Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 season stats
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ataal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:
Ataal wrote:
Here's an interesting stat...

If you haven't heard already, Alex Smith leads the league in Total QBR(can't find regular QBR stats anymore. ESPN stopped doing it? Weird...).

Interesting as that is, I thought the comparison with other QB's in our division was more interesting:

Alex Smith: 81.9
Kevin Kolb: 41.7
Sam Bradford: 37.3
Russell Wilson: 33.9

Alex has a better total QBR than Kevin Kolb and Sam Bradford.....combined. Wow.
Here's a link to the "regular" QBR for those interested.
http://www.mortgageloancalculating.com/passer_ratings.html

Alex Smith: 108.7
Kevin Kolb: 89.7
Sam Bradford: 78.6
Russell Wilson: 75.2

Maybe not double but but still impressive numbers for Alex as the others are in the "Alex" territory of yesteryear's Very Happy

Awesome. Thanks for the link. Will have to bookmark that.

I just saw Alex's QBR for the Buffalo game: 156.3 Career best, I'm assuming?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfl.com will give you most of the stats you'd be interested in.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/statslab

Accoding to NFL.COM Alex has highest QBR in the league, is one half percentage point away from having highest completion percentage (drops!) and as ususal is tied for league lead in least interceptions.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
CB Metrics in week 5

Chris Culliver:

Targets 4
Completions 1
Yards 8
YPA 2.0
INTs 1

Carlos Rogers:

Targets 4
Completions 3
Yards 36
YPA 9

Tarell Brown:

Targets 4
Completions 2
Yards 22
YPA 5.5

Chris Culliver through five weeks:

Targets 16
Completions 5
Yards 38
YPA 2.375
PDs 3
INTs 1
Penalties 2

Quote:
Jeff Deeney ‏@PFF_Jeff
Quarterbacks only have a 14.6 QB rating when throwing against #49ers Chris Culliver. 5-16, 38 yards, 1 INT

Culliver is a beast... Nuff said

^Kempes^
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the Culliver Watch LOL.

Isn't it crazy we get upset when one of our CBs even allows a 10 yard pass Laughing . It's been a long time coming but we have our biggest tests coming up against NYG, NE, CHI, and NO.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cully island

-kiltman
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Fitz threw that floater up I knew we were picking it off.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
When Fitz threw that floater up I knew we were picking it off.

Lol, yep Culliver was waiting for it so you could see from the start it was going to be a pick.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
The pass defense is a shocker to me, as well. We were 26th in the league against the pass last year. We gave up a lot of big plays, but also because we were more dominant against the run and forced teams to throw against us more. Still, 26th to 2nd? Shocked

Just checked, we were 16th against the pass last year not 26th. Still, 26th to 2nd sounds better Wink .

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you haven't read this yet, you should: http://blog.49ers.com/2012/10/08/week-5-notes-and-quotes/

Lots of stats for numbers guys like me. Plus, some great interview questions with a lot of players, Harbaugh, and Roman.

Thought this was interesting. Looked so good, though it was a designed play:

Harbaugh:
Quote:
The touchdown pass to WR Kyle Williams, that was a back-shoulder throw. Was that a quarterback read, or was that by design, that back shoulder?
“That was the quarterback. We practice back-shoulder throws and things like that, but we’d never done it on that play, that particular play. That was great improvisation by both Alex and Kyle.”

Alex:
Quote:
Your touchdown throw to WR Kyle Williams, was that back shoulder the whole way?
“Once I saw it, it wasn’t designed that way, I kind of reacted to it. Kyle was turned, the guy really had him running. I took a shot and he made a really great play.”

Kyle:
Quote:
On the touchdown you caught from [QB] Alex [Smith], he threw it to the back shoulder, was that a read or was that by design?
“That was just a great throw by him. Honestly, I’ve got to give him all the credit because he saw where the DB was positioned, he saw he was up high on me so he put it in a place where only I could get it and it was a great play by him. He played great today, he played awesome.”

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Ataal wrote:
The pass defense is a shocker to me, as well. We were 26th in the league against the pass last year. We gave up a lot of big plays, but also because we were more dominant against the run and forced teams to throw against us more. Still, 26th to 2nd? Shocked

Just checked, we were 16th against the pass last year not 26th. Still, 26th to 2nd sounds better Wink .

You're right. We were 26th in something, though. Thought it was that. Oh well. Still, 16th to 2nd is awesome. We officially have a well-rounded defense. No more, "you can pass on them all day long" from General, I hope. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, but we some big tests coming up and maybe no bigger than the one next week. Even though teams were passing pretty decent against us, we were still #5 in opposing teams QB ratings.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Yep, but we some big tests coming up and maybe no bigger than the one next week. Even though teams were passing pretty decent against us, we were still #5 in opposing teams QB ratings.

Agreed. Eli can score, no doubt about that. However, I think we've done pretty well in the past against him before Culliver and others have stepped up their game. We did pretty dang good against Rodgers, too. Aside from the 4th quarter, we pretty much contained Brees, also.

To me, it's not a matter of "can" we do it. It's a matter of "can we do it consistently?"

I just hope our momentum continues into this next game. Only a homer would expect another blowout, especially against the Giants, but if we continue clicking like we have, I see a two touchdown win. If not, it's going to go down to the wire. Would love to go into overtime and have Kyle Williams run a return in for a touchdown. I would probably hit my head on the ceiling fan and need to go to the E.R., but it would be worth it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

The good thing is that our schedule is spaced out against tougher opponents. Not bunched up so we'll have a brutal stretch.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next four games are pretty damn tough.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
If you haven't read this yet, you should: http://blog.49ers.com/2012/10/08/week-5-notes-and-quotes/

Lots of stats for numbers guys like me. Plus, some great interview questions with a lot of players, Harbaugh, and Roman.

Thought this was interesting. Looked so good, though it was a designed play:

Harbaugh:
Quote:
The touchdown pass to WR Kyle Williams, that was a back-shoulder throw. Was that a quarterback read, or was that by design, that back shoulder?
“That was the quarterback. We practice back-shoulder throws and things like that, but we’d never done it on that play, that particular play. That was great improvisation by both Alex and Kyle.”

Alex:
Quote:
Your touchdown throw to WR Kyle Williams, was that back shoulder the whole way?
“Once I saw it, it wasn’t designed that way, I kind of reacted to it. Kyle was turned, the guy really had him running. I took a shot and he made a really great play.”

Kyle:
Quote:
On the touchdown you caught from [QB] Alex [Smith], he threw it to the back shoulder, was that a read or was that by design?
“That was just a great throw by him. Honestly, I’ve got to give him all the credit because he saw where the DB was positioned, he saw he was up high on me so he put it in a place where only I could get it and it was a great play by him. He played great today, he played awesome.”

It was the best throw Alex made all year imo. He didn't wait for his guy to get open, and he trusted KW to make a play. It's something that we haven't seen him do often, and I'm excited to see him do it. Hopefully he builds on that and continues to make plays like that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: