Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Give Me Your Top 10 Power Ranking...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
Bohlmann20 wrote:
1. San Fransisco 49's
2. Houston Texans
3. Green Bay Packers

4. Baltimore Ravens
5. New England Patriots
6. New York Giants
7. Pittsburgh Steelers

8. Denver Broncos
9. Atlanta Falcons

10. Detroit Lions

Horrible.

Detroit in the top 10 and not Philly? Really?

Not being a homer at all, but we absolutely should be in the top 10 right now, seeing as we're 2-0 and just beat Baltimore.

Plain and simple you guys are not good as 2-0 would indicate and just as easily could be 0-2.

...So a team we JUST beat should ahead of us and all the way at #4? And Detroit just as easily could be 0-2, but they're 1-1... worse than 2-0. The Giants could just as easily be 0-2 as well, they barley pulled out the win against the Bucs. So your logic there is flawed big time. People need to stop hating on the Eagles, no ones saying they're a "Dynasty" or going to the Super Bowl but they deserve at the very least a spot in the top 10 for being 2-0 and beating a team that was top 5 heading into last week.

Detroit barely lost to the best team in the league while missing some key players. Philly has narrowly won two games they very easily could have (and probably should have) lost. Detroit is a questionable top 10 team right now, but that doesn't mean Philly is a definite top 10 team.

Sig by Smack

2014 ADOPT-A-LION: DEVIN TAYLOR
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
Bohlmann20 wrote:
1. San Fransisco 49's
2. Houston Texans
3. Green Bay Packers

4. Baltimore Ravens
5. New England Patriots
6. New York Giants
7. Pittsburgh Steelers

8. Denver Broncos
9. Atlanta Falcons

10. Detroit Lions

Horrible.

Detroit in the top 10 and not Philly? Really?

Not being a homer at all, but we absolutely should be in the top 10 right now, seeing as we're 2-0 and just beat Baltimore.

Plain and simple you guys are not good as 2-0 would indicate and just as easily could be 0-2.

...So a team we JUST beat should ahead of us and all the way at #4? And Detroit just as easily could be 0-2, but they're 1-1... worse than 2-0. The Giants could just as easily be 0-2 as well, they barley pulled out the win against the Bucs. So your logic there is flawed big time. People need to stop hating on the Eagles, no ones saying they're a "Dynasty" or going to the Super Bowl but they deserve at the very least a spot in the top 10 for being 2-0 and beating a team that was top 5 heading into last week.

Detroit barely lost to the best team in the league while missing some key players. Philly has narrowly won two games they very easily could have (and probably should have) lost. Detroit is a questionable top 10 team right now, but that doesn't mean Philly is a definite top 10 team.

Detroit barley beat the Rams
Eagles barley beat the Browns

Eagles beat the Ravens'
Lions lost to 49ers, it was 20-9 when we knew the 49ers would win, really wasn't too close. When you need to use an onside kick it's really not a "close" game like the Eagles game was.

Why "should" we have lost? If you want to take a loss to the 49ers over a win against the Ravens that's fine, your just a blind homer then. I find it hilarious that the Eagles aren't getting credit for beating the Ravens because it was close? The fact we had 9 turnovers and are still 2-0 only makes us higher in a power ranking, because if you think the Eagles are going to have 72 TOs this year then you need a reality check.

EDIT: and I'm surprised I'm, even in this situation where I have to vehemently defend them, because I agree they probably aren't a little worse than their 2-0 record suggest. That being said I cannot see how anyone could name 10 teams that right now are better than them off of what we've seen so far.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bohlmann20 wrote:
I watched the Philly-Baltimore game and they are not a top ten team until they get that offense together.

The #1 offense (edit: by YPG) in the league needs to get it together? Turnovers, maybe, but every team in the league wishes their biggest issue was stupid mistakes.

Last edited by WhackyPlague on Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
DetroitSpirit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhackyPlague wrote:
Bohlmann20 wrote:
I watched the Philly-Baltimore game and they are not a top ten team until they get that offense together.

The #1 offense in the league needs to get it together? Turnovers, maybe, but every team in the league wishes their biggest issue was stupid mistakes.

#1 offense according to who?
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitSpirit wrote:
WhackyPlague wrote:
Bohlmann20 wrote:

The #1 offense in the league needs to get it together? Turnovers, maybe, but every team in the league wishes their biggest issue was stupid mistakes.

#1 offense according to who?

Yards per game. On second thought I should probably clarify that so I don't look like a doofus Laughing
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. 49ers
2. Texans
3. Packers
4. Patriots
5. Eagles
6. Ravens
7. Pittsburgh
8. Atlanta
9. Lions
10. Chargers/Broncos

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 53 Sacks: 3 FF: 2 Interceptions: 0
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. 49ers (2-0)- Despite two one-score wins, they appeared far stronger than either formidable opponents.
2. Texans (2-0)- Blown out two bad teams. I look forward to their first challenge.
3. Packers (1-1)- They ripsticked the Bears and appear to have a much stronger D than last season
4. Eagles (2-0)- Won two games by two combined points. If they stop playing sloppy they should start defecating on opponents (not literally)
5. Falcons (2-0)- Not the easiest games but they kicked some butt.
6. Pats (1-1)- Perplexing loss, is Bill's beef with Welker going to be bigger than the team?
7. Broncos (1-1)- Very strong roster, a couple mistakes away from beating the Falcons tonight.
8. Steelers (1-1)- Rumors of their exaggerations are greatly demised.
9. Ravens (1-1)- Will they be able to get a consistent pass rush this season?
10. Chargers (2-0)- I'm willing to give Rivers and friends the benefit of the doubt. Their moves on defense this offseason were great and Rivers looks good again. Will their coach be their demise?

HM (no order): Bills (1-1), Bears (1-1), Cowboys (1-1), Cardinals (2-0), Seahawks (1-1), Giants (1-1), Bengals (1-1)

Meco

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any list that doesn't have Philly is a joke. Simple as that. Turnovers need to be ironed out but their roster is loaded with talent. Hell, Darnell Dockett said that based off of the tape from last week the Eagles are the best team in the league. If you think Philly doesn't belong you need to get with the program.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...now that we got the Monday game out of the way...

1] San Francisco 49ers - The passing game can be a crutch to lean on, the run game is outstanding, the defense is unbelievable...not a glaring weakness to really attribute to this team.

2] Atlanta Falcons - My goodness, is this team in high gear or what? That game was over by halftime yesterday, that D took advantage of every miscue and they let the foot off the gas in the 2nd half.

3] Houston Texans - You can question the level of competetion, but it isn't as if they get to dictate the schedule. Two 20 point victories in two weeks is impressive, no matter who you play at this level.

4] Green Bay Packers - This D is starting to get back into form, led by Mr. CMIII. The offense is starting to find some sort of balance, and needs to press forward with some semblance of balance to win later on in the year.

5] San Diego Chargers - And they get Ryan Mathews and Antonio Gates back this week. This should bode well for an O that has found it's form early on.

6] New England Patriots - They were a shanked FG away from being MUCH higher on the list, and while people are quick to attack the level of the Cardinals, they're equally quick to forget this team went 7-2 in the home stretch last season. Cards are good, folks...we shouldn't let the name lull us into discounting the Pats.

7] Philidelphia Eagles - It honestly scares me putting them here, but 2-0 is 2-0. You can only live by the seat of your pants for so long before the bottom falls out. Either this team is MUCH better than this, or MUCH worse. No middle ground here.

8] Baltimore Ravens - That loss was a rough one, but the win on Monday night was too impressive for me to drop them too far. The inconsistency of this team is their calling card, and for them to take that next step, they've GOT to figure that out.

9] New York Giants - That Dallas game was a hot mess, and Tampa Bay was looking like an even hotter mess, but Eli reached into his magic bag of tricks and went to "fling and sling" mode, which has won SBs in the past.

10] Denver Broncos - Peyton isn't one to let a performance like this dictate his season, but it is concerning. I'd surmise this will lead to Manning spending OT hours, throwing to his guys and getting on the same page, which can lead to a better outing next go-round.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers are too high on most of these lists. I say around 5 right now the way we're playing

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool

#JDI
baconrad3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like Baltimore is getting more credit from that game than we are, even though we win despite turning it over 4 times. We basically GAVE them the game, and yet they STILL couldn't beat us. That says just as much about Baltimore as it does about us.

First, it may indicate that Baltimore is not the superpower everybody thought they were. If they couldn't a team that is supposedly not even top 10 who gave them the ball 4 times, then they have some major issues here that people for some reason refuse to see.

Who cares if we could have lost that game? We didn't. The fact that we overcame such adversity to win says a ton about this team. All those turnovers and injuries, yet we STILL won. Our offensive line was in freaking shambles that game!

Like RMIB said, we're not going to turn it over 4.5 times a game this year, which will obviously make us even more dangerous.

I realize people are hesitant to give us any credit right now, because of our gigantic flop last year. But I'm telling you, this team has finally put it together. We are 1000x better than last year.

The Lions got dominated in that 49ers game, plain and simple. That was not a close game, FWIW. I don't get at all how you can say they are better than the Eagles right now.

Fact is, they played an elite team and got beat pretty easily. We played an elite team and won. Plain and simple.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Pugger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
Packers are too high on most of these lists. I say around 5 right now the way we're playing

I don't know if I'd put us #5. I'd say 7 or 8 until our offense comes around and our defense can show it can play like they did on Thursday night again.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles fans, relax. It's only two weeks in. Some people aren't sold on your team right now and rightfully so. The propensity they have for turning the ball over should be a lot more alarming for you guys than you think. Yes, I admit, it's scary what they could do without them, but the fact remains that they have to cut down on the turnovers. You simply cannot get that lucky 3 games in a row.

Simply put, the Eagles belong in the top 10 right now, but I'm still putting them in the 6-9 range.

Just stay calm, and let the season go on. There's even a couple of Packer fans in here being humble. I can't believe I'm saying this, but you Eagles fans should take from their example.

I dont debate with KoS anymore. Period. I am at too much of a disadvantage when the person I am debating with isnt bound by reality like I am. Wink
MilleniumD2000

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
I feel like Baltimore is getting more credit from that game than we are, even though we win despite turning it over 4 times. We basically GAVE them the game, and yet they STILL couldn't beat us. That says just as much about Baltimore as it does about us.

First, it may indicate that Baltimore is not the superpower everybody thought they were. If they couldn't a team that is supposedly not even top 10 who gave them the ball 4 times, then they have some major issues here that people for some reason refuse to see.

Who cares if we could have lost that game? We didn't. The fact that we overcame such adversity to win says a ton about this team. All those turnovers and injuries, yet we STILL won. Our offensive line was in freaking shambles that game!

Like RMIB said, we're not going to turn it over 4.5 times a game this year, which will obviously make us even more dangerous.

I realize people are hesitant to give us any credit right now, because of our gigantic flop last year. But I'm telling you, this team has finally put it together. We are 1000x better than last year.

The Lions got dominated in that 49ers game, plain and simple. That was not a close game, FWIW. I don't get at all how you can say they are better than the Eagles right now.

Fact is, they played an elite team and got beat pretty easily. We played an elite team and won. Plain and simple.

History shows the Eagles were very fortunate to have beat the Ravens. Dating back to 2000, the Ravens are 58-1 when +2 in turnover differential. Don't get me wrong the Eagles did what they had to do to win but Cam Cameron and Dean Pees were the main culprits. The Ravens were 0/6 passing on 3rd and 4th down plays of 2 or less yards to go. Not once did they run the ball on critical short downs.

Rushing 3 against Vick on pretty much all 3rd and long plays was another huge mistake. Pees failed to make any ajustments. Brent Celek killed us the whole game because of Pees inability to play man to man and blitz. The few times we actually did play man to man and blitz, Vick either got sacked, hit while releasing the ball or hurried. You guys won but I really wouldn't beat my chest about it. I really hope we see you guys again in February.
Meco

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are saying the Eagles "are fortunate" to win those games like they lucked out. That simply isn't the case. The Eagles turned the ball over more, yes. But they're beating themselves, the Browns and Ravens didn't have any business being in the game. Hell, in the Ravens game the Eagles turned the ball over 3 times in the red-zone. The Eagles are putting more points on the board despite turnovers, they're moving the ball and they're making more stops on defense. Should've blown the doors off of the Browns and Ravens.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 2 of 57

Jump to: