Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL issues warning to owners, GM and coaches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PGeorge2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: NFL issues warning to owners, GM and coaches Reply with quote

Quote:
The NFL reached out to the owners, general managers and coaches of all 32 teams this week to advise them that the type of on-field behavior it witnessed last weekend will not be acceptable this weekend.

Quote:
Coaches including coach John Fox and defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio of the Denver Broncos, along with San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh, were spotted berating officials in a way unacceptable to the league office.

I see both sides of this. The officials are doing a terrible job in some games. The Monday night game was a perfect example. Fox and Del Rio had a good reason for being hot.

However, there is a code of conduct and if someone were to talk to me the way Fox was talking to the officials, the outcome wouldn't have been good.

Bottom line is we have to get the regular guys back. The NFL makes way too much money to employ people who are average at what we do. The fans wouldn't put up with marginal players in the event of a players strike so why should we put up with marginal officials?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8404563/nfl-issues-field-conduct-warning-owners-general-managers-coaches-all-32-teams

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!

Last edited by PGeorge2 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
PackAtBroncos07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: NFl issues warning to owners, GM and coaches Reply with quote

PGeorge2 wrote:
Quote:
The NFL reached out to the owners, general managers and coaches of all 32 teams this week to advise them that the type of on-field behavior it witnessed last weekend will not be acceptable this weekend.

Quote:
Coaches including coach John Fox and defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio of the Denver Broncos, along with San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh, were spotted berating officials in a way unacceptable to the league office.

I see both sides of this. The officials are doing a terrible job in some games. The Monday night game was a perfect example. Fox and Del Rio had a good reason for being hot.

However, there is a code of conduct and if someone were to talk to me the way Fox was talking to the officials, the outcome wouldn't have been good.

Bottom line is we have to get the regular guys back. The NFL makes way too much money to employ people who are average at what we do. The fans wouldn't put up with marginal players in the event of a players strike so why should we put up with marginal officials?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8404563/nfl-issues-field-conduct-warning-owners-general-managers-coaches-all-32-teams

We shouldn't but we will. The NFL will not lose ONE fan over this strike. I doubt it ends anytime soon. The officials are terrible in most cases but they are getting better. And I also like how they are calling some of the more tricky calls, like PI (seems like they're trying to let the guys play a bit more than in previous years), but they still F that up a couple times a game. Flags for pushing a QB out of bounds are ridiculous and they miss a lot of other unnecessary roughness and late hit calls. Not to mention they can't even spot the ball correctly.

Still, we are all going to keep watching. Unless someone wants to start a boycott for the NFL!?!? Anyone!? Anyone!?! Bueller?

Didn't think so.
AussieBronco66

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple stuff like spotting the ball and saying who recovered a fumble is something they're not excelling at but they have made so gutsy calls like PackAtBroncos07 said. Thing is if the normal refs come back and make mistakes what will be said then?

mess with him at your peril
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8416305/denver-broncos-john-fox-jack-del-rio-fined-ref-abuse-source-says

Quote:
The NFL plans to fine Denver Broncos coach John Fox and defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio approximately $20,000 apiece for the way they publicly criticized officials in last Monday night's game against the Atlanta Falcons, according to a league source.

Not surprised really.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder when Goodell is going to start fining fans who boo at the replacement refs.
PGeorge2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8416305/denver-broncos-john-fox-jack-del-rio-fined-ref-abuse-source-says

Quote:
The NFL plans to fine Denver Broncos coach John Fox and defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio approximately $20,000 apiece for the way they publicly criticized officials in last Monday night's game against the Atlanta Falcons, according to a league source.

Not surprised really.

I'm not surprised either. They deserved fines. And they are probably fine with paying them because they got their point across.

Did anyone see Belicheck grab the official after the game last night in protest of the field goal that ended the game? He's almost assured of a big fine.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGeorge2 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

Quote:

Not surprised really.

I'm not surprised either. They deserved fines. And they are probably fine with paying them because they got their point across.

Did anyone see Belicheck grab the official after the game last night in protest of the field goal that ended the game? He's almost assured of a big fine.

I guess he could do some jail time if the ref considered it an assault.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: