Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sleepers For This Season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John232

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
John232 wrote:
I think Harrison Barnes may do very well for a Rookie and is going to be the conversation for ROTY. He has a good team around him that's going to take a lot of pressure off of him.

Also, Pau Gasol is going to blow up again.

Pau lol??

No way. If anything he'll struggle again.
Dwight will take the same amount of touches
Bynum was taking from him.
Pau is the odd man out in that
rotation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pau_Gasol

It's spelled Pau but I honestly don't think anyone cares.(it that's what your commenting on).

I think his struggles came less with touches versus a total degradation of confidence. When your name is thrown into every trade scenario in the league, there's a chance it might get to you. You also have to look at the way he played in the olympics, if that's any indication of what's to come, then the Lakers are going to be extremely hard to beat. Having Nash is going to benefit him greatly as well.

Once again, these are sleeper picks, no guarantees. And you've proven my point as to why it might be a good sleeper pick, many people think he's pure garbage now.

xsaMainevent on the sig
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John232 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
John232 wrote:
I think Harrison Barnes may do very well for a Rookie and is going to be the conversation for ROTY. He has a good team around him that's going to take a lot of pressure off of him.

Pau lol??

rotation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pau_Gasol

It's spelled Pau but I honestly don't think anyone cares.(it that's what your commenting on).

I think his struggles came less with touches versus a total degradation of confidence. When your name is thrown into every trade scenario in the league, there's a chance it might get to you. You also have to look at the way he played in the olympics, if that's any indication of what's to come, then the Lakers are going to be extremely hard to beat. Having Nash is going to benefit him greatly as well.

Once again, these are sleeper picks, no guarantees. And you've proven my point as to why it might be a good sleeper pick, many people think he's pure garbage now.

I spelled his name right though Laughing ?

I don't think he's garbage. He's quite good. He

just does not fit the Lakers scheme. He's a 20+ PPG

feature type of player.

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't really qualify as a sleeper but just wanted to pimp my boy a little bit with this sickkkkkk video!!! Do yourselves a favor and check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamCousins15

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
Very few have been harsher critics of Thomas than me, but the guy still is the most talented player on the Bobcat's roster. If he stays healthy then he'll be their best player. He's supposedly bulked up a little bit and working his [inappropriate/removed] off to try and prove himself one last time before he gets amnestied next summer.

Just a question but u think TT is better than MKG?

"There's only one Tree Hill, and it's your home." ~ 2003-2012
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
John232 wrote:

Pau lol??

rotation.

Odd man out? NOPE. Not in the new system which will pretty much be Pau being a stretch 4 still most likely(bad right? Nah, homie. I'll explain later).

The system, Bryant said, should benefit Pau Gasol, whose offensive numbers dipped in Browns first year with the Lakers.

"Steve is going to make it easier for Pau, because he's an incredible distributor, but the system is perfect for (Gasol)," Bryant said. "His ability to pass the ball, to make plays from the high post to shoot is the perfect system for him.
The most startling statistic of all is the amount of jumpers Pau has to take in Brown's system.

CHECK THIS ISH OUT In the '09-'10 NBA season, 39% of Pau's shots were jumpers. 61% were categorized as "inside". He made his jumpers at a 38% clip.

In the '11-'12 NBA season, 66% of Pau's shots where jumpers. 34% were categorized as "inside". He made his jumpers at a 47% clip.

http://www.82games.com/0910/09LAL11.HTM

Pau Gasol's game was flipped inside out and he actually worked to meet that challenge in the best way possible. He gave us a consistent shot (38% to 47%) from the outside and essentially played the role of a stretch 4. Remember, this is a position Pau NEVER excelled at at any point prior in his career. 'Twas dress rehearsal. What was foreign to his game is now a familiarity. He is extremely savvy, unselfish and can adapt. Pau won't surprise many because he is ultra talented on the offensive end but he will not be the "Odd man out" like you said. World Peace will, but he's strictly there for open 3's and playing D anyways.

Cheers.

If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
seminoles1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sportskid_021 wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
Very few have been harsher critics of Thomas than me, but the guy still is the most talented player on the Bobcat's roster. If he stays healthy then he'll be their best player. He's supposedly bulked up a little bit and working his [inappropriate/removed] off to try and prove himself one last time before he gets amnestied next summer.
I certainly think he's more talented than MKG. I didn't like MKG as a prospect so yeah, I guess I'd say he's better than MKG. But he has to stay healthy.

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
seminoles1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
But I'm hoping Koufos doesn't see the floor. He is so bad, like he can barely dunk.
You think Randolph can be good and that Koufos is bad? Are you sure you watched the Nuggets last year?

Koufos is one of the best rebounders in the NBA and is an efficient scorer down low. He's one of the best back-up 5s in the league.

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You hear it every year, but I believe Gumby is a sleeper. He's bounced around since being drafted, but this could be his year/last chance to show his worth.

I think he will finally get an opportunity to showcase his skills in George Karl's system. Adding him to the mix of Faried & McGee will be fun to watch for sure. Long & athletic is an understatement.
the lone star

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOVA333 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
the lone star wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
O.J. Mayo will have a career year in Dallas.

I had a feeling you would have something to say about Mayo. Wink

I think Dallas' offense suits his talents extremely well, especially playing the same role Jason Terry has played for you guys the past few years. Mayo is a pure scorer and I think playing along side a guard like Collison and with bigs like Dirk and Kaman he'll finally start to reach his potential. People tend to forget how talented Mayo is, and also the fact that he's only 24.

Kinda hard to forget when he's been hyped since he was 12!!

He gets overlooked fo sho. People were sleeping on him during free agency.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
But I'm hoping Koufos doesn't see the floor. He is so bad, like he can barely dunk.
You think Randolph can be good and that Koufos is bad? Are you sure you watched the Nuggets last year?

Koufos is one of the best rebounders in the NBA and is an efficient scorer down low. He's one of the best back-up 5s in the league.

I obviously have a lot of respect for your opinion, but I think you are way off. I'm like shocked.

I have no opinion of Randolph, I really only watch the Nuggets and good playoff games. I do know Koufos is average at best. I mean his offensive game is so limited, he has a high percentage because of his lack of attempts and all he would score/put up were put backs and open dunks. And he missed so many easy buckets, oh lord. His rebounding is pretty good...one of the best? idk. His defense is okay one on one, but he is way slow on the rotation. He fouls a ton.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOSH SELBY!

Beast
the lone star

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:

I obviously have a lot of respect for your opinion, but I think you are way off. I'm like shocked.

I have no opinion of Randolph, I really only watch the Nuggets and good playoff games. I do know Koufos is average at best. I mean his offensive game is so limited, he has a high percentage because of his lack of attempts and all he would score/put up were put backs and open dunks. And he missed so many easy buckets, oh lord. His rebounding is pretty good...one of the best? idk. His defense is okay one on one, but he is way slow on the rotation. He fouls a ton.

I agree with your analysis of Koufos. There are definitely other backup 5s out there that are better than him.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
sportskid_021 wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
I certainly think he's more talented than MKG. I didn't like MKG as a prospect so yeah, I guess I'd say he's better than MKG. But he has to stay healthy.

Tyrus is the better defender, and PERHAPS more dynamic, but MKG is the better offensive player, and he's younger, so he gets the edge if you ask me.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't sleep on Lillard, that's fo sho.

I don't know if many people on this forum are though.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
sportskid_021 wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:

Tyrus is the better defender, and PERHAPS more dynamic, but MKG is the better offensive player, and he's younger, so he gets the edge if you ask me.
He's Really Not.

Not even close.

RIP Robin Williams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: