Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Golden Tate fined $21k for hit on Lee
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

View previous topic :: View next topic  
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluesfreak74 wrote:
Runaway Jim wrote:
bluesfreak74 wrote:
I'm going to disagree with you on where he hit him.

Did you see the picture I posted here?

Yes. I don't think he hit him in the head and I believe that picture shows that.

You do realize most people consider the jaw part of the head, right? I mean, I hate to get all technical, but us folks in the medical community tend to consider anything above the neck the head.

CK on the sig
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
Runaway Jim wrote:
bluesfreak74 wrote:

It's not a picture of the initial contact. It's a picture shortly thereafter as Lee's momentum caused his neck to come forward and downward into Tate's helment. Again - if Lee was protecting himself by being aware of his surroundings, he wouldn't have taken a blow like that. An inside linebacker (and a great one at that) being called "defenseless" in this situation is horse hockey in my opinion. The only reason Lee was defenseless is because he chose to be. He might as well have been running around blindfolded. When a LB has to be protected from WRs - it's sad. Next time Tate will aim for the knees to avoid getting a fine and Lee won't be out a few plays - he'll be out for the year.

The initial contact doesnt matter. The rules clearly state the contact to the head doesnt have to be the initial contact. Thats the whole "dip and rip" portion of the discussion.

The fact that he sprang upwards means that regardless of where the contact started, it finished illegally at his jaw.

CK on the sig
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Runaway Jim wrote:
bluesfreak74 wrote:

Yes, we've all seen it Laughing It doesn't prove a damn thing.
canadaluvsdalla

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been hearing about how Sean Lee is a crappy linebacker after this incident all week.

Backed it up with a critical int this week. Lee shutting up the haters week after week. love it

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
Runaway Jim wrote:
bluesfreak74 wrote:

It's not a picture of the initial contact. It's a picture shortly thereafter as Lee's momentum caused his neck to come forward and downward into Tate's helment. Again - if Lee was protecting himself by being aware of his surroundings, he wouldn't have taken a blow like that. An inside linebacker (and a great one at that) being called "defenseless" in this situation is horse hockey in my opinion. The only reason Lee was defenseless is because he chose to be. He might as well have been running around blindfolded. When a LB has to be protected from WRs - it's sad. Next time Tate will aim for the knees to avoid getting a fine and Lee won't be out a few plays - he'll be out for the year.

The initial contact doesnt matter. The rules clearly state the contact to the head doesnt have to be the initial contact. Thats the whole "dip and rip" portion of the discussion.

The fact that he sprang upwards means that regardless of where the contact started, it finished illegally at his jaw.

I thought you ended the thread JPep? I'm confused. He didn't spring upwards - Lee collapsed. Again - if Lee had been protecting himself and playing to the level that Cowboys fans are accustomed to - it wouldn't have happened. Players have to protect themselves. You can't run around with blinders on or you can expect to get lit up like a Christmas tree. No sympathy for Lee. Great linebacker. Horrible play and even worse awareness.
waremd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we really still arguing about this, it is clear to any with no bias towards either team that he PLANTED his feet and thrusted himself upwards which directed in the helmet to helmet contact and showing that it was a crackback block. He DID NOT need to plant his feet to make this block, mearly following through would have exerted enough force to deflect his pursuit.

Despite the awful call and the even worse call on Carter the game is over and we have moved on. Also, anyone saying Lee is a crappy LB is complete idiot, he leads the league in tackles right now and defeinitely should have went the pro bowl last year. Now put this [inappropriate/removed] to rest and move on, he has been fined it was illegal, but by god if these referees aren't awful I.E. Ogletree being tripped by a refs hat this week.

^---Props to thesickness89 for the sig ---^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: