Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top underclassmen (non-eligible) QBs to keep an eye on
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
Brett Hundley (RS FR - UCLA) and Teddy Bridgewater (TR SO - LVILLE) are my top 2 young QB's right now. Still need to see a bunch of others, but these two immediately stand out.

Hundley has started out well, but definitely needs to work on his throws, some aren't that strong, but its fine since he has so much time and will progress.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone want to give me a run down on Brett Smith? I'll be honest, I've never seen Wyoming play. Ever

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only he were draft eligible because then jmpasq would maybe make a video. He played Texas, not sure how he looked though.
Reality_Check

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
Someone want to give me a run down on Brett Smith? I'll be honest, I've never seen Wyoming play. Ever

Big tall athletic QB w/ a cannon. Very young, but growing daily. Think Roethlisgerger-esque. He's hurt right now.
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reality_Check wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:

Big tall athletic QB w/ a cannon. Very young, but growing daily. Think Roethlisgerger-esque. He's hurt right now.

Brett Smith is shorter and much skinnier than Roethlisberger, and doesn't have anywhere near the arm strength... Reminds me more of Christian Ponder.
Reality_Check

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhackyPlague wrote:
Reality_Check wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:

Brett Smith is shorter and much skinnier than Roethlisberger, and doesn't have anywhere near the arm strength... Reminds me more of Christian Ponder.

I'm not sure there could a be a worse comparison.

Smith his younger, and still needs to put weight on, but I've seen him first hand at the Manning passing academy, kid has a cannon.
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reality_Check wrote:
WhackyPlague wrote:
Reality_Check wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:

I'm not sure there could a be a worse comparison.

Smith his younger, and still needs to put weight on, but I've seen him first hand at the Manning passing academy, kid has a cannon.

That may be, but I've seen some floaters from him in actual games.
The Cryptkeeper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
I agree with a lot of the names here, and I'm very anti-spread QB, but keep an eye on A&M's Johnny Manziel. He has the best throwing mechanics I've ever seen. He's 6'0 or 6'1 and releases the ball like he's 6'4 or 6'5.

If he can develop footwork at the pro level and has success in his next 3 or 4 years, I think he could be a very viable NFL QB.

I'm a big fan of Manziel, as well. If he keeps developing, he's got a chance to be an exception to the rule. I'm typically not a fan of shorter spread QB's either, but Manziel's the real deal. He's not just an athlete, he's got the mechanics to go with it.
joru1000

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was high on Tyler Bray before I really fully watched him, but now that I have I feel he's overrated. He's like a Ryan Tannehill type. Horrible release. 2-3rd rounder in my opinion, especially considering some of the other potentual QBs coming out this year.

Yes I know he is eligible.
norcalgsr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cryptkeeper wrote:
kenney wrote:
I agree with a lot of the names here, and I'm very anti-spread QB, but keep an eye on A&M's Johnny Manziel. He has the best throwing mechanics I've ever seen. He's 6'0 or 6'1 and releases the ball like he's 6'4 or 6'5.

If he can develop footwork at the pro level and has success in his next 3 or 4 years, I think he could be a very viable NFL QB.

I'm a big fan of Manziel, as well. If he keeps developing, he's got a chance to be an exception to the rule. I'm typically not a fan of shorter spread QB's either, but Manziel's the real deal. He's not just an athlete, he's got the mechanics to go with it.

Manziel = Jeff Garcia???
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teddy Bridgewater is on pace to be a future first round pick, I love his potential. Brett Hundley is another guy that has the potential to become a future first round pick as well imo.

A homer pick but I think Max Wittek has the potential to become a high first round draft pick in a couple of years. He has the strongest arm of any quarterback to play at USC since Carson Palmer and is probably the most athletic quarterback we've had in the Pete Carroll/Lane Kiffin era. It'll be interesting to see how he develops but he has the potential to be a really good quarterback. I honestly think Wittek will be a better pro-prospect than Matt Barkley when it's all said and done.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean Mannion should be mentioned
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reality_Check wrote:

5. Andrew Manley New Mexico State

I'm honestly surprised someone knows of him. I'm hoping he does well to rep the 808.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing performance for Sean Mannion against AZ...29-45, 433 yards, 3 TD 0 INT
alfalcone

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump, just wanted to see how this list will change now that 2012 has played out. I assume Bridgewater is most people's number 1.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: