Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gameday Thread: Rams vs. Bears
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who was the Player of the Week for week 2?
Sam Bradford- 310 yards, 3 TD's, 1 INT
43%
 43%  [ 14 ]
Danny Amendola- 15 rec. 160 yards, 1 TD
50%
 50%  [ 16 ]
Cortland Finnegan- 5 tackles, 1 INT
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 32

maladeen3917

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halradio wrote:
I am sorry - you can't blame the QB when he was sacked 6 times and there was no running game to speak of.

at this point what is the point of placing blame in just one person? The offense as a whole blows pretty much.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game was... To say the least... Hard to watch. Defensively, it was tremendous. Offensively... Have a long ways to go.

Playing at home helps, always do better in the dome.

I cant praise the defense enough though.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
iRaMs

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanty town o-line is shanty.

After 3 seasons do people see why Gibson is bad now??? The dude is literally a roller coaster of a WR, he can't run his routes, he drops passes...do I need to say more?

Also, Kendricks is really becoming hard to like. I really had high hopes for him, but the season is still young so hopefully he can bounce back.

Brodie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did like that Bradford was running out of hte pocket today a few times. Created plays with his legs. But man that Oline is pure and utter garbage. hope saffold can be back soon

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
tim199009

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the dust has settled looking back at it i dont think this game was that bad offensively. I dont think we are giving the bears D enough credit. They absolutely locked us down, from the front seven, all the way back in coverage. On top of that its hard to come onto soldier field and have a good game. Given the circumstances we had, patch work o-line, and no receiver help other than amendola, we at least moved the ball at times. The bears defense could have easily pitched a shutout.
Summerz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim199009 wrote:
After the dust has settled looking back at it i dont think this game was that bad offensively. I dont think we are giving the bears D enough credit. They absolutely locked us down, from the front seven, all the way back in coverage. On top of that its hard to come onto soldier field and have a good game. Given the circumstances we had, patch work o-line, and no receiver help other than amendola, we at least moved the ball at times. The bears defense could have easily pitched a shutout.

Couldn't agree more
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, good game.

Cortland and Janoris look great.

It's clear neither of our teams are there yet, but your team has a lot of promise. Fantastic job covering marshall and jeffery, who are capable of giving teams fits.

Your team has alot of potential and im excited for when your team emerges as best in its division. Good luck this season.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim199009 wrote:

The thing is, not agreeing or disagreeing but until the offense shows they can be dangerous vertically... All defenses they face will do just what the bears did, just stack the box and unleash the dogs. Taking hitches all game is nice in theory but its proven that if you dont have a fair amount of explosive plays (20+ yards) you wont be very successful.

Idk the reasoning, im sure it just has to do with adapting to the speed of the game but, they have to play Quick and Givens even if they play like rookies... They still offer more big play ability than Gibson or Smith.

If i was Schotty i would incorporate more 4 WR sets just to get the defense out of the box and if they still stack the box then watch Quick, Amendola and Givens shred dbs one on one. Just my opinion though

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
tim199009 wrote:

The thing is, not agreeing or disagreeing but until the offense shows they can be dangerous vertically... All defenses they face will do just what the bears did, just stack the box and unleash the dogs. Taking hitches all game is nice in theory but its proven that if you dont have a fair amount of explosive plays (20+ yards) you wont be very successful.

Idk the reasoning, im sure it just has to do with adapting to the speed of the game but, they have to play Quick and Givens even if they play like rookies... They still offer more big play ability than Gibson or Smith.

If i was Schotty i would incorporate more 4 WR sets just to get the defense out of the box and if they still stack the box then watch Quick, Amendola and Givens shred dbs one on one. Just my opinion though

The issue was that the Bears didn't have to stack the box. Their DL was winning without them blitzing.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right they didnt have to but there was a lot of times they did, moreso than the norm and i feel its because of the reasons i mentioned

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brodie wrote:
Did like that Bradford was running out of hte pocket today a few times. Created plays with his legs. But man that Oline is pure and utter garbage. hope saffold can be back soon

Saffold won't help much. Dahl and Moose were the ones who got embarrassed and caused the majority of the issues.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
iRaMs

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim199009 wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:
Nice to hear Longs name called!

2 in the game so far?

That is correct

Wr80

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Brodie wrote:

Saffold won't help much. Dahl and Moose were the ones who got embarrassed and caused the majority of the issues.

It's true, once we pick up a few solid O-line players and a threatening WR, the Ram's offense will come out swinging. But until then we have this.
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came here to comment in your the Greg Zuerlein appreciation thread... only to find that there is no such thread! C'mon guys, Greg the leg deserves his own thread he is a straight boss.

~Bird Watch 2014 | Mark "The Sanchize" Sanchez~
202 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, 89.6 Passer Rating
chris00cm

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On an somewhat unrelated note...

tim199009, that siggy is pretty awesome! Laughing

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17

Jump to: