Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why Is There No Pressure on the Broncos This Post-Season?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Why Is There No Pressure on the Broncos This Post-Season? Reply with quote

It's amazing to me how much the media is giving the Broncos a free pass when it comes to pressure of performing this post-season

We're talking about a team that won a playoff game last year with a QB that most regard as so poor that he will be lucky to get a job as a clip board holder in the Canadian Football League next year

And their current starting QB they are paying a whopping $20 million dollars a year going forward if he's healthy enough to pass a physical (which he clearly should be now that his neck appears fully healed)

Now the Broncos very well could run the table and have an amazing 14 game winning streak

But it just amazes me how I've seen virtually no major media outlet try to put any pressure on the Broncos this post-season

I've seen pressure on the Falcons, the 49ers for their Kaepernick decision, the Texans, the Ravens, and the Pats

But none in the direction of the Broncos. And I'm not just talking about the pressure of winning a Super Bowl, but a single playoff game


Now I fully expect the Broncos to dominate the Ravens, but if they don't I feel like the media is going to totally give them a pass because of the pass they've given them thus far
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DontTazeMeBro


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 25164
Location: 321
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because there is no way they can possibly not win it all. They have Peyton Manning who is infallible and no one can play at Mile High as a visitor and not have their lungs collapse. So why would there be any pressure?
_________________


Free Ray Rice
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Papa-Pwn


Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 635
Location: Colorado/South Carolina
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno. I expect them to win it all, and I'm sure most Denver fans and a good percentage of other teams' fans do as well.

Sounds like pressure to me
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 46672
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The air pressure is very low in Denver.
_________________

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Because there is no way they can possibly not win it all. They have Peyton Manning who is infallible and no one can play at Mile High as a visitor and not have their lungs collapse. So why would there be any pressure?


You're right. It's just a foregone conclusion they are going to win it all

Media just doesn't want to play spoiler
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Papa-Pwn wrote:
Dunno. I expect them to win it all, and I'm sure most Denver fans and a good percentage of other teams' fans do as well.

Sounds like pressure to me


There may be slight pressure on them on the local level. But probably not nearly as much as several other cities and on a national level they are getting a complete free pass

I mean if you asked what two teams left in the playoffs had the least amount of pressure to win a playoff game this weekend it would be the Packers and Seahawks on a national level. Seahawks because they have a rookie QB and no one expected them to be here

Packers because their SUper Bowl title is still fresh in everyone's minds and they are on the road

But in terms of scrutiny, the Broncos have had just as little pressure imposed on them as those two teams which is kind of a joke from the media perspective

Is this just because the media loves Peyton Manning so much or am I missing something?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dunderhead


Joined: 13 Nov 2009
Posts: 2547
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP seems very passionate about this issue. He should like start an online petition to ban the media. Maybe grassroots this thing and start picketing. Maybe turn off the TV and read a book, too.

We all really need to do something to stop the media. Perhaps there's a nuclear option? An invasion?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jakuvious


Joined: 06 Sep 2010
Posts: 8547
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went over something similar in another thread. Same answer I gave there.

Peyton Manning Peyton Manning Peyton Manning Peyton Manning
_________________

Adopt-a-Chief: Brandon Flowers
45 Tackles, 1 sack, 1 Interception, 32 INT yards, 5 PDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rejuvenation


Joined: 20 Sep 2010
Posts: 1739
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be a massive amount in my opinion but I definitely don't see as much being placed on them by outsiders. Home field advantage in the AFC and Manning at the age he is should mean super bowl or bust this year and every year moving forward.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunderhead wrote:
OP seems very passionate about this issue. He should like start an online petition to ban the media. Maybe grassroots this thing and start picketing. Maybe turn off the TV and read a book, too.

We all really need to do something to stop the media. Perhaps there's a nuclear option? An invasion?


Would you or would you not agree that it's a bit peculiar that a team that ditched a QB because he couldn't get them over the hump in the post-season going forward isn't even getting one iota of pressure to win a SINGLE PLAYOFF GAME, let alone the Super Bowl?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rejuvenation wrote:
There should be a massive amount in my opinion but I definitely don't see as much being placed on them by outsiders. Home field advantage in the AFC and Manning at the age he is should mean super bowl or bust this year and every year moving forward.


Im glad a few see it. I mean considering

Their record
Manning's age (not a spring chicken)
Manning's contract (he's making $20+ million going forward so basically highest paid player in the league)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can call me crazy all you want but I think it has to do with the two extreme positions they have about the Broncos QB that started for them last year and the current one

Peyton Manning the media is obsessed with and would give him the MVP every year if they could.

Tim Tebow to the media is a circus freak clown that should never be behind center


You combine those extremes and the Broncos are getting no outside pressure whatsoever put on them which is unprecedented in this day and age of media
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RandyMossIsBoss


Joined: 01 Jun 2012
Posts: 17032
Location: Peppers90 on the sig, Justo on the avy
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny because this thread was made by a Falcons fan... Seems like someone is trying to make it so that when the Falcons lose in their first game for the 4th time in 5 years it won't look as bad. All the pressure is on Ryan and the Falcons, no other team even comes close to that pressure amount.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GmenSeattle


Moderator
Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 10013
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They got this far with Tebow so why would there be more pressure now that they have Manning?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dunderhead


Joined: 13 Nov 2009
Posts: 2547
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Dunderhead wrote:
OP seems very passionate about this issue. He should like start an online petition to ban the media. Maybe grassroots this thing and start picketing. Maybe turn off the TV and read a book, too.

We all really need to do something to stop the media. Perhaps there's a nuclear option? An invasion?


Would you or would you not agree that it's a bit peculiar that a team that ditched a QB because he couldn't get them over the hump in the post-season going forward isn't even getting one iota of pressure to win a SINGLE PLAYOFF GAME, let alone the Super Bowl?


You're asking the wrong dude. I mean, you say the media, I dunno what that even means. I don't watch sports talk shows. I go to PFT, chat boards, um websites of newspapers and the like.

When I look stuff up I guess I look for weird and different opinions. Maybe get a fun fact. Maybe learn who's hot who's not. But the whole taking people's opinions to heart? It's just kinda funny.

And even if what you say is true (I really don't know or care) what is the media supposed to do? Threaten to curb stomp Manning if he doesn't win a Super Bowl?

It's cute the way fans have a pretend sorta way of looking at things. Pressure? They're all under pressure all the time. The reason they all have jobs is because they're the best. If they aren't they'll get replaced. Really isn't much loyalty in the NFL. And even the SB champ will see players lose jobs next season because a player here or there is better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group