Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Can We Put The RG3 Over Bradford Thing To Rest
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stl4life07

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Can We Put The RG3 Over Bradford Thing To Rest Reply with quote

Bradford clearly outplayed RG3 yesterday.

Im not in any way saying RG3 didnt have a good game cuz trust me he did but Bradford showed from the 4thQ of the Detriot game (7-9 100+yds 1td and gave the Rams the lead twice) and the entire game against the Redskins (26-35 310yds 3tds 1int to help the Rams overcome a 21-6 lead by the Redskins to ultimately win) that the Rams made the right decision to keep him.

People made so much of what happened to the Rams last season and I thought that 2011 should have been forgotten. Bradford came into the season with little offseason and a system that didnt really fit him or at best was hard to learn in a short period of time. Factor in the fact that Amendola got hurt along with SJ and Bradford himself.

The fact that the Rams have lost their entire left side of the line and Bradford went up against Suh, Vandenbosh, Avril, Kerrigan, and Orakpo and he still is having a fantastic start to the season is showing me it has alot to do with the offensive system and having guys like Amendola and Smith to rely on.

I know its early but can we at least for this time say that Bradford has a legit chance to stand up to whatever defense he is playing. The Bears wont be easy and the Rams I think will probably lose but I dont think it will be cuz of Bradford. I think Bradford will have a successful game and if the Rams are still within striking distance come the 4thQ who knows...maybe the Rams can pull it out.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Can We Put The RG3 Over Bradford Thing To Rest Reply with quote

stl4life07 wrote:

Im not in any way saying RG3 didnt have a good game cuz trust me he did but Bradford showed from the 4thQ of the Detriot game (7-9 100+yds 1td and gave the Rams the lead twice) and the entire game against the Redskins (26-35 310yds 3tds 1int to help the Rams overcome a 21-6 lead by the Redskins to ultimately win) that the Rams made the right decision to keep him.

People made so much of what happened to the Rams last season and I thought that 2011 should have been forgotten. Bradford came into the season with little offseason and a system that didnt really fit him or at best was hard to learn in a short period of time. Factor in the fact that Amendola got hurt along with SJ and Bradford himself.

The fact that the Rams have lost their entire left side of the line and Bradford went up against Suh, Vandenbosh, Avril, Kerrigan, and Orakpo and he still is having a fantastic start to the season is showing me it has alot to do with the offensive system and having guys like Amendola and Smith to rely on.

I know its early but can we at least for this time say that Bradford has a legit chance to stand up to whatever defense he is playing. The Bears wont be easy and the Rams I think will probably lose but I dont think it will be cuz of Bradford. I think Bradford will have a successful game and if the Rams are still within striking distance come the 4thQ who knows...maybe the Rams can pull it out.

Sorry, i'm taking RGIII over Bradford going forward and so is at least 75% of this forum.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Bohlmann20

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Can We Put The RG3 Over Bradford Thing To Rest Reply with quote

stl4life07 wrote:

Except for the fact that the decision wasn't based on how RGIII would look in his second ever game vs. Bradford in his 3rd year.

It's about the future and RGIII, no matter how you spin it, has the brighter future.

I still agree though, that the Rams made the right decision. All the players they drafted + Bradford > RGIII.
S-jax39

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are just a bad as the redskins fans that were overhying rh3 after one game.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Can We Put The RG3 Over Bradford Thing To Rest Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
stl4life07 wrote:

Sorry, i'm taking RGIII over Bradford going forward and so is at least 75% of this forum.

Laughing

Youre a good poster, but I just dont get the logic in the RG3 vs Bradford debate....at least not yet.

RG3 has played TWO GAMES! TWO....and while I wont deny that he has more upside, I think its ridiculous how people have latched onto his sack so early.

Im not knocking anyone for feeling that way....just saying that there are so many people already putting RG3 above Bradford, its ridiculous.

IMO, this shouldnt even really be a comparison until RG3 finishes at least one season.

Then again, there were people saying they would take Luck over Manning, Rivers and Ben, so I guess Im used to ridiculousness regarding unproven potential.
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't blame the Rams at all for passing up on RG3, for all those picks it was worth it, especially considering your not going to give up on the former 1st overall pick and OROY. That being said I would take RGIII going forward without hesitation over Bradford, just has the much brighter future and is already playing as good as Bradford, if not better. Both teams won the trade IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Can We Put The RG3 Over Bradford Thing To Rest Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
stl4life07 wrote:

Laughing

Youre a good poster, but I just dont get the logic in the RG3 vs Bradford debate....at least not yet.

RG3 has played TWO GAMES! TWO....and while I wont deny that he has more upside, I think its ridiculous how people have latched onto his sack so early.

Im not knocking anyone for feeling that way....just saying that there are so many people already putting RG3 above Bradford, its ridiculous.

IMO, this shouldnt even really be a comparison until RG3 finishes at least one season.

Then again, there were people saying they would take Luck over Manning, Rivers and Ben, so I guess Im used to ridiculousness regarding unproven potential.

I hear you on this, however....

I've seen Bradford over a couple years, and i'm just not that impressed with him.

RGIII, as said above, has the brighter future IMO.

I just think he will be a better QB going forward than Bradford will be.

My 70% comment is just how I think the forum would vote for if said vote occured.

It's all opinion, but like I said, Bradford just doesn't impress me that much, and he's been in the league 2 years.

RGIII could end up busting, but after seeing him play in NFL action, I doubt that happens.

El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhh noooo too soon..

I will however get a shout out to my fav QB!!

Sam was 9-9 on 3rd downs yesterday.

Sam Bradford::

4Td's 1 Int 508 yards 8.5 YPA 71.7% 112.4 rating

Hope he can keep this up..

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/shanahan-faces-the-man-he-wanted-in/article_d7830034-1b9e-5453-87a1-f0bf75b1d38d.html

Great article on how Sam was coveted the year he came out.

Some may view Sam as "damaged" goods as of now. They have every right to. He needs to elevate his play.

As for RG.. That kid is scary, he's going to be great. Both teams got the guys they wanted. So in the end it doesn't matter.
RG is the real deal.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Can We Put The RG3 Over Bradford Thing To Rest Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
stl4life07 wrote:

Laughing

I've seen Bradford over a couple years, and i'm just not that impressed with him.

My 70% comment is just how I think the forum would vote for if said vote occured.

It's all opinion, but like I said, Bradford just doesn't impress me that much, and he's been in the league 2 years.

RGIII could end up busting, but after seeing him play in NFL action, I doubt that happens.

Also, i'm not saying that the Skins should have taken RGIII.

Just saying that I think he will be better.

Obviously their ship is attached to Sam for ahwhile after taking him #1.

El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Can We Put The RG3 Over Bradford Thing To Rest Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
stl4life07 wrote:

Laughing

Sam was hurt all of last year. He had a high ankle sprain. He was a sitting duck out there. He finally has a real set of coaches.
Macdaniels last year was trying to peg a square whole into a circle.

Sam showed a very promising future his rookie year.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Can We Put The RG3 Over Bradford Thing To Rest Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
stl4life07 wrote:

Laughing

Sam was hurt all of last year. He had a high ankle sprain. He was a sitting duck out there. He finally has a real set of coaches.
Macdaniels last year was trying to peg a square whole into a circle.

Sam showed a very promising future his rookie year.

WTF?
stl4life07

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the 2nd half the Redskins only scored 7pts...

How many times was RG3 hitting the turf in the 4thQ???

If it wasnt for his escape ability it could have been worst.

I like RG3 alot but the safe option is Bradford.

Like I said Bradford lost his entire left side of his line and wasnt getting touched much of that game.

Now you can say that the Redskins were playing zone and they were but even when they finally did started blitzing Bradford still beat it and made the Redskins pay. I just think that this should be Bradfords breakout season and what do you know...its the 3rd year...dont quarterbacks typically breakout the 3rd year...see Drew Brees as the perfect example.
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Redskins went to man yesterday. Bradford burned them on that TD to Gibby. The man was just on fire yesterday.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both still have a lot to prove. Give each 3 full years, then compare. Too much stock being put in a hand full of games
baconrad3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously Bradford is a better QB right now. RGIII has played in 2 games, whereas this is Bradford's 3rd season.

I would rather have RGIII on my team, considering that he's younger and has a higher ceiling, but Bradford is clearly the better QB at the moment.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 1 of 49

Jump to: