Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Give Me Your Top 10 Power Ranking...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
powderblues

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Falcons
2. Texans
3. 49ers
4. Ravens

5. Eagles (They just win close games, good playoff sign)
6. Bears (If Cutler continues to play well they could be top 3 with that D)
7. Cardinals (4-0 but never surpassed 400 total yards in any game yet)

8-13. Chargers, Patriots, Packers, Broncos, Steelers, Giants (I have confidence that all these teams except maybe the Broncos can be top 5 in the next few weeks)

I put that Chargers in 8-12 so I'm not being bias, this is my honest opinion, gave some love to the Eagles and Bears that I didn't see much of on this thread.
joru1000

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

01. Texans (assuming they win Monday)
02. 49ers
03. Falcons
04. Ravens
05. Bears
06. Giants
07. Patriots
08. Vikings
09. Cardinals
10. Steelers

Last edited by joru1000 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
scrimmage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Texans
2. 49ers
3. Falcons
4. Ravens
5. Patriots
6. Bears
7. Giants
8. Vikings
9. Cardinals
10. Eagles
Pats#1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.) Texans
2.) Falcons
3.) 49ers
4.) Patriots
5.) Ravens
6.) Eagles
7.) Bears
8.) Giants
9.) Chargers
10.) Broncos

Last edited by Pats#1 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
joru1000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
1.) Texans
2.) 49ers
3.) Falcons
4.) Patriots
5.) Ravens
6.) Eagles
7.) Bears
8.) Giants
9.) Chargers
10.) Broncos

The Eagles at 6. The Chargers at 9. The Patriots at 4, but no love to the 4-1 Cardinals who beat you guys at home.

Seriously?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are 49ers ranked higher than Falcons?
Pats#1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
1.) Texans
2.) 49ers
3.) Falcons
4.) Patriots
5.) Ravens
6.) Bears
7.) Giants
8.) Chargers
9.) Eagles
10.) Broncos

The Eagles at 6. The Chargers at 9. The Patriots at 4, but no love to the 4-1 Cardinals who beat you guys at home.

Seriously?

Pats played an awful game all around filled with mistakes and still only lost because of a gimme FG that was shanked...lets not get ahead of ourselves. Cardinals just got beat pretty soundly by the rams and were held to only 3 points. The defense is good yes, but the offense is nothing special outside of Fitzgerald. You guys got off to hot start but I don't think it's going to last, especially if the offensive line doesn't work itself out. I think this weeks game is a much more realistic view of the type of team the Cardinals are.

As for the Eagles, not really sure why I put them there. Embarassed Completely forgot about the loss today and the barely beating the browns. Fixed it though.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BladeKor wrote:
How are 49ers ranked higher than Falcons?

I made a mess of this list....def meant to put Falcons ahead of 49ers, and also completely had a brain fart with the eagles.

Must have been half asleep when I made the original Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After week 5: (DISCLAIMER: If the Texans lose tonight to the Jets, they automatically drop to 31st. Laughing )

1. Texans
2. Falcons
3. 49ers
4. Patriots
5. Ravens
6. Giants
7. Vikings
8. Cardinals
9. Bears
10. Rams

Next 5 -- Seahawks, Pack, Eagles, Steelers, Bengals

Until Packer's OL can protect Rodgers, I can't justify a top 10 ranking.

NFC West -- New "best" division in the NFL. Props to SoS and others who's been clamoring about the NFCW before the season. So far, y'all are spot on. Not a lot of O, but D is brutal. NFCN and NFCE are close however. (I refuse to believe Lions are as bad as 1-3 and Redskins had ATL on the ropes before RGIII went out).

Outside of 3 teams, AFC is looking disfunctional at best.

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give it a stab:

1. San Fransisco - Forget about the Vikings game. I know the 49ers have, with the dismantling of the Jets and Bills. 79-3 over the past two weeks!? I don't give a damn who you play in that stretch, that is NASTY. The defense has always been a top tier D...now that offense is starting to creep into that discussion, with a very strong run game paired with a passing game that can do anything you expect a top passing game can do. This team is the best team in the NFL right now.

2. Houston - Hard to drop a team when they're undefeated and have yet to play week 5, but given what the 49ers have done, it's easy. The Texans always have a tough time in primetime away games, so this might be further down the list if the Texans don't show up tonight. Outside of that, there are concerns in the run game...but Houston has many assets to lean on while it gets that part of the game in order.

3. Atlanta - Eve HARDER to drop a team when they're undefeated and HAVE played week 5 (and won) but...again, SF deserves it. They Dirty Birds been showing signs of weakness over the past two weeks. Nobody has been able to grab ahold of that yet, but it seems a loss is in the cards sooner rather than later. Still a very complete team, still able to win games in impressive fashion. Just haven't been able to actually DO so.

4. Patriots - Don't look now, but the NEP now have a run game and a defense. Tom Brady hasn't had this complete of a team since the 16-0 unit, and even that unit didn't have nearly as strong of a run game. I would be shocked if the Pats lose another game this season, and this includes the Dec 2 matchup against Houston in Foxboro.

5. Vikings - Yep. Christian Ponder is playing some safe, efficient football, Percy Harvin is the best offensive player in football, and Adrian Peterson is still running like he's got healthy knees. The defense is getting after the QB and stopping the run; Even though the back end of the D can be exposed by a high powered passing game, this team can find ways to stop any offense.

6. Ravens - I can't put my finger on this team. One minute, they look downright devastating, one minute they look like a very vulnerable team. This is on both sides of the ball, and this up and down happens about 4-5 times a game. Only complete showing they've had was W1, where they looked like a video game team. Outside of that, they've been completely incomplete with each effort.

7. Giants - There are times where this team seems dead in the water, but they rise to the occasion when the game is in striking distance, each and every time. Inconsistent, but they get their act together. Slow starters, but big finishers. I can see another SB run in this teams' future, yes sir.

8. Cardinals - Wowza, this offense is bad. They are San Fran, two years ago. They have a base to build on with that D, but if that D isn't protecting a lead, they aren't as effective. The other side of the ball is in shambles, with only Larry Fitzgerald and Andre Roberts as decent assets. If this team is 14+ down, they probably won't win.

9. Bears - The D has always been good, and always come ready to fight. Tim Jennings is playing some great ball, and Lance Briggs is coming out of hibernation (pun intended). The offense is helter-skelterish, but if they can continue the trend of keeping Jay Cutler upright by using the run game and short drop/quick release passing plays, this team can creep up. Get a quick score, let the defense do their work, get another score, let the D continue, and then sit on the ball with long drives. Chicago can do that, and if they do, they'll be tough to beat.

10. Eagles - The wheels are starting to fall off. This team is only going to go as far as Michael Vick takes them, and Vick is starting to show a LOT of flaws. You can't expect to turn the ball over as much as he does and not lose games, so either he gets that in order stat (and this team wins) or he doesn't get it in order stat (and this team loses). No middle ground here, this team is due for a big winning streak, or a big losing streak.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why no one is ranking the Bears over the Ravens. The Bears' offense looked terrible in that national tv game against the Packers, but they've looked pretty dominant in every other game.

While lackluster showings against weaker teams are nothing new from the Ravens, it's not a good sign going forward with the brutal remaining schedule they have. There is virtually no chance they end up a top 2 team in the AFC. With Ben playing lights out and 2 games against the Steelers remaining, there is a good chance they won't even be the top team in the division soon.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
I don't know why no one is ranking the Bears over the Ravens. The Bears' offense looked terrible in that national tv game against the Packers, but they've looked pretty dominant in every other game.

While lackluster showings against weaker teams are nothing new from the Ravens, it's not a good sign going forward with the brutal remaining schedule they have. There is virtually no chance they end up a top 2 team in the AFC. With Ben playing lights out and 2 games against the Steelers remaining, there is a good chance they won't even be the top team in the division soon.

With me, it depends on how the Bears HC/OC calls the game. If the Bears stick with what works - short drops for Jay Cutler, quick throws out to Marshall and bail out routes to Forte, with a few chances taken deep to Hester or Jeffrey, a steady dose of Forte with Michael Bush not getting too many crucial carries - then yes, this offense is dynamic, because it hides the biggest weakness that the Bears have, the OL in pass protection.

However, if the team goes to "sling 'em" mode, which involves Jay Cutler rolling out or taking deep drops, or if the team starts to hand the ball off to Bush a lot - this team takes a MAJOR step backwards.

This team is built up to be a prototypical WCO, with big targets who can run after the catch, RBs who can catch the ball very well, an OL that can recreated the LOS and form a quick pocket, but not exactly sustain said pocket. If they play within those confines, they should be fine. They start trying to make the highlight reels with big throws from Cutler, they could be in trouble, as that OL could get Cutler murdered.

EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
I'll give it a stab:

1. San Fransisco - Forget about the Vikings game. I know the 49ers have, with the dismantling of the Jets and Bills. 79-3 over the past two weeks!? I don't give a damn who you play in that stretch, that is NASTY. The defense has always been a top tier D...now that offense is starting to creep into that discussion, with a very strong run game paired with a passing game that can do anything you expect a top passing game can do. This team is the best team in the NFL right now.

2. Houston - Hard to drop a team when they're undefeated and have yet to play week 5, but given what the 49ers have done, it's easy. The Texans always have a tough time in primetime away games, so this might be further down the list if the Texans don't show up tonight. Outside of that, there are concerns in the run game...but Houston has many assets to lean on while it gets that part of the game in order.

3. Atlanta - Eve HARDER to drop a team when they're undefeated and HAVE played week 5 (and won) but...again, SF deserves it. They Dirty Birds been showing signs of weakness over the past two weeks. Nobody has been able to grab ahold of that yet, but it seems a loss is in the cards sooner rather than later. Still a very complete team, still able to win games in impressive fashion. Just haven't been able to actually DO so.

4. Patriots - Don't look now, but the NEP now have a run game and a defense. Tom Brady hasn't had this complete of a team since the 16-0 unit, and even that unit didn't have nearly as strong of a run game. I would be shocked if the Pats lose another game this season, and this includes the Dec 2 matchup against Houston in Foxboro.

5. Vikings - Yep. Christian Ponder is playing some safe, efficient football, Percy Harvin is the best offensive player in football, and Adrian Peterson is still running like he's got healthy knees. The defense is getting after the QB and stopping the run; Even though the back end of the D can be exposed by a high powered passing game, this team can find ways to stop any offense.

6. Ravens - I can't put my finger on this team. One minute, they look downright devastating, one minute they look like a very vulnerable team. This is on both sides of the ball, and this up and down happens about 4-5 times a game. Only complete showing they've had was W1, where they looked like a video game team. Outside of that, they've been completely incomplete with each effort.

7. Giants - There are times where this team seems dead in the water, but they rise to the occasion when the game is in striking distance, each and every time. Inconsistent, but they get their act together. Slow starters, but big finishers. I can see another SB run in this teams' future, yes sir.

8. Cardinals - Wowza, this offense is bad. They are San Fran, two years ago. They have a base to build on with that D, but if that D isn't protecting a lead, they aren't as effective. The other side of the ball is in shambles, with only Larry Fitzgerald and Andre Roberts as decent assets. If this team is 14+ down, they probably won't win.

9. Bears - The D has always been good, and always come ready to fight. Tim Jennings is playing some great ball, and Lance Briggs is coming out of hibernation (pun intended). The offense is helter-skelterish, but if they can continue the trend of keeping Jay Cutler upright by using the run game and short drop/quick release passing plays, this team can creep up. Get a quick score, let the defense do their work, get another score, let the D continue, and then sit on the ball with long drives. Chicago can do that, and if they do, they'll be tough to beat.

10. Eagles - The wheels are starting to fall off. This team is only going to go as far as Michael Vick takes them, and Vick is starting to show a LOT of flaws. You can't expect to turn the ball over as much as he does and not lose games, so either he gets that in order stat (and this team wins) or he doesn't get it in order stat (and this team loses). No middle ground here, this team is due for a big winning streak, or a big losing streak.

No changes after yesterday's game, but I wouldn't scoff if someone flip flopped the Texans and Falcons.

Rosstafarian

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I'll give it a stab:

No changes after yesterday's game, but I wouldn't scoff if someone flip flopped the Texans and Falcons.

Falcons have had close wins this year as well. I'm not really sure why the Texans not dominating every single team they play is reason enough to drop them on a power rankings.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Texans
2. Bears
3. 49ers
4. Falcons
5. Ravens
6. Patriots
7. Vikings
8. Giants
9. Eagles
10. Packers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 6 of 57

Jump to: