Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Adopt A Raider Write Ups: Week Two

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Adopt A Raider Write Ups: Week Two Reply with quote

Past weeks:
Week 1

Week 2. Let's go.

Player:
Michael Huff

Stats:
4 tkl, (all solo)

Performance:
Huff was all over the place. Not in the usual way though. He lined up at CB, FS and I even saw him at SS one time I think. He got toasted in coverage a few times and took 1 especially horrific angle on Reggie Bush. In that play, he not only cut off Tyvon Branch, but didn't even dive for the tackle til like the 3 yard line. If he did it earlier, he might have been able to get him or slow him down. Tyvon could have ran around diving Huff and tackled the tripped up Bush, but no. Huffy wanted to give Reggie a TD.

I'll end on a positive though: He tackled well for the most part which is a nice continued improvement from last season. And I think I remember him getting pressure on a blitz or 2 in the first half.

Next up:
Pittsburgh. Ugh. Reports are Huff is going to be playing him some CB this week and is already practicing it. Not a fan of Gio as full time FS but he's not my guy. Huff, I am a little worried about. He is not that good at CB in general and has to go up against Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown. I expect some bracket coverage to help him out and maybe a ball swat or 2. But I also expect him to get burnt BAD at least once. And probably 1 PI at least. Hope he proves me wrong though.

Professor Oak wrote:
Don't listen to the naysayers, S&B88.

SoS is in fact French. I've frenched his toast a couple of times. I think I would know.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never got to watch the game because of lame government obligations. Sorry bro.

All I know is Burris had 2 tackles and a Pass deflection.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
I never got to watch the game because of lame government obligations.

Pack up your ish, you're outta here.

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Sorry bro.

Oh. Well then that's okay then.

Professor Oak wrote:

SoS is in fact French. I've frenched his toast a couple of times. I think I would know.
backinblack

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaggy.
4 Tackles 1 sack giving him 1.5 of our whopping 2 sacks on the year.
Played well in spurts during the game. first half played well against run and pass. looks completely healed from last year but seems a step slow.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philip Wheeler - 7 tackles

After a fine overall performance in week 1, Wheeler struggled against the run this week. He was partly responsible on the long TD run by Bush and got juked badly by Miller on his TD run.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon Myers

Myers is doing a nice job at TE for the Raiders. Week 2 he had 6 catches for 86 yards finding room over the middle and in space to work.

He continues to be a bright spot in the offense. He's seen 11 targets from Palmer and has responded with 11 catches for a team leading and career high 151 yards. He's yet to find the end zone however.

He's ranked 6th in the NFL right now among TEs.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:

After a fine overall performance in week 1, Wheeler struggled against the run this week. He was partly responsible on the long TD run by Bush and got juked badly by Miller on his TD run.

That's putting it mildly. The angle he took was ridiculously bad. He reacted and shot straight to Bush where blockers were waiting. Bad play on that one.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

That's putting it mildly. The angle he took was ridiculously bad. He reacted and shot straight to Bush where blockers were waiting. Bad play on that one.

If its the one I'm thinking of, he looked hella gassed.

Professor Oak wrote:

oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

What i meant was multiple players were responsible for giving up that big play. I have no idea what Wheeler was trying to do. He just ran like a maniac straight into a lineman.
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juron Criner

A whopping nada, zero, zlich, nil, NOTHING! Hes been a big dissapointment. Did I think he would catch 10 balls a game and go for over 100 yards receiving? No but a few red zone targets? Yeah. But sadly, nothing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
Juron Criner

A whopping nada, zero, zlich, nil, NOTHING! Hes been a big dissapointment. Did I think he would catch 10 balls a game and go for over 100 yards receiving? No but a few red zone targets? Yeah. But sadly, nothing.

That's kind of unfair to say when he's been battling an ankle injury. He wasn't even active vs San Diego.

Apparently he took a snap in the last game, but I don't even remember seeing him suited up. Think
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
Juron Criner

That's kind of unfair to say when he's been battling an ankle injury. He wasn't even active vs San Diego.

Apparently he took a snap in the last game, but I don't even remember seeing him suited up. Think

He was inactive in Miami as well.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson Palmer

Stats
50.0% Yards: 373 TD: 1 INT: 1

Performance
Carson didn't do much to erase the memories in fans' minds of the Chargers game. However, he had much less time in the pocket against Miami. In fact, I'd go as far to say that this past game may have been one of the worst performances from our offensive lines over the past few years. And there have been some blunders. The play that will stick in my mind is the missed opportunity to get McFadden the ball in the flat on our first redzone trip. With McFadden wide open in the flat, Carson seemed to look at him, look away, and then come back to him once he got covered. Had me screaming at the TV. All in all, Carson didn't do anything to silence the Pryor fan boys and we looked like arguably a bottom 3 team in the process.

Next Up
We got the Steelers this weekend. Not good. I'd venture to say that veteran teams who don't make mistakes are this team's Achilles's heal. With that said, we just got beat down by the Tannehill-led Dolphins. This game really doesn't depend on Palmer. He absolutely needs McFadden to keep the defense honest. Without the run game, our offense disappears. I have faith in Carson if we can get a solid contribution from the run game. We'll need it to beat Pittsburgh.

Props to cDubs14 on the sig.

Adopt-a-Raider 2012: Carson Palmer
Rolni

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyvon Branch:

The hole D was a joke against Miami. Branch hasn't been up to his level neither...
He seemd to be better against the pass last year so far...
Sonic Raider

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonic reporting for Rod Streater

no touchdowns. Only a few receptions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: