Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Calling it now, we new a new QB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside Geno Dmith there's no qb's in this draft, we'd have to trade for a Rivers or a Kapernick,Cousins,Sanchez,McCoy........barf
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freeman looked poor yesterday, but I don't think you can put it all on him. His pocket awareness is poor. Look at the Ware sack/ fumble. Josh has to feel that coming. Whether that's a problem with his footwork, I don't know.

His numbers look a lot poorer than the should due to the drops. Although, he made a few good decisions where he just got rid of the ball.

I really want to see the offense opened up allowing Freeman to be aggressive as he looks good when we're attacking like that.

Whether Freeman is just too conservative when the game is close or the receivers just aren't getting open is anyones guess, but the playcalling really needs to adapt to his stregths.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
What makes things worse is all this crap we always hear about josh in the offseasons about how he's lost weight, looking good, committed to the game, "he's a top 5 QB", all this hype, only to show up in games like that.. pisses me off...

I'm willing to be patient with him though, I still think we could compete in the playoffs with him as our QB.. IF ALEX SMITH CAN DO IT ANYONE CAN

There's risk there. Wait another 2 years and he still tanks? Then you set your franchise back another 3-5 years and probably looking at another coach And gm. If freeman isn't our guy and he really doesn't look like it then our franchise has gone backwards. I think we move on from Josh if no improvement is seen.

I could definately see us going for Geno Smith. He's legit.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair or not, when an offense struggles as badly as we did yesterday the blame is going to be thrown squarely on the QB. And Freeman deserves it. That might have been his worst game as a pro. It was almost like he was glued to the pocket. No pocket presence, no scrambling...just a sitting duck. Very robotic. Very Drew Bledsoe/Byron Leftwich-like.

The stubborn playcalling and our WRs not being able to separate (outside of V-Jax) are doing Freeman no favors, but games like yesterday are inexcusable. We all knew that this offense was going to be a work in progress, but we can't be this inept. We just can't be. We wasted a tremendously gutsy performance by the defense yesterday because we couldn't do a damn thing on offense.

Offensively we have A LOT to fix, but it starts with Freeman. He needs to be better.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at the game yesterday and free looked terrible in person. The play calling was awful as well. Every time I want to get on the me QB bandwagon he goes and has a drive like the field goal drive at the end of the game.

Free lacks pocket presence there were a few instances where he didn't step up in the pocket when he felt pressure. I also wonder if someone tells him not to run cause he rarely does. One of my major knocks on Free is he lacks that killer instinct all of the good QBs have it. Case in point during yesterday's game there was a play where Witten I think was open in the flat and Dez was single covered up top. Romo threw and completed the deep pass. Free takes the check down in that scenario.

I always read you guys complaints about WR failing to get separation. Their not gonna get miles of separation in this league. Their gonna have to win a one on one fight for for the ball. Or Free has to show some anticipation and throw them open. If the WR makes a cut and the DB is behind him in the NFL that's open.

I do agree that the play calling has been terrible. I haven't seen a single bootleg all year. The play calling on our final drive should have been what we started the game with. Like I said before the play calling was terrible.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nate340 wrote:
I was at the game yesterday and free looked terrible in person. The play calling was awful as well. Every time I want to get on the me QB bandwagon he goes and has a drive like the field goal drive at the end of the game.

Free lacks pocket presence there were a few instances where he didn't step up in the pocket when he felt pressure. I also wonder if someone tells him not to run cause he rarely does. One of my major knocks on Free is he lacks that killer instinct all of the good QBs have it. Case in point during yesterday's game there was a play where Witten I think was open in the flat and Dez was single covered up top. Romo threw and completed the deep pass. Free takes the check down in that scenario.

I always read you guys complaints about WR failing to get separation. Their not gonna get miles of separation in this league. Their gonna have to win a one on one fight for for the ball. Or Free has to show some anticipation and throw them open. If the WR makes a cut and the DB is behind him in the NFL that's open.

I do agree that the play calling has been terrible. I haven't seen a single bootleg all year. The play calling on our final drive should have been what we started the game with. Like I said before the play calling was terrible.

This. He doesn't know how to do any of this. Several fans still blame the talent around him and its not. Wrs don't get much separation. The qb needs to get it out on anticipation and do a better job scanning the field. You ca do a lot of damage by looking ur DBS off with head ad we movement. Freeman cannot do that and I think he's so used to it to the point it's hard to break.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna make this quick. As bad as Freeman looked, when a teams offensive play calling is as stubborn and poor as ours, Joe Montana wouldn't be successful. Once we stop being so bull headed on offense and figure out what a pass play is I bet you Freeman looks better on a more consistent basis. OUR OFFENSE IS MORE BOARING THAN MARTY BALL.. Freeman's pick was all Benn's fault as well. Not making excuses for Freeman but you gotta think our play calling isn't helping any.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
I'm gonna make this quick. As bad as Freeman looked, when a teams offensive play calling is as stubborn and poor as ours, Joe Montana wouldn't be successful. Once we stop being so bull headed on offense and figure out what a pass play is I bet you Freeman looks better on a more consistent basis. OUR OFFENSE IS MORE BOARING THAN MARTY BALL.. Freeman's pick was all Benn's fault as well. Not making excuses for Freeman but you gotta think our play calling isn't helping any.

Benns fault? You mean dh ware ?
Bucs00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am giving Freeman this season before i officially loose faith in him. Doesnt look good so far.

I am hoping his bad play is caused by low confidence(better than not progressing). You can see that he has no confidence at all. Escpecially against Cowboys it was clear. He was in panic mode. He doesnt look like Freeman from 2010 who enjoyed pressuring sitsuations.

However He isn't getting much help. We would have probably won that game with Olson as OC. Wrs suck. Whats up with MW? He still cant get open.

Freeman needs to be the one who steps up. He is not rookie anymore.

Edit.

Last edited by Bucs00 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys don't know how lucky you are...you could have Matt Cassel. Seriously, is the Bucs O-Line any good? I know the weapons are below average overall and you can't run the ball...he's still young and has the talent, we'd love to have that combination in KC.

Only the established QB's are gonna do a whole lot with what he's got to work with....still I know he should play better than he is.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
You guys don't know how lucky you are...you could have Matt Cassel. Seriously, is the Bucs O-Line any good? I know the weapons are below average overall and you can't run the ball...he's still young and has the talent, we'd love to have that combination in KC.

Only the established QB's are gonna do a whole lot with what he's got to work with....still I know he should play better than he is.

Sorry dude but I would trade Freeman for Cassel straight up right now

Whoever said it was right, the problem isn't our OC it's freeman
And as its been said unfortunately there aren't any good QBS worth taking in this draft that we could get
We are stuck with him for at least next season
Whoever said to trade for tebow, at least our ticket sales would get a boost
Tebow couldn't be that much worse either
Any clown can throw for 30yards a game

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get to see anything other than highlights from yesterday's game vs Dallas. I know they have a solid secondary and a good pass rush, but 10/28? Really?

Was Freeman as bad as the stat line suggests?
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR0NM1KE wrote:
I didn't get to see anything other than highlights from yesterday's game vs Dallas. I know they have a solid secondary and a good pass rush, but 10/28? Really?

Was Freeman as bad as the stat line suggests?

He was worse, but nobody did anything to help him either.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im telling you, while Freeman has shown some significant flaws, when we run 2 strait times then have a 3rd and long every time, any QB would be looking that bad. Half of this blame goes to the coaches. I dont care if you have Vincent Jackson or Megatron. When its 3rd and long and the D knows you are going to pass, or run again which is just a give up play, the top WR is going to be doubled and doubled well. Any QB would have problems. The throws behind WRs however is another story.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
Im telling you, while Freeman has shown some significant flaws, when we run 2 strait times then have a 3rd and long every time, any QB would be looking that bad. Half of this blame goes to the coaches. I dont care if you have Vincent Jackson or Megatron. When its 3rd and long and the D knows you are going to pass, or run again which is just a give up play, the top WR is going to be doubled and doubled well. Any QB would have problems. The throws behind WRs however is another story.

You're also forgetting how he fails to read coverages before snaps adjust against the blitz and stare down one side of the field and never take his eyes off that side. Yeah the coaches of Dallas pointed that out to Aikman. That's a huge flaw right there. Qb does that the offense goes no where.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: