Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NBC's Revolution series
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do they show everyone using swords in the commercials? What's stopping people from using guns?
Ketchup

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
Why do they show everyone using swords in the commercials? What's stopping people from using guns?
The Monroe republic has taken control over all fire arms. It is illegal to have a fire arm of any sort and is punishable by death.

Kempes on the custom sig!
Tooki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main actresses is....urgh. Looks nice and all, but please don't act sweetie.

Also it's good to see an Aussie on the show (the blonde British lass).

It'll get cancelled, but the premise is nice. Shame the execution is flawed.
FuhZee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the first episode, didn't what's his face say 'it's going off and never coming back on'. If that's the case, why did he take the time to upload the info to the USB? Wouldn't it just be knocked out by the worldwide EMP? And if the power is going off and never coming back on, why even upload it to the drive when you'll never be able to retrieve it? Also, it makes no sense that there isn't a United States considering there was government before electricity, you know?
DolphWins

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pilot was pretty bad. Some random low rank military guy is going to be running everything. Sword fights and acting were horrible. If Jericho couldnt pull off more than 1.5 seasons I dont see this lasting too long. But then again all the good shows get canceled while the trash lasts multiple seasons so who knows.

Adopt a Dolphwin - Lamar Miller
157 Rush - 628 Yards - 4.0 Avg - 2 TD [] 25 Rec - 166 Yards
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
The premise is lame? I think its freaking awesome. The world would go CRAZY if everything electrical just stopped working. This show has potential, the shooting scenes were a little much though. When people got shot with an arrow they flew off their feet Laughing

Moreso how it happened than the premise itself.

It just seems like one of those shows doesnt have the steam to last long. I dont think that premise will hold up well for more than a season or 2. It might be okay as a movie or miniseries, but TV series?

The acting, however, may kill the show before it makes it that far.

I actually agree. There comes a point where it will get stale if you don't turn the electricity back on. If you do, what do you do?

Plus the entire premise of electricity and batteries just no longer working...come on. What was it...a giant EMP explosion?

Still, I've been watching the show and it's entertaining so I'll stick with it.

As long as a show entertains me, I'll watch it. I'm not going to whine over the acting.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Tooki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FuhZee wrote:
In the first episode, didn't what's his face say 'it's going off and never coming back on'. If that's the case, why did he take the time to upload the info to the USB? Wouldn't it just be knocked out by the worldwide EMP? And if the power is going off and never coming back on, why even upload it to the drive when you'll never be able to retrieve it? Also, it makes no sense that there isn't a United States considering there was government before electricity, you know?

I don't think that it is an EMP. That would make the whole premise bullcrap. I think that it is some kind of phenomena that deactivates every electronic thing.

And what I think happened was that the guy who uploaded the data knew what was going to happen. He also probably knew that the little device could reactivate electronic devices on a small scale, but only that.

And once a government loses nationwide control, the state goes into anarchy. Especially outside of the cities.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was interesting, the side characters are possibly more interesting than the main characters, but there are some interesting story lines going on right now, it will really depend on if they can continue the development of the main characters or not for this show to work.

49ersfan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the show would have been much more interesting if it immediately followed the power outage and showed the chaos that ensued. But now we jump forward 15 years and tbh the show has been pretty boring so far. I think it lost a massive amount of its potential.

And the acting is so bad its distracting. I normally don't care about it but for the entire cast i wouldn't even say its average. Only guy i really like is Giancarlo Esposito (Gus from Breaking Bad).
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
sunnygsm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This show is terrible, it's not going to last long at all.

^Kempes
Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DolphWins wrote:
Pilot was pretty bad. Some random low rank military guy is going to be running everything. Sword fights and acting were horrible. If Jericho couldnt pull off more than 1.5 seasons I dont see this lasting too long. But then again all the good shows get canceled while the trash lasts multiple seasons so who knows.

Jericho was a great show. Still mad they cancelled it.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the writers meant to have its audience laugh at tense action scenes but that's what I literally did while watching the lead character get rescued. Every aspect about it was unbelieveably bad.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
TommyC376

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not awful, I will watch it on NBC.com whenever I am bored. But I wont tune in at 10pm lol ... The girl character is pretty but her Uncle Miles thye could have casted a better actor, he just seems blah to me.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Its not awful, I will watch it on NBC.com whenever I am bored. But I wont tune in at 10pm lol ... The girl character is pretty but her Uncle Miles thye could have casted a better actor, he just seems blah to me.

Acting around the board is pretty dire, that's whats really hurting the show imo. I can't even get drawn into it because it feels so fake at times.

^Kempes
TommyC376

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunnygsm wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:

Acting around the board is pretty dire, that's whats really hurting the show imo. I can't even get drawn into it because it feels so fake at times.

15 years after the blackout and everyone knows how to sword fight?

Also, was Billy Burke's character a ninja or a former marine?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: