Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Give Me Your Top 10 Power Ranking...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
Bohlmann20 wrote:
1. San Fransisco 49's
2. Houston Texans
3. Green Bay Packers

4. Baltimore Ravens
5. New England Patriots
6. New York Giants
7. Pittsburgh Steelers

8. Denver Broncos
9. Atlanta Falcons

10. Detroit Lions

Horrible.

Detroit in the top 10 and not Philly? Really?

Not being a homer at all, but we absolutely should be in the top 10 right now, seeing as we're 2-0 and just beat Baltimore.

Plain and simple you guys are not good as 2-0 would indicate and just as easily could be 0-2.

...So a team we JUST beat should ahead of us and all the way at #4? And Detroit just as easily could be 0-2, but they're 1-1... worse than 2-0. The Giants could just as easily be 0-2 as well, they barley pulled out the win against the Bucs. So your logic there is flawed big time. People need to stop hating on the Eagles, no ones saying they're a "Dynasty" or going to the Super Bowl but they deserve at the very least a spot in the top 10 for being 2-0 and beating a team that was top 5 heading into last week.

I don't think Detroit should be in the top 10 either. I was merely responding to someone whining about their team's placement simply using record and nothing else.

Trust in the 4Bs: Ben, Bell, Blount and Brown!
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
People are saying the Eagles "are fortunate" to win those games like they lucked out. That simply isn't the case. The Eagles turned the ball over more, yes. But they're beating themselves, the Browns and Ravens didn't have any business being in the game. Hell, in the Ravens game the Eagles turned the ball over 3 times in the red-zone. The Eagles are putting more points on the board despite turnovers, they're moving the ball and they're making more stops on defense. Should've blown the doors off of the Browns and Ravens.

On paper according to the media maybe.

The Browns and Ravens defense forced turnovers on defense which allowed them to keep it close.

The Eagles should have blown everyone away last year too, right?

The game isn't played on paper. It's the NFL, not many games are blow outs man.

If our offense from game 2 had shown up in game 1, YOU would have been blown out.

If our defense from game 2 had shown up in game 1, WE would have been blown out.

Any given Sunday my man... Any given Sunday.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
People are saying the Eagles "are fortunate" to win those games like they lucked out. That simply isn't the case. The Eagles turned the ball over more, yes. But they're beating themselves, the Browns and Ravens didn't have any business being in the game. Hell, in the Ravens game the Eagles turned the ball over 3 times in the red-zone. The Eagles are putting more points on the board despite turnovers, they're moving the ball and they're making more stops on defense. Should've blown the doors off of the Browns and Ravens.

Wait... So you're telling me it WASNT lucky that an UDFA Rookie LB who already picked off Vick dropped an EASIER interception one play before the touchdown reception?! Again, you guys could have EASILY been 1-1 or 0-2. Proclaiming there was no luck involved just simply shows you haven't been there before as an Eagles fan. I'm not saying Eagles fans haven't been there but you yourself haven't.

Trust in the 4Bs: Ben, Bell, Blount and Brown!
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
Meco wrote:

Wait... So you're telling me it WASNT lucky that an UDFA Rookie LB who already picked off Vick dropped an EASIER interception one play before the touchdown reception?! Again, you guys could have EASILY been 1-1 or 0-2. Proclaiming there was no luck involved just simply shows you haven't been there before as an Eagles fan. I'm not saying Eagles fans haven't been there but you yourself haven't.

I agree, and we also could have won both our games by far more than 1 point.

At this stage of the season, it's too hard to separate lucky teams and good teams to get riled up about it.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.) 49ers......by a big margin right now

2.) Houston.....practically the same type of team as San Fran, just not as good.

3.) Atlanta....defense looked really good against of the great QBs of all time, only reason it wasn't so bad the 2nd half is cause it seemed like they sat back and milked the lead

4.) New England...they played awful against a very underrated team, lost one of their best weapons, and was a shanked chip shot of a kick away from winning.

5.) Ravens...Could easily be switched back and forth with New England. If these teams played 10 times I think it could easily be 5-5.

6.) Green Bay....just don't look like the same offense we saw last year. Still, its early in the season and they are a great team with a great coach, should be fine.

7.) San Diego...offense has been doing its job and the team as whole seems pretty good.

8.) Giants....Eli and the giants just always seem to find a way to win, true characteristic of a championship team.

9.) Philly....maybe this "dream team" is finally coming together, they should be good, if they can stop turning it over.

10.) Denver....pretty good defense, one of the best ever "manning" the offense Wink , can't go wrong with that.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it comical that teams from last season like the Giants, Falcons ,Lions ,49ers, etc, were praised heavily for close game Victories and 4th QT comebacks but the same philosophy doesn't apply to the 2012 Eagles. People keep pointing out "Luck" and "TO" but don't look at the other side of the coin. The Eagles despite 9 TO (clearly not their best football) still managed to put up 950 yds of offense in the last two games "with" those TO. What would the scores and yardage totals have been without them? Is everyone in here really going to suggest the eagles will continue to turn the ball over 4-5x a game for the rest of the season? What happens when they don't? Despite putting the Eagles defense in horrific field positions with those TO they have still managed to Dominate both weeks. They held a Ravens team to a little over 300 yds of offense after putting up almost 430 on the Bengals and 44pts week 1, but get no credit. As though the defense themselves hasn't accounted for 6 TO as well. The hypocrisy when it's anything eagles related is amusing. It's only week 2 of the regular season so top 10 list are meaningless at this point. Last season the eagles found ways to LOSE 4th qt leads and eventual games (7 in fact). In 2012 thus far it's the complete opposite. Call it luck all you want but in the end you still have to call it 2-0!

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 16 Rec/ 296 Yds/ 3 TD/ 18.5 YPC/
Jaytrajik

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't put the Texans no higher than 3,right behind Atlanta. Yeah I know they're 2-0 and had 2 convincing victories but run defense is still an issue and despite the big blowouts, the offense hasn't quite gotten in sync yet. I can still see some kinks that need to be ironed out like red zone efficiency and opening up more of the passing game. Kubiak definitely needs to take the handcuffs off.

It's easy for me to critique them because I watch every game but I still want to see how they respond against a savvy QB (Has anyone forgotten how Brees shredded this defense last year). Next week against Peyton should at least be a good indicator.

I would go

1. San Francisco 49ers
2. Atlanta Falcons
3. Houston Texans
4. San Diego Chargers
5. Green Bay Packers
6. Philadelphia Eagles
7. Baltimore Ravens
8. Denver Broncos
9. New England Patriots
10. Arizona Cardinals

life is one huge game that infinite awareness has with itself
mrscottso

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
Bohlmann20 wrote:
1. San Fransisco 49's
2. Houston Texans
3. Green Bay Packers

4. Baltimore Ravens
5. New England Patriots
6. New York Giants
7. Pittsburgh Steelers

8. Denver Broncos
9. Atlanta Falcons

10. Detroit Lions

Horrible.

Not being a homer at all, but we absolutely should be in the top 10 right now, seeing as we're 2-0 and just beat Baltimore.

Plain and simple you guys are not good as 2-0 would indicate and just as easily could be 0-2.

Agreed.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Dan Connor is twice the LineBacker that "PWilly" will ever be.
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrscottso wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
Bohlmann20 wrote:
1. San Fransisco 49's
2. Houston Texans
3. Green Bay Packers

4. Baltimore Ravens
5. New England Patriots
6. New York Giants
7. Pittsburgh Steelers

8. Denver Broncos
9. Atlanta Falcons

10. Detroit Lions

Horrible.

Agreed.

Your both right they are actually better then what they've showed thus far, imagine that.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 16 Rec/ 296 Yds/ 3 TD/ 18.5 YPC/
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Meco wrote:

On paper according to the media maybe.

If our offense from game 2 had shown up in game 1, YOU would have been blown out.

Any given Sunday my man... Any given Sunday.

Sorry to break it to you but our defense is the reason your offense didn't show up, not cause they aren't capable of playing better
powderblues

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(The best)

1. Giants (still the champs, still could beat the 9ers)
2. 49ers

(Really well rounded teams, pass/run/defense)

3. Falcons
4. Texans
5. Ravens

(Solid teams, some weaknesses)

6. Chargers (Watchout when Gates & Mathews come back)
7. Packers
8. Steelers
9. Eagles
10. Patriots (Injuries, Brady's poor play)

But obviously after week 3 is over we'll know a lot more, since most of these teams will play eachother. So my 6-10 is pretty much a toss up.
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After week 3, RIGHT NOW, not what might/should be later. Assuming a close GB win tonight...if not, swap out GB w/ the Seahawks...

1. Texans
2. ATL
3. AZ (say what you want, they beat 3 quality teams)
4. Ravens
5. Patriots
6. 49ers
7. Packers
8. Broncos (Only lost to 2 top teams; they are a good team)
9. Giants
10. Pickem' between Seahawks, Vikes, Eagles, and Bears

Bottom 5:

T28. Jaguars (Not ready to trust them yet)
T28. Raiders (Team won DESPITE DB issues...impressive)
29. Steelers (Take out Ben, whatcha got? Nothin')
30. Saints (Take out Brees...see above)
31. Titans (Sorry, one win doesn't erase 1st two weeks)
32. Browns (Will climb quickly once Weedon/Richardson get on track)

EDIT: Changed my order...looking at it now, not sure why I had the Giants that high?

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!

Last edited by Ward4HOF on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
tom cody

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After Week 3:

1) Houston
2) Atlanta
3) Arizona
4) Baltimore
5) New York Giants
6) San Francisco
7) Chicago
Cool San Diego
9) Philadelphia
10) Dallas
baconrad3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bite.

1. Houston
2. Atlanta
3. Arizona (yup...3-0 against 3 quality teams, hard to ignore them now)
4. San Francisco
5. NY Giants
6. Baltimore
7. Philadelphia
8. Pittsburgh
9. San Diego
10. New England

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
KingofSTATS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1. Texans
#2. Falcons
#3. 49'ers
#4. Ravens
#5. Eagles
#6. Chargers
#7. Cardinals (feel like im underrating them alot, but in fairness haven't seen much of them, wouldn't argue with anyone who wants to move them up 4 spots, since they did destroy Eagles.)
#8. Cowboys
#9. NE (if the last game's 2nd half is a sign of things to come then i'm underrating them alot Crying or Very sad wont this team just go away)
#10. Vikings

How QB's Should Truly be Judged Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 3 of 57

Jump to: