Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4: VIKINGS (2-1) at Lions (1-2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klomp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

husker_vikes3 wrote:
This could be putting the cart before the horse, but if we beat the Lions we could potentially take sole possession of first place in the North for the first time in two years. Green Bay plays New Orleans and Chicago plays Dallas.

Saints aren't good
husker_vikes3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
husker_vikes3 wrote:
This could be putting the cart before the horse, but if we beat the Lions we could potentially take sole possession of first place in the North for the first time in two years. Green Bay plays New Orleans and Chicago plays Dallas.

Saints aren't good
I'd still give them a chance to win in a shootout. The Saints are having a bad year, but I can't see them going 0-4.

skywindO2 wrote:
I'm still under the impression that the old coaching staff thought intercepting passes was against the rules.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

husker_vikes3 wrote:
Klomp wrote:
husker_vikes3 wrote:

Saints aren't good
I'd still give them a chance to win in a shootout. The Saints are having a bad year, but I can't see them going 0-4.

and thats their best bet.

I'm still not sold though that GB is this all great team. I think Seattle can bring it to them, even though I'm not sold on them either...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions secondary is their weakness. They're horrible against the pass due to injuries. I don't have the whole skinny on this, but I know Louis Delmas and Chris Houston have been out. They could be back this week though, I'm not sure.

Their run defense is ranked 11th right now, but that number could be a little skewed by the fact that they just played Chris "Totally Better Than Adrian Peterson, Guys! Seriously!" Johnson.

Their offense will be a tough challenge with Hill or Stafford. Stafford can hit guys deep like nobody else but Shaun Hill has been pretty accurate over the years.

The problem, I think, is that we're on the road. We always play way worse on the road. Hopefully we can take the momentum from Week 3 and take it with us next Sunday.

I'd pick the Lions if I was forced to pick this game, but just because I don't really trust us to win yet.

Hopefully it's a good one.
HighHopes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

husker_vikes3 wrote:

Honestly, if Ponder continues to play well, I dont see why this team cant do really well. Of course a big if.

Im wondering how this team will do after this big win. Its very easy and possible the team put ALOT of effort into the game, and now that they won, they might feel too comfortable. I want to see how they react.

Of course alot of that is judgment on how I generally act to stuff so yea.... lol

EDIT: I hope they can create a motivator from something

XBL/PSN: Chainedsniper
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am torn as to who I would rather see starting for Detroit.

Matthew Stafford we know has a cannon for an arm and is deadly with Calvin Johnson. However, he looked dreadful week 1, and struggled a bit week 2.

On the other hand, Shaun Hill seems like a poor man's Alex Smith. Very smart QB who will take what the defense gives him and probably wont put the ball in harms way as often as Stafford has this year. Hill may be more efficient. With Hill, I am probably less concerned of Calvin Johnson going nuts like he could with Stafford back there.

Ultimately, I hope Stafford can play. I want to see how this defense does against a QB than most respect in Stafford. Though he hasnt been playing as well as he was last year.

With the Lions struggling in the secondary, this is a perfect game for Jerome Simpson to come back and for the Vikes to open up the downfield passing game.
twslhs20

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madden Curse!

Joe_is_the_best ^^

BWG VIKE wrote:
Teddy needs a Snickers, he looks like Ponder when he is hungry
Klomp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zephiel wrote:
The problem, I think, is that we're on the road. We always play way worse on the road. Hopefully we can take the momentum from Week 3 and take it with us next Sunday.

Recent history at Ford Field:

2011: 23-26 L (OT)
2010: 13-20 L
2009: 27-13 W
2008: 20-16 W
2007: 17-20 L (OT)
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF Lions fans are pretty down on their team right now, wondering if they're any good after all.

a generalization, obviously, but they're not shrugging off their troubles this season so far as being minor.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Nzd07

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be a high scoring game. Jake Locker lit up DET's secondary, so I expect Ponder to have a HUGE game. I think we burn them early, but as usual, they come back in the 4th. However, we force a fumble and run out the clock to victory.

Detroit- 27 Minny- 31
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rudolph: "We're going to Detroit next week. It's a big division game for us. We've got to enjoy this one for now, but get back to work."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_21615690/minnesota-vikings-bob-sansevere-q-tight-end-kyle

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet on Vikings to win SF, but didnt get a payout as my other games didnt make it. However, I dont expect a high scoring game. I high scoring game would lead me to believe that we had to "go against our game plan"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a tough game on the road. Division games always are.

It depends which team shows up for both sides. If the week 3 Vikings show up, could be an easy win, but if the week 2 Vikings show up, it could be a blow out. The Lions have been inconsistent as well, but are very talented when they show up.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think we'll beat on NFC North Team, 1 time, but I think it will be the Lions at home later in the season. Still, depending on Stafford's availability it could really change the game.

kgreene06

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Lions fan, my honest assessment is this...we arent going to win this game. Our offense takes too long to get in sync and the titans just hung up 44 points on us, albeit alot were on special teams and defense. I think minny has more talent on both sides of the football than tennessee did. When they came out the draft, I thought Ponder was better than Locker, and I expect him to have a better day against us.

Vikings-28 Lions-12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 2 of 47

Jump to: