Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jeff Driskel Gator QB
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dregolll

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Jeff Driskel Gator QB Reply with quote

Guy seems like he is legit, great size, great arm strength, and can really move for a man his size. My question is, do you guys see him as top overall pick in whichever draft he may come out in. I think he has #1 overall pick potential. What are your thoughts?
Nobody

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't often decide a guy has #1 potential from one game against a bad Kentucky team. He was very impressive, we'll see how the rest of the season plays out.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Jeff Driskel Gator QB Reply with quote

dregolll wrote:
Guy seems like he is legit, great size, great arm strength, and can really move for a man his size. My question is, do you guys see him as top overall pick in whichever draft he may come out in. I think he has #1 overall pick potential. What are your thoughts?

I don't see #1 overall pick material at this point. He needs significant mechanical work, release is slow, spotty accuracy and questionable decision making, etc.

That said he's young and has a lot of time to clean that up.
BuckeyeSloopy82

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive never been incredibly impressed by him

BBL on the Sig
HighMotorGuy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He looks pretty bad. Every one of his passes against UK was either a prayer or too high
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something to consider is that he is only a sophomore. Give him two more years and I expect him to be a pretty decent prospect. I don't think he will be a #1, and at this point I think it would be wishful thinking if he is a 1st round. But he has potential and time to develop.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never really been impressed while watching him play and while he has shown glimpses of NFL potential I don't ever see him developing into anything more than a mid-round quarterback prospect. I understand he's only a true sophomore, but when you look at a guy like Teddy Bridgewater tearing it up as a true sophomore it makes Driskel look mehhh.

I'm all over the Bridgewater for #1 overall in '15 bandwagon though. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came away impressed with this kid. He seems like he's got a lot of potential. has a cannon and pretty good pocket presence for a young QB. Is a bit raw in certain areas, but he's got the whole year to make those improvements and next year. He's definately got 1st round potential. Just watching him maneuver the pocket, step up and fire a strike.

Reminds me of Matt Stafford.
Giantsfan80

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been extremely disappointed with Driskel. I loved his game coming out of high school and compared him to Jake Locker, but all he is is a game manager on a very good team and - in a way- a liability. You never have to fear the QB taking over the game because Driskel is going to manage and try "not to lose". Has he had his moments? Very few, but yes. But when you compare him to Teddy Bridgewater and Johnny Manziel, hes a disappointment. He is NFLDS #2 QB in his class, and I really do not know why.
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of potential here. Decent accuracy, good arm strength, good size, and dual threat. Definitely needs to develop as a passer, but he has two years to do so

I hate the Jaguars
BBando

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
I've never really been impressed while watching him play and while he has shown glimpses of NFL potential I don't ever see him developing into anything more than a mid-round quarterback prospect. I understand he's only a true sophomore, but when you look at a guy like Teddy Bridgewater tearing it up as a true sophomore it makes Driskel look mehhh.

no question TB is the better QB. But you have to bring opponents into the equation.

garbage
Giantsfan80

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:

no question TB is the better QB. But you have to bring opponents into the equation.

Teddy pretty much dominates everyone, while Driskel struggles against just about everyone. Unless you put him on the 5 yard line. Its the other 95 yards he has trouble with. Big East or not, Teddy has developed where Driskel hasnt.
Supersuavesky

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Driskell is horrible.

RIP Robin Williams
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuckeyeSloopy82 wrote:
Ive never been incredibly impressed by him

Remove the incredibly and that's how I feel as well. The word slow comes to mind whenever I think about him...
alfalcone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He plays like NFL Tebow as a college player, 7th round pick at best if he doesn't show marked improvement.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: