Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL issues warning to owners, GM and coaches

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
PGeorge2


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 1719
Location: Columbia, MO
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: NFL issues warning to owners, GM and coaches Reply with quote

Quote:
The NFL reached out to the owners, general managers and coaches of all 32 teams this week to advise them that the type of on-field behavior it witnessed last weekend will not be acceptable this weekend.


Quote:
Coaches including coach John Fox and defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio of the Denver Broncos, along with San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh, were spotted berating officials in a way unacceptable to the league office.


I see both sides of this. The officials are doing a terrible job in some games. The Monday night game was a perfect example. Fox and Del Rio had a good reason for being hot.

However, there is a code of conduct and if someone were to talk to me the way Fox was talking to the officials, the outcome wouldn't have been good.

Bottom line is we have to get the regular guys back. The NFL makes way too much money to employ people who are average at what we do. The fans wouldn't put up with marginal players in the event of a players strike so why should we put up with marginal officials?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8404563/nfl-issues-field-conduct-warning-owners-general-managers-coaches-all-32-teams
_________________

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!


Last edited by PGeorge2 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PackAtBroncos07


Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 3223
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: NFl issues warning to owners, GM and coaches Reply with quote

PGeorge2 wrote:
Quote:
The NFL reached out to the owners, general managers and coaches of all 32 teams this week to advise them that the type of on-field behavior it witnessed last weekend will not be acceptable this weekend.


Quote:
Coaches including coach John Fox and defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio of the Denver Broncos, along with San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh, were spotted berating officials in a way unacceptable to the league office.


I see both sides of this. The officials are doing a terrible job in some games. The Monday night game was a perfect example. Fox and Del Rio had a good reason for being hot.

However, there is a code of conduct and if someone were to talk to me the way Fox was talking to the officials, the outcome wouldn't have been good.

Bottom line is we have to get the regular guys back. The NFL makes way too much money to employ people who are average at what we do. The fans wouldn't put up with marginal players in the event of a players strike so why should we put up with marginal officials?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8404563/nfl-issues-field-conduct-warning-owners-general-managers-coaches-all-32-teams


We shouldn't but we will. The NFL will not lose ONE fan over this strike. I doubt it ends anytime soon. The officials are terrible in most cases but they are getting better. And I also like how they are calling some of the more tricky calls, like PI (seems like they're trying to let the guys play a bit more than in previous years), but they still F that up a couple times a game. Flags for pushing a QB out of bounds are ridiculous and they miss a lot of other unnecessary roughness and late hit calls. Not to mention they can't even spot the ball correctly.

Still, we are all going to keep watching. Unless someone wants to start a boycott for the NFL!?!? Anyone!? Anyone!?! Bueller?

Didn't think so.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AussieBronco66


Joined: 16 Oct 2009
Posts: 437
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple stuff like spotting the ball and saying who recovered a fumble is something they're not excelling at but they have made so gutsy calls like PackAtBroncos07 said. Thing is if the normal refs come back and make mistakes what will be said then?
_________________


mess with him at your peril
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 16429
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8416305/denver-broncos-john-fox-jack-del-rio-fined-ref-abuse-source-says

Quote:
The NFL plans to fine Denver Broncos coach John Fox and defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio approximately $20,000 apiece for the way they publicly criticized officials in last Monday night's game against the Atlanta Falcons, according to a league source.


Not surprised really.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jsthomp2007


Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Posts: 7388
Location: USA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder when Goodell is going to start fining fans who boo at the replacement refs.
_________________
Ninja stealth muggers in the Bellagio has left me in a state of congitive disonance...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PGeorge2


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 1719
Location: Columbia, MO
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8416305/denver-broncos-john-fox-jack-del-rio-fined-ref-abuse-source-says

Quote:
The NFL plans to fine Denver Broncos coach John Fox and defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio approximately $20,000 apiece for the way they publicly criticized officials in last Monday night's game against the Atlanta Falcons, according to a league source.


Not surprised really.


I'm not surprised either. They deserved fines. And they are probably fine with paying them because they got their point across.

Did anyone see Belicheck grab the official after the game last night in protest of the field goal that ended the game? He's almost assured of a big fine.
_________________

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jsthomp2007


Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Posts: 7388
Location: USA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGeorge2 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8416305/denver-broncos-john-fox-jack-del-rio-fined-ref-abuse-source-says

Quote:
The NFL plans to fine Denver Broncos coach John Fox and defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio approximately $20,000 apiece for the way they publicly criticized officials in last Monday night's game against the Atlanta Falcons, according to a league source.


Not surprised really.


I'm not surprised either. They deserved fines. And they are probably fine with paying them because they got their point across.

Did anyone see Belicheck grab the official after the game last night in protest of the field goal that ended the game? He's almost assured of a big fine.


I guess he could do some jail time if the ref considered it an assault.
_________________
Ninja stealth muggers in the Bellagio has left me in a state of congitive disonance...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group