Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs Minnesota Favre-less Vikings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Comes Out On Top?
49ers
79%
 79%  [ 31 ]
Vikings
20%
 20%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 39

Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect Aldon Smith to have a huge game, Ponder seems to try and make things happen with his legs and get outside of the pocket and make plays, I think Aldon will have a chance at a 3+ sack game.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for Minnesota. Not because I think we'll win but I have to give myself some reason to watch this. Minnesota just doesn't match up well with 3-4 Defenses, Elite TE's, and former Vikings. I expect the score to be 34-10 in favor of the 49ers.

FYI: Minnesota actually has an all time record of 20-18-1 against San Francisco.
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:
We've been there before!!!

Harvin and AD are serious weapons, and I like what I have seen from Ponder. (Not much but what I have seen)

What are the strengths and weaknesses of the Vikes?

Strengths:
-The aforementioned duo of AD/Harvin. They are the lifeblood of this offense and can take command of games for long stretches by themselves.
-Pass rush. The front four has gotten off to a rather unceremonious start but I can't see the rust lasting too long. Allen and co. will get the engine revved some time soon; it could be this game. The team tied for 1st in the league in sacks last season.

Weaknesses:
-Ponder. He has gathered himself to make a number of solid plays in the second half of both games this season, but outside of that, he still suffers from the same issues: awful decision-making, poor ball security and discomfort in the pocket. His stats have been decent (and misleading, given that Harvin's superhuman YAC ability) thus far, but he's faced the Colts and the Jaguars. I honestly think you guys will rock him on Sunday.
-Coaching. Harbaugh vs Frazier is a no-contest. Frazier and co. struggle to make adjustments throughout games.
-Linebackers. We have solid run stoppers, but all of our LBs (including Greenway) are rather poor in coverage. I doubt they'll fare well against Vernon Davis, in particular.

I want to offer my congratulations to you guys on having a great team. I really enjoy watching the Niners go to work. Wish we could have Harbaugh and you fellas Frazier. I'm rooting for you guys in the NFC.

Peppers90 on the sig.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we bow down to your genuine greatness, and ask only for a beating this coming week. not a humiliation.

thank you.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
neezy007

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you guys can dump Frazier and Singletary can be your HC? JK I would never wish that on anyone.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
we bow down to your genuine greatness, and ask only for a beating this coming week. not a humiliation.

thank you.

I think it will be pretty close. The only guaranteed blowouts are when you face the Chiefs. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:

thank you.

Damn, this had me rolling!

A friend of mine who coached Bush also said something similar in regards to the Miami game at the end of the season. He is driving to SF from SD and just wants to see Bush do something, but isn't optomisctic to say the least.
mrscottso

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imo the score should be like 35-0 or 35-6.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Dan Connor is twice the LineBacker that "PWilly" will ever be.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrscottso wrote:

we do have a very good kicker, yes.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrscottso wrote:

not very much of jims style though. well unless your tampa

new sig... sorry alex
Gridirongreat#9

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rarely predict scores, but I think this one will be 27-16. We have been hovering around that 30 point mark for a while and I think we keep it there. I think the Viks have a decent enough run game with AP and TG.

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.
Ataal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the only team we completely blew out was the Bucs. Well, unless you count the Steelers game as well. Ben should not have played that game. I'm pretty sure their backup QB(can anyone name him without looking it up? I can't) would have done a better job(protecting the ball would have been much better).

It's not so much that we "play down" to our opponents' level, we just don't rack up the scores when we have a lead. If we're up, we run the clock. I truly, truly believe this is why, at the end of the games, our 3rd down conversions are just plain awful. Well, mostly why, anyway. It is worth mentioning that we often get 1st downs on 1st or 2nd downs. When Gore is going 8 yards every carry, it's pretty easy to do.

This game, and the next, are games I hope we don't overlook. Yeah, the Vikings and Jets aren't the Packers or Lions, but let's not act like we didn't have a hard time against the Bengals, Browns, and to a lesser extent, the Redskins last year. We should have won those games by a ton.

We do pretty good on the road, losing only to the Ravens and Cardinals last year, so I think we win this one. I just think it's going to be fairly close. 24-17 Niners.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Jim doesn't do the Belicheck thing where he runs the score up on people. Besides Tampa of coarse. I used to like coaches who do that but it seems to come back an bite them later. Harbaugh isn't the kind of guy in the league to make friends, and he has run the score up in college, but sometimes I wonder why he gets off the gas. He lets us linger around a little too close for comfort sometimes.

Also any idea why we slaughtered Tampa so badly last year?
Psychlone

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:
Freeman was horrible under duress and we broke Blount. Include three turnovers and a lot of dumb penalties by the Bucs and they just caved.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:
Yeah Jim doesn't do the Belicheck thing where he runs the score up on people. Besides Tampa of coarse. I used to like coaches who do that but it seems to come back an bite them later. Harbaugh isn't the kind of guy in the league to make friends, and he has run the score up in college, but sometimes I wonder why he gets off the gas. He lets us linger around a little too close for comfort sometimes.

my guess is he wanted to embarass Freeman so bad that TB would play his guy Josh Johnson instead

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 2 of 53

Jump to: