Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Miggy or Trout
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  

2012 AL MVP
Mike Trout
54%
 54%  [ 37 ]
Miguel Cabrera
45%
 45%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 68

BrownieTheElf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelawoffices wrote:
PatsPwn wrote:
I really love these threads btw

We should just pick a representative from each side and have a Mime-Off to settle this debate.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=371084&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=394506

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=334224&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

This thread is entering the conversation with these. I'm sure I'm forgetting plenty more.

Fielder signing/Miguel playing 3B was great as well.
thelawoffices

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
Oh my word. You want to unleash that on these mortals? Laughing

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
I'm like the human highlight reel even though I never play volleyball but that's beside the point.

#JDI
DetroitSpirit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelawoffices wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
thelawoffices wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
Historically speaking, that is usually best way to solve problems.

I have a really good response to this, but I can't post it. :cry: :lol:

It could've been the bright spot of my day too. Aw man.

It would have been. That's what happens when you live in Detroit.

Nothing bad dark skies and storms here in Detroit. We sleep on the floor we're so scared of drive by's. We walk around with our wallets in our hands so the muggings hurt less.
thelawoffices

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownieTheElf wrote:
Fielder signing/Miguel playing 3B was great as well.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=477900&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Good lord, 55 pages. Laughing

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
I'm like the human highlight reel even though I never play volleyball but that's beside the point.

#JDI
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
It can be better all it wants. One team is in the playoffs and the other isn't, it doesn't make a difference what division their in lol.
lol ignorance is bliss

What is so ignorant about that? The fact it disproves your opinion?

Brought to you from the same people that argued earlier this season that Austin Jackson was more important to the Tigers because his WAR was higher. If a hitter has a higher batting avg, does that make them a better hitter? How ignorant.

WAR is a highly flawed stat, made up to try to get an idea. By no means is it even close to accurate. If you go to 2 different sites, they will have 2 different WARS for the same player. There isn't even a set formula, much less a way to judge accuracy.

Most valuable player. Trout was my favorite for the award all season until the last week and a half or so. At this point it has became clear that he is so important that he helped his team sit out October.

Trout got 30HRs from the leadoff spot, that's great. All you are telling me is that he should have been moved down the lineup so he had more RBI opps. Maybe if he got more chances with players on base we could have seen how he performs under a bit more pressure and if he could have been important enough to get his team into the goal of the season......the playoffs. At least he was able to jack up his pretty looking stats though so ignorant people could make a failed argument for him.

So Trout has done something only 3 players have ever done? Interesting, just heard a stat that Cabrera's season has only been replicated 3 times as well. Twice by Lou Gehrig and once by Babe Ruth. Pretty good company.

Miggy leads the AL by over 40 total bases. Is leading in all 3 triple crown cats, and has lead his team to the goal.....the playoffs.

There really is no argument anymore. Conversely, had LAA made it to the playoffs, it may have been hard to argue against Trout.......but live in your ignorance and continue to call others ignorant. Clearly it is your only defense when you know you are wrong.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
Please, always and forever ignore every single solitary post from Ruskie in this, and any forum.

The only substance that comes from him is in TAST, where substance isn't required. Laughing

Is this a personal attack?

How about you discredit my facts, rather than the poster.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How I feel waking up to see 15 more pages on this thread:

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
Slateman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
How I feel waking up to see 15 more pages on this thread:

Same here. Was like .... waitwat
Typical_Lions

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the first 6 pages before the personal attacks wore me down and decided to skip to the end but I wanted to say that while Cabrera is obviously not a base stealer he is certainly a top notch baserunner.

I think that Miggy will win it but believe that what Trout has done this year is incredibly special and that he should get the award even if Miggy wins the triple crown.
Slateman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical_Lions wrote:
I read the first 6 pages before the personal attacks wore me down and decided to skip to the end but I wanted to say that while Cabrera is obviously not a base stealer he is certainly a top notch baserunner.

I think that Miggy will win it but believe that what Trout has done this year is incredibly special and that he should get the award even if Miggy wins the triple crown.

Top notch? No.

Smart? Yes. But "top notch," as in, an elite base runner, has to have speed. You have to score from second on a hard hit base hit. Miggy can't do that. Trout is an elite baserunner. Miggy is not.

Trout is having the best season. Even if we disregard defense, Trout is still having the best season. If we judge it by that alone, then Trout is the legit MVP.

If you're going to include intangibles, then you have to consider Cabrera competing for a Triple Crown and essentially getting his team to the playoffs with his bat. Dude has been a beast in September.

But then we go in to the age old argument of whether or not stats in baseball tell the whole story or not.
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whomever moderates this forum blows and needs to be replaced.
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
chipperboy1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I get for working extra hours this week.

I'm locking this thread. Guys, personal attacks on people are NOT warranted here. Some people are having PMs sent their way.

EDIT:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
green24 wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
Miguel Cabrera is so good at the plate, he has the edge. Defense between the two is close but they play different positions.

Trout has had a very good season but he fell off towards the end.

Wait... what? Mike Trout is arguably te defensive player in all of baseball. Cabrera is poor, at best.

Don't listen to him...

He comes in here every once in a while and says the stupidest thing possible to get a rise out of people.

Just don't respond, he's a troll. Always has been.

Mesa, this is a warning.

Quote:
2. Personal attacks, name calling, and threats to other members are not allowed.

Webmaster

Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan has been banned for a month.

In the future, I expect members to contact a moderator when a topic like this gets so out of hand. If a baseball mod is not around, contact a global moderator.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25
Page 25 of 25

Jump to: