Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

It's been fun

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: It's been fun Reply with quote

I have enjoyed talking Saints football with all of you...but I am done with the NFL. This is my last post in this forum. I have come to the realization that I hate the NFL more than I love the Saints. I cannot support the product any more. The bounty situation was one thing...but now it is dragging into the season. I simply do not trust that the referees are being partial toward the Saints. Taking well earned points off the board is where I draw the line. I won't be back until Goodell is gone from football.
Raves

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: It's been fun Reply with quote

sammymvpknight wrote:
I have enjoyed talking Saints football with all of you...but I am done with the NFL. This is my last post in this forum. I have come to the realization that I hate the NFL more than I love the Saints. I cannot support the product any more. The bounty situation was one thing...but now it is dragging into the season. I simply do not trust that the referees are being partial toward the Saints. Taking well earned points off the board is where I draw the line. I won't be back until Goodell is gone from football.

Truthfully the scoop and score might not have been possible either since he did give himself up, but the replacement refs are horrid really as they just don't know what they are doing

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
lifeinthaboot

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how you feel. I could have sworn that Brees' safety should have got put on the 1 yard line. His knees was on the players body and I thought he he got the ball out of the endzone. It doesn't matter if it was a fumble or not afterwards because the official called it dead. Tough day all around.
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't tell you how to feel, but I refuse to play the victim card. Hope to see you around again, but it sounds like you've made up your mind.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not trying to be a <insert expletive of choice here>... but get over it. The refs aren't purposely targetting the Saints. What Goodell did w/ the bounty situation was terrible, but it's only one year. Like TD said, I can't tell you how to feel; but I think you're overreacting. Confused
Pugger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of Packer fans were ready to say screw the NFL after Monday night but now you aren't seeing that sentiment as much. Time heals all wounds as they say.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
A lot of Packer fans were ready to say screw the NFL after Monday night but now you aren't seeing that sentiment as much. Time heals all wounds as they say.

And what happened to the Packers was 100x worse than whatever the OP thinks is happening to the Saints.

I've seen some bad calls go against the Saints, but none of them were game altering calls, and there's no reason to think they were intentionally bad calls.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
Pugger wrote:

And what happened to the Packers was 100x worse than whatever the OP thinks is happening to the Saints.

I've seen some bad calls go against the Saints, but none of them were game altering calls, and there's no reason to think they were intentionally bad calls.

Honestly, aside from the complete non-existance of offensive pass interference, and the "controlled" chaos, the replacements did a good job... In the Saints' games.... Not so much for the Packers or Patriots.

2012 Adopt-A-Saint:
Martez Wilson, DE: 1 Sack, 6 Tackles, 1 FF, 1 Punt Block
Will Smith, DE: 2 Sacks, 22 Tackles, 0 FF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: