Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

it's all about execution
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rivers

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: it's all about execution Reply with quote

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Its-about-execution-for-the-defense/b19c6dff-5f59-479e-9db1-e18fd60c79e8

I will have to see this solve the problem to believe it. I am currently on the side of some of the grumpy fans here that think the scheme is limiting vs many opponents. Those opponents that have decent to good passing games and can run half decently will be a problem for this team under the current scheme / personnel. If Harrison returns back to old form as does Troy, then it will be close to the way it was. Add press man to man coverage, then I still think this team could "compete" as they say. 2 DPOY's on the sideline is something we should consider I suppose Idea

It will be interesting to see how this season unfolds, wrt to how this team adapts. Officiating, well, that is another story I suppose Laughing I can see many shootouts with this team as is, since the D scheme and current roster leans that way. I see 3 good corners for man to man coverage scheme and it could help - it worked vs brady last year.

While we were all hoping for 2008 D with 2005 OL running game + recent passing game, we have been dealt a cold hand. I think this season will show what the coaches are made of. Tomlin and kugler are the ones I am going to blame and lebeau has a mulligan since 2 DPOY's are out, but no more mulligans once they come back or at least when Troy is back.

Keth, I am looking forward to your reviews from the catch 2-2 tape footage. Maybe ask us which reviews we would like the most? Probably could start a charity here for ya Idea
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avatar size maximum is 80x80......... Not 905x575!

Fix, replace or remove.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
Avatar size maximum is 80x80......... Not 905x575!

Fix, replace or remove.

LMAO

Thats funny stuff.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, the execution of your avatar pic is lacking!!
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol...thats his avatar...lol

...you have a forum resume?
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree. We need Harrison and Polamalu back, for sure. Sweet avi, btw!

Go Noles!
3rivers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:

notice there were no 2008 OL in the avi Embarassed

aside from the avi which is gone, perhaps some comments about this execution theory thread?
3rivers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:

notice there were no 2008 OL in the avi Embarassed

aside from the avi which is gone, perhaps some comments about this execution theory thread?
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: it's all about execution Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Its-about-execution-for-the-defense/b19c6dff-5f59-479e-9db1-e18fd60c79e8

I will have to see this solve the problem to believe it. I am currently on the side of some of the grumpy fans here that think the scheme is limiting vs many opponents. Those opponents that have decent to good passing games and can run half decently will be a problem for this team under the current scheme / personnel. If Harrison returns back to old form as does Troy, then it will be close to the way it was. Add press man to man coverage, then I still think this team could "compete" as they say. 2 DPOY's on the sideline is something we should consider I suppose Idea

It will be interesting to see how this season unfolds, wrt to how this team adapts. Officiating, well, that is another story I suppose Laughing I can see many shootouts with this team as is, since the D scheme and current roster leans that way. I see 3 good corners for man to man coverage scheme and it could help - it worked vs brady last year.

While we were all hoping for 2008 D with 2005 OL running game + recent passing game, we have been dealt a cold hand. I think this season will show what the coaches are made of. Tomlin and kugler are the ones I am going to blame and lebeau has a mulligan since 2 DPOY's are out, but no more mulligans once they come back or at least when Troy is back.

Keth, I am looking forward to your reviews from the catch 2-2 tape footage. Maybe ask us which reviews we would like the most? Probably could start a charity here for ya Idea

No...LeBeau absoutely does not get a "mulligan". I love the guy, but people need to stop making excuses and giving him slack because of his past. It would be one thing if the lack of Troy and/or Harrison was the main problem, but it isnt. Will it help to have them back? Of course, but regardless of who we have on the field, things like playing soft coverage and not attacking are going to be our downfall. Even when they have been healthy over the last couple years, it was easy to see the chinks in LeBeaiu's armor. Couple that with the fact that our current defense is very vulnerable vs zone blocking and we are likely to see several 100+ yard rushers.

LeBeau's inability to adjust and adapt is why I am having an issue with him right now. He seems content on letting teams do the same things over and over. Even with injuries, the playoff game vs Denver was utterly disgraceful. He made ZERO changes, even after it became evident changes need to be made. I realize that with Mundy things were somewhat limited, but even then, you have to make some type of adjustment. Instead, he just let it roll thinking Tebow would make a mistake and it never happened.

No one should be making excuses for him anymore. I love the guy just as much as anyone,. but this isnt a charity. It was the same with Aaron Smtih, Hines Ward and Jerome Bettis. All were beloved by us fans for what they helped do for this franchise, but when their time is up, their time is up. What they did in the past is just that...the past, and shouldnt be used to make excuses for their current shortcomings.

Do I think our defense will improve with Harrison and Troy back? Yes.

Do I think LeBeau will iron out some of the kinks? Yes.

But I still think LeBeau and this defense will struggle against zone blocking teams and the no huddle....partly because of execution...partly because of scheme....partly because of poor playcalling.

Kugler needs fired immediately IMO. I gave him the benefit of the doubt for two seasons because of the lack of talent, but regardless, its easy to tell this guy is a bum. Our OLineman make the same mistakes over and over and over and the lack of discipline is disgusting. Little to no improvement of any of our players, and that includes Pouncey, who IMO has progressed much since his rookie year, despite having a world of potential. The longer they keep Kugler on, the longer I see Mo being held back, and that trickles down to guys like Gilbert, Adams and DeCastro as well, because I see them being held back by him too.

Look at how drastically Buffalo improved after this bum left.

Changes need to be made next offseason. Major ones. The offense has crazy potential but is held back by the OLine, which IMO stems from Kugler's incompetence. And the defense needs to be tailored more to our current talent and skillset, and the current state of how offenses our attacking us. The days of dominant read and react players like Snack and Demo are gone.....our future Dline....from Heyward, to Ziggy to even Ta'amu, are more about attacking. Not, as keth would say, "titfighting". It worked for years in a league that was more balanced, but with the increasing caliber of QBs leaguewide and the pass happy offenses, we are not suited to stop it on a regular basis.

I dont have all the answers. Hell, I may not have any. But some of the changes that are needed are extremely obvious.

The future is now. The longer we put off making these changes, the more difficult it will be going forward.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
at23steelers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@43: Wow, maybe your best post yet!! 43 for Offensive Line coach!!!!!!! Wink
treat88

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: it's all about execution Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Kugler needs fired immediately IMO.

100% agreed with this.

We continue to see the same lack of awareness, lack of discipline, and lack of conditioning permeate this OL.

I can live with the inconsistencies of the physical/technique concerns every OL in the NFL deals with, but I cannot accept the continued flat out lack of intelligence these guys display and have displayed for years.

They are fat, dumb, and slow.

I am still optimistic about Pouncey and DD, but I now fear that the OL culture that seems to be accepted in the Steelers organization will prevent them from realizing their immense potential.

Throw in the now inarguable fact that Kugs is an absolute goocher and it is time for this guy to get run.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
3rivers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:

How dare you, I thought it was mine by default? Laughing Nice try though 'Cool' Maybe we could put together a good staff from here Idea Seems like Tomlin has had some bad selections for coaches.

Kugler thought highly of colon, but we aren't seeing it yet, might not at all. I am thinking he has to go, I would like Grimm back, but that won't happen Sad
I would prefer a former OL that was really good in his day, like B Mathews, Dawson, Boselli, Allen, Munoz or Stepnoski. I would prefer an OT as I think this position is even more critical these days.

I am looking forward to Keth's 2-2 reviews of the OL in the next few games.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
at23steelers wrote:

How dare you, I thought it was mine by default? Laughing Nice try though 'Cool' Maybe we could put together a good staff from here Idea Seems like Tomlin has had some bad selections for coaches.

Kugler thought highly of colon, but we aren't seeing it yet, might not at all. I am thinking he has to go, I would like Grimm back, but that won't happen Sad
I would prefer a former OL that was really good in his day, like B Mathews, Dawson, Boselli, Allen, Munoz or Stepnoski. I would prefer an OT as I think this position is even more critical these days.

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed How could I ever let anyone here not be our offensive line coach besides 3Rivers?? My bad, 3Riv. 43 can be assistant OLine coach.
3rivers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
3rivers wrote:
at23steelers wrote:

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed How could I ever let anyone here not be our offensive line coach besides 3Rivers?? My bad, 3Riv. 43 can be assistant OLine coach.

You're forgiven and 3Riv is a good handle as well.'Razz' I think me and 43M could coexist, much better than donaho and cowher. Especially once the OL is like:

Starks DD Mo Gilbert Adams

Maybe switch Starks for Adams and draft Fluker but ok this with the scouting dept (see below)

JPN would be a scout as would shaun l brown. Keth would be in charge of the the film , I mean video room. No sleeping allowed, and no bubble gum allowed. Laughing I think I could sit in on a session with Keth and the current OL, it would be quite an event Twisted Evil OL has no attitude at all, just like the D Embarassed

They have time to prepare for a good eagles DL with a wide 9 approach. I sense trouble with the DE's in passing (or should I say most) downs Embarassed Will they decide to run the ball vs this alignment? They have time to prepare for it, lets see
at23steelers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
3rivers wrote:
at23steelers wrote:

You're forgiven and 3Riv is a good handle as well.'Razz' I think me and 43M could coexist, much better than donaho and cowher. Especially once the OL is like:

Starks DD Mo Gilbert Adams

Maybe switch Starks for Adams and draft Fluker but ok this with the scouting dept (see below)

JPN would be a scout as would shaun l brown. Keth would be in charge of the the film , I mean video room. No sleeping allowed, and no bubble gum allowed. Laughing I think I could sit in on a session with Keth and the current OL, it would be quite an event Twisted Evil OL has no attitude at all, just like the D Embarassed

They have time to prepare for a good eagles DL with a wide 9 approach. I sense trouble with the DE's in passing (or should I say most) downs Embarassed Will they decide to run the ball vs this alignment? They have time to prepare for it, lets see

Laughing Laughing Kethy should definitely be the GM, and we all know why. Wink I agree that wide 9 could give us problems, but I am glad they saw it in the preseason against the Eagles to gain more experience with it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: