Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Todd Gurley
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yupyup wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
yupyup wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
yupyup wrote:
Gurley definitely looking like the best back in his class, and to me is already the best RB prospect in the country regardless of class.

Laughing

Who would you rather have? I'm not saying if he came out now I'd take him over anyone. But by the time he's a Jr. it's not all that unlikely he'll be that highly regarded.

People always overreact when they see new players enter the fold. Gurley has certainly played well but what defense has he played?

Marcus Lattimore is still the best RB prospect in the country. Gurley has the talent to be the best very soon but he lacks the all around game Lattimore has right now.

So essentially you agree with me? I may have worded my original post poorly, but the point I was trying to get across was this: When Todd Gurley is draft eligible he will be the best RB prospect out of the 2013, 2014 and 2015 classes. He isn't better then Lattimore now, but when he's a Jr. I think he will be.

I don't know how good Missouri's D is, or UT's. But he's looked great against every team he's played and those two are usually good opponents. I mean he's leading the SEC in TD's while splitting time, that's pretty insane.

You worded it very poorly.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
yupyup

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
yupyup wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
yupyup wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
yupyup wrote:
Gurley definitely looking like the best back in his class, and to me is already the best RB prospect in the country regardless of class.

Laughing

Who would you rather have? I'm not saying if he came out now I'd take him over anyone. But by the time he's a Jr. it's not all that unlikely he'll be that highly regarded.

People always overreact when they see new players enter the fold. Gurley has certainly played well but what defense has he played?

Marcus Lattimore is still the best RB prospect in the country. Gurley has the talent to be the best very soon but he lacks the all around game Lattimore has right now.

So essentially you agree with me? I may have worded my original post poorly, but the point I was trying to get across was this: When Todd Gurley is draft eligible he will be the best RB prospect out of the 2013, 2014 and 2015 classes. He isn't better then Lattimore now, but when he's a Jr. I think he will be.

I don't know how good Missouri's D is, or UT's. But he's looked great against every team he's played and those two are usually good opponents. I mean he's leading the SEC in TD's while splitting time, that's pretty insane.

You worded it very poorly.

I can admit that. But the point I was trying to make is a good one Cool

Aaron Rodgers becomes a top 10 QB again [X]
USC looks like a top 15 team []
Todd Gurley becomes a household name []
Nobody

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top 5 pick, I can tell already. It would take some serious regression for him not to be.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a pure physical standpoint, Gurley is much better than Lattimore. More power, strength, and speed. Even if he never really develops the hands or pass protection of Lattimore, Gurley can still be the best RB prospect in his class, just like Adrian Peterson. Marshawn Lynch was the more complete RB compared to Peterson that year.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

norcalgsr wrote:
From a pure physical standpoint, Gurley is much better than Lattimore. More power, strength, and speed. Even if he never really develops the hands or pass protection of Lattimore, Gurley can still be the best RB prospect in his class, just like Adrian Peterson. Marshawn Lynch was the more complete RB compared to Peterson that year.

Yea, I'm not buying more power and strength. And sorry but Lattimore and Marshawn aren't even close in terms of receiving and blocking ability.

Don't underestimate the amount of difference that receiving ability can make but people are selling Lattimore short on his running ability because he's not yet back from his knee injury.

Lattimore's quickness for a back his size is incredibly impressive and it really sets up his power game well. On top of that, he's already a great pass protector and receiver out of the back-field.

norcalgsr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
norcalgsr wrote:

Yea, I'm not buying more power and strength. And sorry but Lattimore and Marshawn aren't even close in terms of receiving and blocking ability.

Don't underestimate the amount of difference that receiving ability can make but people are selling Lattimore short on his running ability because he's not yet back from his knee injury.

Lattimore's quickness for a back his size is incredibly impressive and it really sets up his power game well. On top of that, he's already a great pass protector and receiver out of the back-field.

Lynch 68 career college receptions. Mattimore 61.

Lattimore is only 218. Not sure what you mean by "a back his size". He has a thin build like Darren McFadden.
TheGoldenChild

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:
Top 5 pick, I can tell already. It would take some serious regression for him not to be.

Not in this day and age.
yupyup

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGoldenChild wrote:
Nobody wrote:

Not in this day and age.

He's certainly talented enough, but elaborating on what you're saying, RB's just won't go that high.

jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

norcalgsr wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
norcalgsr wrote:

Lattimore is only 218. Not sure what you mean by "a back his size". He has a thin build like Darren McFadden.

He is not a thinly built back at all. Shows what you know. He was actually playing at 230 last year. He dropped some weight this year because he's coming off a knee injury but he'll probably play in the NFL around 225. He's built a lot like Arian Foster.

As for Lynch, he had 600 yards in 35 career games(17.1 YPG). Lattimore has 687 yards in 25 career games(27.5 YPG). And that's without considering the fact that Lynch was in Tedford's system vs. Spurrier's system or Lynch's QB vs. Lattimore's QB.

And then when you look at Lynch in the NFL, it's blatantly clear he's not a good receiving HB. So if you have the ability to evaluate football past stats, you'd recognize that Lattimore is far better of a receiving HB than Lynch.

ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yupyup wrote:
TheGoldenChild wrote:
Nobody wrote:

Not in this day and age.

He's certainly talented enough, but elaborating on what you're saying, RB's just won't go that high.

Confused One just did in last years draft.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
yupyup wrote:
TheGoldenChild wrote:
Nobody wrote:

Not in this day and age.

Yea, I always lol at people who say this. Someone actually challenged me to it and we found that(I think it was before the 2012 draft) over the last 5 years, there had been just as many HBs selected in the 1st round as WRs.

norcalgsr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
norcalgsr wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
norcalgsr wrote:

He is not a thinly built back at all. Shows what you know. He was actually playing at 230 last year. He dropped some weight this year because he's coming off a knee injury but he'll probably play in the NFL around 225. He's built a lot like Arian Foster.

As for Lynch, he had 600 yards in 35 career games(17.1 YPG). Lattimore has 687 yards in 25 career games(27.5 YPG). And that's without considering the fact that Lynch was in Tedford's system vs. Spurrier's system or Lynch's QB vs. Lattimore's QB.

And then when you look at Lynch in the NFL, it's blatantly clear he's not a good receiving HB. So if you have the ability to evaluate football past stats, you'd recognize that Lattimore is far better of a receiving HB than Lynch.

I'm watching South Carolina right now. I don't care what he was listed at last year. There was no way he was 230 last year anyway. He did not look that thick last year. Arian Foster "looks" much thicker than Lattimore.

Guys like Ronnie Brown and Deuce McAllister were 230 and were "thick". Lattimore not even close.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

norcalgsr wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
norcalgsr wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
norcalgsr wrote:

I'm watching South Carolina right now. I don't care what he was listed at last year. There was no way he was 230 last year anyway. He did not look that thick last year. Arian Foster "looks" much thicker than Lattimore.

You can watch whatever you want, you don't know what you're talking about. He was 230 last year. I've seen the guy in person many times.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/40065/bigger-stronger-lattimore-back-for-more
Quote:
South Carolina running back Marcus Lattimore, who earned national freshman of the year honors last season, said following practice Thursday that hed bulked up to 233 pounds.

/discussion

norcalgsr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
norcalgsr wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
norcalgsr wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
norcalgsr wrote:

You can watch whatever you want, you don't know what you're talking about. He was 230 last year. I've seen the guy in person many times.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/40065/bigger-stronger-lattimore-back-for-more
Quote:
South Carolina running back Marcus Lattimore, who earned national freshman of the year honors last season, said following practice Thursday that hed bulked up to 233 pounds.

/discussion

I've never seen a prospect in person. I must not know what I'm talking about.

He's built more like Daniel Thomas and Brandon Bolden.
yupyup

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
yupyup wrote:
TheGoldenChild wrote:
Nobody wrote:

Not in this day and age.

I know, but in three years?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: