Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins sign former Lions DT Andre Fluellen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Dolphins sign former Lions DT Andre Fluellen Reply with quote

Quote:
#Dolphins signed former #Lions DT Andre Fluellen.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/248205286526029824

Quote:
Fluellen was a 3rd round pick in the 2008 draft and played 51 games for the #Lions in 4 seasons.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/248205592164966401
Tom Brady Tribute
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starks/Solai/Randall/McDaniel/ -- depth at a position of strength.

Meanwhile we will be trotting Legadu Nanee vs. one of the best secondaries in the league.

I'm almost certain there might be an aspect to this I am overlooking as I am not a Dolphin personnel official. But i can't figure this out for the life of me.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:

Meanwhile we will be trotting Legadu Nanee vs. one of the best secondaries in the league.

I'm almost certain there might be an aspect to this I am overlooking as I am not a Dolphin personnel official. But i can't figure this out for the life of me.

I'm thinking Armstrong will unseat Naanee soon once he picks up on the playbook. Hartline, Bess, and Armstrong with Bess in the slot on three receiver downs sounds like good solid options to me. Mathews is developmental and Moore helps in ST's meaning anybody we bring in will unseat Naanee and I doubt they will be much better than him. Though I don't doubt that Naanee should be our 6th receiver. At this point, bringing in solid guys would be rare unless the Skins cut Josh Morgan, what we really need is a true number 1 and we won't get that outside the draft.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we dont really need a number 1 in this offense more just guys who can seperate from defenders and can catch the ball. Right now we only have 1 guy doing that.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:

Not really understanding this either...it may just be a case of WR availability...
phinmun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:

Defensive players--especially defensive lineman--have a much easier time jumping on-board with another team mid-season.

WRs by comparision have to come from the same exact offense and be able to develop chemistry with their QBs fast in order to play. It can be almost worthless the pick up an 'average' WR mid-season who doesn't know the offense and has no experience will the QB here because that type of player is going to contribute mostly on physical skill. The coaches are also hand-cuffed into simplying the playbook when that player is in. Average WRs don't typical get by on physical gifts.

You know that. These random signings on the D-line and at LB only keep us strong in those areas in case someone goes down with injury. It would be silly to think the same thing is possible with WRs.
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:

Not really understanding this either...it may just be a case of WR availability...

Or it's a case of a defense that uses four DTs in most games, rotating them in and out to keep everyone fresh. Baker, who was brought back this week, played a few snaps this week despite no injury issues for any of our starters. You need at least three or four healthy defensive tackles on the active roster if you plan on rotating them during the game. The fifth guy usually doesn't see the field, but with McDaniel's injury still bothering him, he's a need.

Now, that doesn't mean we shouldn't release Naanee to improve at the position, but I wouldn't mess with our depth at DT to add another WR. Honestly, if you ask me, we most desperately need to add another CB, as we just don't have the depth needed there.
Deets

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:

Well I think if there was an elite talent around at receiver we would have signed them. But that kind of rabbit doesn't just hop out of the grass. And at least Armstrong, Hartline and Bess are ahead of Naanee.

FF Member #67
DolphWins

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking we might take a look at Plaxico this year. Worth a shot anyways.

Adopt a Dolphwin - Lamar Miller
11 Rush - 59 Yards - 5.4 Avg - 1 TD [] 4 Rec - 19 Yards
Deets

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DolphWins wrote:

Pun intended?

FF Member #67
DolphWins

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
DolphWins wrote:

Pun intended?

LOL i didnt even think of that when i typed it.

Adopt a Dolphwin - Lamar Miller
11 Rush - 59 Yards - 5.4 Avg - 1 TD [] 4 Rec - 19 Yards
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:

This is what we have been waiting for. Stop with the Band aids and let it ride out. Unless there is a big time play maker for a bargain, or a long term move that can be made, than let it go. Let us suck it up and really test the young QB. With Hartline and Bess, we at least have solid WRs that can catch and get us by. The only move that should be made is for a young play maker like Mike Wallace.

Maybe in a week or so, Armstrong will be our deep threat to help the team out. Just give this process time. At the end of the season we will be able to draft a WR.

UniversalAuthor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: