Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NBC's Revolution series
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoxSox2004

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's got potential, but the acting is horrible. After Dexter and Homeland, it's hard to watch.
Dwight_Schrute

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunnygsm wrote:
This show is terrible, it's not going to last long at all.

So far, so good. It got a full season pick up.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118060181.html?cmpid=RSS%7CNews%7CLatestNews&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
sunnygsm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwight_Schrute wrote:
sunnygsm wrote:
This show is terrible, it's not going to last long at all.

So far, so good. It got a full season pick up.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118060181.html?cmpid=RSS%7CNews%7CLatestNews&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I made an effort to rewatch the last two episodes (which i'd kinda turned off). The third episode was interesting, did a good job setting things up for the next while. I still think some parts of it are just bad, acting is a big one.

^Kempes
Tooki

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind the plot as much now that they have opened it up.

But the acting is still crud. The lead actresses makes me want to bang my head. When she tries to act tough, I can't help but chuckle a bit. She just can't pull it off.

I'm surprised that Miles hasn't backhanded her yet though.
Ataal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a huge, huge sci-fi fan. While Revolution isn't your cookie-cutter sci-fi show, it seems like that's the audience they were going for.

The acting is alright. I'd say it's better acting than The Walking Dead at times. But, there you go. Sci-fi is not known for quality acting. Which is why I think the audience for this show was not meant to be acting snobs. Most people like boring drama or reality TV shows. No clue why, but they do. You can't pay top actors and actresses in a niche market.

There are a lot of things(mostly logic stuff) that I have a problem with in this show, but I like the idea that we don't know why or how the power went out yet. That's what keeps you watching. How many seasons did it take to figure out how a polar bear got onto the island and what the hell the smoke monster thing was in Lost? It's by design. I would have turned Lost off in the first season if they would have explained everything right off the bat and didn't do a whole bunch of flashback stuff to fill in holes. We will see more flashback stuff in Revolution. They've already started doing it, showing Miles killing for the first time and implying why he felt the militia was a good idea at the time.

I look forward to each episode.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was a pretty good fall finale last night that will keep interested to watch it for the rest of the season.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll keep watching, and my wife likes it, business what really bothers me:

15 year later, all the clothes look like new
15 years later, a helicopter is in perfect working order
15 years of nothing electronic, and they can build highly technical machines without batting an eye

Stuff like that just irks me.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first new episode since November I thought was pretty good. Had to remember all that went on since the last show but I liked it.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the episode, but damn it was predictable.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone still watch this?

PM sig requests.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Anyone still watch this?

The wife and I are, and I actually think the writing has improved some so far this year. It's also been on a smaller scale, which is something I think they needed to do, at least for a 5-6 episode run.

JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Anyone still watch this?

The wife and I are, and I actually think the writing has improved some so far this year. It's also been on a smaller scale, which is something I think they needed to do, at least for a 5-6 episode run.

I agree. Also, me and my lady were talking about it last night when we watched last week's episode but what do you think of Tom Neville as a villain? I just think his character is... well really good both acted and written. I think he's one of the better villains I've seen in a recent TV show.

It's a show I've never really taken too seriously (b/c you can't w/ Sifi) and I kept expecting a letdown but have yet to really get there. So far, I like it. Good action scenes, good one-liners, average story line, good characters but it progresses well. The US came in w/ full force this season. I wasn't expecting that at all. I know when they ended last season, the US would be in play but I didn't expect it to be like this.

PM sig requests.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Anyone still watch this?

I agree. Also, me and my lady were talking about it last night when we watched last week's episode but what do you think of Tom Neville as a villain? I just think his character is... well really good both acted and written. I think he's one of the better villains I've seen in a recent TV show.

It's a show I've never really taken too seriously (b/c you can't w/ Sifi) and I kept expecting a letdown but have yet to really get there. So far, I like it. Good action scenes, good one-liners, average story line, good characters but it progresses well. The US came in w/ full force this season. I wasn't expecting that at all. I know when they ended last season, the US would be in play but I didn't expect it to be like this.

Giancarlo Esposito is the man. His reply while being interrogated after being found out why they can trust him was the best acted scene of the entire series to date. I thought they made Neville a bit too much like a comic book villain in season one, but I love where his storyline it's going now. The only character in the show I don't especially care for at this time is the daughter Matheson (can't think of her name at the moment).

JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Anyone still watch this?

Giancarlo Esposito is the man. His reply while being interrogated after being found out why they can trust him was the best acted scene of the entire series to date. I thought they made Neville a bit too much like a comic book villain in season one, but I love where his storyline it's going now. The only character in the show I don't especially care for at this time is the daughter Matheson (can't think of her name at the moment).

I was completely unaware of him until this show. I mean, I've seen other things he's been in but I didn't remember him. I do agree w/ the scene you described. His character in general is just the best acted scene. IMO, the perfect villain. They did make it very comic booky, I agree. I think that had a lot to do w/ setting up his past as a docile, mild-mannered guy who quietly hated everything and then just erupting into the person he was. I think they could've done better w/ it but I didn't mind it overall. Glad it's out of the way though haha.

You don't like Charlie? Sucks b/c she's a main character haha. I don't mind her and can find her a little annoying at times but she integral for the shows continuance so we're just going to have to live w/ her for a while at least. It's going to be interesting to see if her and Monroe work together for long. Why she split from the group was always something that never settled well w/ me but whatever, I don't expect everything in TV shows to make sense.

PM sig requests.
ohiogenius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The girl cant act for crap.

Also I love how the patriots come back in and would 'save' people. if something like this happened in real life you know the government would pull stuff like that.

This show is better watched in marathon formats. Trying to watch it weekly and its hard to keep interest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: