Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

It wasn't me!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things...

1) A fan who says a man should get fired to that man's face IS an [inappropriate/removed].

2) The incident happened during halftime when we were losing, which makes the timing of the incident more sensical.

Nacho Simulation Football League
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Ryan tannehill and the 2012 draft class is a success and many of them had good games sun and with almost 55 million in cap space and high extra picks next year many people might have to sing a new tune with Ireland
Deadeye

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
If Ryan tannehill and the 2012 draft class is a success and many of them had good games sun and with almost 55 million in cap space and high extra picks next year many people might have to sing a new tune with Ireland
I don't give credit to Ireland for drafting Tannehill (assuming RT17 pans out). I predicted that selection last December. And it was a complete no brainer when we hired his college HC and our owner was breathing down everyone's neck to get a franchise QB. Now obviously I'm delighted with his progress and hope to see alot more as the season unfolds. But the big concern is how we drafted a TE who can't separate in the third round when numerous quality WRs were still available. That's borderline unforgivable.

So far our 2011 class boils down to Pouncey and Jimmy Wilson. Of course Daniel Thomas could still become a contributor, but for a second rounder he hasn't shown much. Add in that Gates is gone and Clay isn't doing anything.

Look, I obviously understand that no one is going to bat a thousand. But we have to do better than JI has been doing. By the end of the season we should have a better idea about the 2011 and 2012 classes. And I don't want Ireland squandering picks in 2013 if we don't see more productivity from our young players.
PhinFan52

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
PhinFan52 wrote:
atleast he didn't ask the guy if his mother was a prostitue.... Shocked

Laughing Applause Applause Laughing Applause Applause Laughing

Thank you... thank you, very much.. LOL
PhinFan52

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
PhinFan52 wrote:
atleast he didn't ask the guy if his mother was a prostitue.... Shocked

Damn it you beat me to the puch 52 !!! Mad

sug Smile

Great minds.. think alike... Laughing Laughing
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh so now your not giving credit to Ireland for the tannehill pick? That's comical. Glad to see you have givin up on Egnew after 2 nfl games, remember Finley had 6 catches his rookie year and other TE have started slow. As for those other mid round receivers who are you referring to?? Sanu or givens the 2 favorite in this forum? Neither has a catch either and sanu is 5th on the depth chart behind a we who came from the canadian league. Give gredit the rookie class had a very good sun. We are set up salary cap wise and yeah like I did say and you repeated a lot depends on this 2012 class
phinmun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
I don't give credit to Ireland for drafting Tannehill (assuming RT17 pans out). I predicted that selection last December. And it was a complete no brainer when we hired his college HC and our owner was breathing down everyone's neck to get a franchise QB. Now obviously I'm delighted with his progress and hope to see alot more as the season unfolds. But the big concern is how we drafted a TE who can't separate in the third round when numerous quality WRs were still available. That's borderline unforgivable.

So far our 2011 class boils down to Pouncey and Jimmy Wilson. Of course Daniel Thomas could still become a contributor, but for a second rounder he hasn't shown much. Add in that Gates is gone and Clay isn't doing anything.

Look, I obviously understand that no one is going to bat a thousand. But we have to do better than JI has been doing. By the end of the season we should have a better idea about the 2011 and 2012 classes. And I don't want Ireland squandering picks in 2013 if we don't see more productivity from our young players.

I trust Philbin more than I do Ireland. A real bad portrait can surely be painted of what has happened under Jeff Ireland but I hesitate to think if a new GM would be a better option than giving the tandem of Ireland & Philbin a chance to go through 2013.

I don't need to see more than another draft from Ireland, but I would like to see what he's able to do given we have a fairly good idea of our needs and finally an offensive coach capable of putting the right information on Ireland's desk.

I at least want to see 2013. I won't defend Ireland after that. If I'm scratching my head after the 2013 draft and Ireland & Philbin are the cause, I'll join the club. I promise.
tulipthewonder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

Of those quality wrs in the third how many are doing anything? I haven't paid all that much attention to them but don't remember hearing anything about them so far this season. Don't forget about Clay in the 2011 draft either. He could still do something. I'm sorry but if Tanny pans out Ireland has to get the credit. Nothing in the NFL draft is 100% set in stone... outside of maybe Andrew Luck in the past decade. I mean Reggie Bush was a once in a lifetime prospect at the time and it was all but determined he was gonna go first and well that didn't work out like everyone thought now did it? There really is no such thing as a no brainer in the NFL draft.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's how I feel as well!! I
Deadeye

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tulipthewonder wrote:
Of those quality wrs in the third how many are doing anything? I haven't paid all that much attention to them but don't remember hearing anything about them so far this season.
Fair question.

These were the next four WRs taken after Egnew:
Mohamed Sanu
T.Y. Hilton
Chris Givens
Travis Benjamin

Certainly we are not seeing big numbers out of any of these players yet. but Hilton, Givens (whom I wanted), and Benjamin would all have been the best deep threat on our offense. And every single one of those three has had their coaching staffs making positive statements regarding their progress. We sure aren't hearing that about Egnew. Our OC essentially said that he would have been waived already if he hadn't been a such high draft pick.
phinmun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:
tulipthewonder wrote:
Of those quality wrs in the third how many are doing anything? I haven't paid all that much attention to them but don't remember hearing anything about them so far this season.
Fair question.

These were the next four WRs taken after Egnew:
Mohamed Sanu
T.Y. Hilton
Chris Givens
Travis Benjamin

Certainly we are not seeing big numbers out of any of these players yet. but Hilton, Givens (whom I wanted), and Benjamin would all have been the best deep threat on our offense. And every single one of those three has had their coaching staffs making positive statements regarding their progress. We sure aren't hearing that about Egnew. Our OC essentially said that he would have been waived already if he hadn't been a such high draft pick.

Rookies don't automatically become a teams biggest deep threat because they can run fast. Sometimes teams abandon guys like Gates because although they are fast they don't do anything directly for the offense because they aren't great WRs--period. That's really fallible logic to say those guys would walk in and beat out who's here or to imply that because they're fast runners they automatically mean something more to the coaches. If the coaches wanted that they'd have drafted them and made them Miami Dolphins.

We have guys competing like Moore and Matthews who've shown as much or more as the guys you just named. Moore is contributing hugely on special teams if you aren't noticing. He's one of the best players on a much-improved ST unit in fact! That's the entire reason he made the squad according to Ireland's comment in Hard Knocks. Matthews looked great in preseaon but hasn't seen a game because I guess he hasn't earned the coaches trust--fine. Who are you to talk about any of the above guys you named doing anything more is my point? How about that 7-11 dude? Be careful what you assume from Hard Knocks. That should be quite obvious.

Finally, Sherman's statement was a motivational one towards Egnew and quite early in preseason. Coaches say things like that to players to see how they'll respond. It was as much a challenge as anything. That's obviously the type of hard-nosed guy Sherman is. It was meant to show the viewing audience that the job is 'tough' being an NFL player. They do try to make the show dramatic and entertaining afterall.

Egnew is 3rd on the depth chart, too. Fasano is still the most experienced TE we have and Clay is by comparison more ready to get snaps. As we stand, Egnew is not tough enough for NFL standards to my eyes nor does he have the familiarity with Philbin's offense to get ahead of Clay and Fasano on the depth. Expecting that however is in my mind foolish given what he was and his limited football background. Egnew is developing as a player but he has a lot of upside. There are quite a few elite TEs that got into football the same way he did.

Maybe you don't think players with high ceilings like Egnew can be taken that high? Look at all the TEs that've been so effective around the league. I think it's worth a shot to draft our own version of that freakish specimen! At some point, you have to take a shot with something like that. If you recall, we missed on Jimmy Graham because we waited one round too late. Egnew probably won't be Jimmy Graham but he could and that's the point! That's possibly the most exciting position in football right now. It can't be under-valued. It's a position where we need not only depth and competition but also upside and potential which is what Egnew brings in.

Give the guy a chance and stop being such downers about all this.

This is a developing football team afterall guys.
Deadeye

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinmun wrote:

I disagree with your assessment, but I love your optimism!!!
phinmun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:
phinmun wrote:

I disagree with your assessment, but I love your optimism!!!

Laughing I try. I try.
SUG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinmun wrote:
Deadeye wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

I trust Philbin more than I do Ireland. A real bad portrait can surely be painted of what has happened under Jeff Ireland but I hesitate to think if a new GM would be a better option than giving the tandem of Ireland & Philbin a chance to go through 2013.

I don't need to see more than another draft from Ireland, but I would like to see what he's able to do given we have a fairly good idea of our needs and finally an offensive coach capable of putting the right information on Ireland's desk.

I at least want to see 2013. I won't defend Ireland after that. If I'm scratching my head after the 2013 draft and Ireland & Philbin are the cause, I'll join the club. I promise.

I agree 100% with this statement.

Beyond that, no one on this forum will EVER convince me that it was anybody but Philbins evaluation &
decision to draft Tanneyhill above anybody else in the entire Mia org.

There is nothing in JI documented past 20 yrs in the NFL nor his pedigree that supports he
ever drafted a 1st rnd QB.
(Much less a worthy starter)

Philbin is the proven resident West Coast Off expert whom also has a Super Bowl Ring.

I personally have no problem with what the fan in quetion said to JI.
Coming from a fan JI has to know he had it coming.

Just callin'em like I see them

sug
Daryl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget about Pouncey either and from what I've been reading he is playing extremely well. I'm expecting him to make the Pro Bowl already if he keeps this up. He is a big reason we no 2 in rushing right now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: