Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Interior Olineman (Draft and Free Agency next year)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThatTitansFan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Interior Olineman (Draft and Free Agency next year) Reply with quote

Who's coming up? I don't know anything about this year's draft class.

http://nfltraderumors.co/2013-nfl-free-agents/

I was a big fan of Levitre when he came out, same with Louis Vasquez. Both the Bills and SD are pretty tight against the cap, I believe. Levitre has looked fantastic at times, but keeps getting shifted around the line. Maybe bringing him in and settling him at guard will keep his level of play high (the bills do have a fantastic run game). Vasquez has always looked pretty good, and San Diego has a number of free agents coming up too. Brandon Moore is a lot older, but consistently good. Matt Slauson is younger but looks pretty decent.

At center it looks thin. I would've loved Unger, but he's resigned. Hangartner is old, but he's looked good at guard for Carolina and can play Center. Chris Spencer just got benched.

It's really weak this year at Center. We can get a pretty high level guard in free agency, but it looks like this past year was our chance to snag a top center and we missed it. Hard to see how that hole gets filled. Barret Jones looks like the best out there in the draft, but he can play any position on the line and a team desperate at tackle will likely grab him. No other top level centers beyond that.

Guard is a lot deeper in the draft too.
So that sucks- looks like we can fix our problem at guard in free agency and the draft (maybe get one in both) but it's a weak class at Center and a terrible free agent class there too. Looks like we're stuck with Amano/Velasco for the future, unless we move someone over.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft
1.) Barrett Jones(Alabama) - Best all-around lineman in this draft and the smartest. Very versatile, can play all interior spots and RT. Probably could play LT as well but his best spot would be LG.

2.) Chance Warmack(Alabama) - Very powerful and does something our interior doesnt, Run Block. Can handle both bigger NT's and quicker DT's.

3.) Jonathan Cooper(North Carolina) - Alot like Warmack. Big and powerful. Also has alot of experience as he has started all 4 years.

4.) Travis Frederick(Wisconsin)
5.) Larry Warford(Kentucky)

That's my top 5 interior O-Line prospects right now.
seminoles1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Warmack the best, but I feel like getting a new C is the absolute key. They need a leader in the middle who isn't an idiot.

I wish they would have just drafted DeCastro and Konz. I like Wright and have high hopes for Brown, but I was all for completely re-doing the interior O-Line in the draft.

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Draft
1.) Barrett Jones(Alabama) - Best all-around lineman in this draft and the smartest. Very versatile, can play all interior spots and RT. Probably could play LT as well but his best spot would be LG.

2.) Chance Warmack(Alabama) - Very powerful and does something our interior doesnt, Run Block. Can handle both bigger NT's and quicker DT's.

3.) Jonathan Cooper(North Carolina) - Alot like Warmack. Big and powerful. Also has alot of experience as he has started all 4 years.

4.) Travis Frederick(Wisconsin)
5.) Larry Warford(Kentucky)

That's my top 5 interior O-Line prospects right now.

Frederick is playing like poo this year. The question in my eyes is was he a product of what was surrounding him (Zeitler, the 1st rounder for Cincy, and Konz)?

Also, Jones couldn't play LT, he'd be horribly overmatched against speed rushers. DJ Fluker would be a great pick if we needed a tackle.

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
I like Warmack the best, but I feel like getting a new C is the absolute key. They need a leader in the middle who isn't an idiot.

I wish they would have just drafted DeCastro and Konz. I like Wright and have high hopes for Brown, but I was all for completely re-doing the interior O-Line in the draft.

Konz had all sorts of injury problems in college so I'm not so sure about that one. He was clearly the best C in the draft as long as he stays healthy. Vlachos could still be good there too, he just needs a little time to develop.

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: