5-dvoa-ratings
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So can yall leave me the hell alone now about the Falcons at 8 and the 49ers at 5 behind the Giants? Laughing

Free Ray Rice
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
So can yall leave me the hell alone now about the Falcons at 8 and the 49ers at 5 behind the Giants? Laughing

Uh.......no?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TY to all who ranked the Steelers so high (as in making the top 10 at all). I certainly wouldn't even rank them in the top half of the league.

Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth but the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Falcons (undefeated even if they narrowly escaped from a bad Raiders team)
2. Bears (highest net points in the NFL, dominating the competition, nasty, nasty D)
3. Texans (stumbled against the Pack, but they are still the best in the AFC
4. Giants (may be turning a corner)
5. Ravens (lucky to beat Dallas, but a wins a win)
6. 49ers (Alex Smith is still Alex Smith)
7. Packers (don't look now, but the Packers may be finding their way again)
8. Seahawks (dominating defense shows again the best defense beats the best offense)
9. Vikings? (somebody has to be #9, the Eagles don't want to be)
10. Honestly there is no team deserving of the #10 ranking

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.
ECPackers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
2. Bears (highest net points in the NFL, dominating the competition, nasty, nasty D)
8. Seahawks (dominating defense shows again the best defense beats the best offense)

lol...this was funny.

but pretty accurate... i think the texans and maybe giants should be ahead of the bears. but that rounds out the top 4 anyways...

vikings are super pretenders, lets just break off the affair now.
Bucks
Badgers
JLaurinaitis_55

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my rankings after Week 6.. tonight's Monday night game doesn't affect my top 10
1. Falcons
2. Texans
3. Giants
4. 49ers
5. Bears
6. Ravens
7. Patriots
8. Packers
9. Seahawks
10. Vikings

Welcome to St. Louis Austin, Ogletree, Bailey, Mcdonald, Stacy, McGee, and Jones
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Last Week)

1(2). Bears
2(4). Giants
3(7). Eagles
4(5). 49ers
5(1). Texans
6(3). Ravens
7(6). Patriots
8(9). Packers
9(8). Falcons
10(10). Seahawks

I'm sure where I'm going to hear the most crap is Philly at #3. Especially when I had them 7 last week. I decided I am going to base this on the complete picture rather than just where they are right now. I think if Foles starts over Vick and they run the ball more than they throw, you have a potential NFC championship team. Even if you keep in Vick and just run the ball more I think you have a pretty damn good team.

How do I justify the Texans still being ahead of the Packers? It's tough but I still think the Packers really have only one dimension. And while they pistol whipped Houston, I still feel like Houston is better equipped to go far in January with their abilty to run, their efficient passing game, and pass rushers.

Ravens drop to six because their defense has been pretty bad. And with Lewis and Webb done for the year, Suggs coming back soon but in an unknown capacity, and Ngata banged up, I can no longer ignore the numbers and say at least we have all these playmakers. But we still have a really nice offense. So with our running game and our explosiveness I have us ahead of the other offense-only teams.

Free Ray Rice
Ketchup

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
The Bears haven't faced a team with a winning record as it stands right now. They have faced 2 teams with a .500 record and one of those teams gave them a whupping. Obviously i don't like th Bears and i think you overate your QB by a good margin BUT they have dominated the competition that has been put in front of them outside that Packer game and that's all you can ask. Would put them around 3-4. Overall, can't argue to much with the rankings. One thing is for sure for us, it's going to be a dog fight in the North this year. Should be fun.

Kempes on the custom sig!
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
The Bears haven't faced a team with a winning record as it stands right now.

I think we can agree that the Jags suck, and the Bears curbstomped them. The Cowboys are 2-2 apart from the Bears game and they beat the Giants, and the Bears blew them out. Indy is 2-2 apart from the Bears game, and they beat the Packers, and the Bears blew Indy out. St. Louis is 3-2 minus the Bears game, and they beat the Skins, Seahawks, and Cardinals...and the Bears blew them out.

So, they blew out three teams with .500 or better records apart from their games against the Bears. It's true they haven't beaten an "elite" team, but they'll play Houston and San Fran back to back in about a month.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 8 of 57

Jump to: